The Blacklist

So that's all for season 7.

Looking forward to season 8, maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the idea of Liz teaming up with Mom Rostova, to work against Red,

After all Kat is blood, Red is not.

I've enjoyed in the past some episodes where Liz has worked some heists in Red's team (the priceless penny comes to mind).

Now I would like to see how Liz works with her mom....before Red dies, and Liz becomes rich.

Reactions: norman881
I totally agree, I've read comments from people who were not happy with it.

But IMO it was a great idea, demonstrated initiative, creativity, resolve to finish the episode that was half done.

That makes for a unique episode,

In that short list of unique episodes I would include_

Cape May - Sureeal and Bizarre. but great IMO.

The Ressler brothers episode - I think it's the only episode so far where Red is a no-show.

And this last one.

Reactions: norman881
I totally agree, I've read comments from people who were not happy with it.

But IMO it was a great idea, demonstrated initiative, creativity, resolve to finish the episode that was half done.

That makes for a unique episode,

In that short list of unique episodes I would include_

Cape May - Sureeal and Bizarre. but great IMO.

The Ressler brothers episode - I think it's the only episode so far where Red is a no-show.

And this last one.
Overnight stats showed it pretty good. 4.5 million the first half and 3.66 million the second half. I really don't understand how they lose viewers that much in the second half. If you're watching a program don't you think you'd watch the second half?:confused:

Reactions: DJdish
Overnight stats showed it pretty good. 4.5 million the first half and 3.66 million the second half. I really don't understand how they lose viewers that much in the second half. If you're watching a program don't you think you'd watch the second half?:confused:

Good point,

But from the comments I read, and these were coming from Blacklist fans and not just casual viewers, most of them were venting frustration, not celebrating and appreciating the effort and creativity put by the team to finish an episode that was not complete and the resolve to wrap up the season with such episode.

The comments I read, I sensed are from fans who put more value to the form (complaining about poor quality animation) instead of putting more value to the creativity, innovation,.

Anyway, I hadn't checked the ratings, thanks for sharing them, and yep, that confirms what I was sensing.

In my case I'm a die hard fan of this show, there is not one single episode I have complaints or a beef with..

I look forward to the new dark and evil Lizzie....

One thing that the fans complained about was that the episode didn't run seamlessly.

The only thing that I found confusing is the Dom character.

We all know that Brian Dennehy is gone, and without him there is no Dom,

At the opening of the episode, Liz is talking to him, then we were told that she was imagining that.

In the episode I was not able to pinpoint a scene where Dom is declared dead.

But I guess we have to assume that now that Brian (i.e. the actor) is gone, so is Dom....

Good point,

But from the comments I read, and these were coming from Blacklist fans and not just casual viewers, most of them were venting frustration, not celebrating and appreciating the effort and creativity put by the team to finish an episode that was not complete and the resolve to wrap up the season with such episode.

The comments I read, I sensed are from fans who put more value to the form (complaining about poor quality animation) instead of putting more value to the creativity, innovation,.

Anyway, I hadn't checked the ratings, thanks for sharing them, and yep, that confirms what I was sensing.

In my case I'm a die hard fan of this show, there is not one single episode I have complaints or a beef with..

I look forward to the new dark and evil Lizzie....

One thing that the fans complained about was that the episode didn't run seamlessly.

The only thing that I found confusing is the Dom character.

We all know that Brian Dennehy is gone, and without him there is no Dom,

At the opening of the episode, Liz is talking to him, then we were told that she was imagining that.

In the episode I was not able to pinpoint a scene where Dom is declared dead.

But I guess we have to assume that now that Brian (i.e. the actor) is gone, so is Dom....
They can use an animated scene with him.

I commend the show for giving us some closure to the season, but I understand the complaints.The animation and the story felt rushed, with the writing and dialogue more like you'd read in a graphic novel. I assume some of these story elements would've played out over the additional episodes the season was originally supposed to have. It just had a really different feel to the normal style, tone, and flow of the show. Speaking of which, what was with the "Spidey senses" Liz and Red were given when a thought box indicated something they knew or suspected intuitively? It could've been better, but perhaps not under the circumstances and in time to meet the network deadline.

Reactions: KAB
This one is on my short-list of best scenes so far in 7 seasons.

Others on my list would be_

"The suspense is killing me"
"a nanny movie?.....yes I wanna hear all about it, but...so business first and then Cynthia I'll be all ears....."
"I'll take a raincheck on the stroganoff..."

Starting in the fall ?

Will they actually be able to shoot episodes with safe distancet et al, etc.

Or

Will the first episodes will be cartoon style ?

Like in the past season finale.?

NBC announced its fall line-up as if they will be airing new shows in September or October. We'll see. With COVID on the rise in many states, it's not like anything has really changed since the shutdowns began other than the really severe hot spot in the NYC area has subsided, and some states are reopening with few safety protocols in place as if there isn't still a highly contagious pandemic still going on.

Here's an article I found:

NBC's Fall 2020 Schedule Is Full Of Shows That Haven't Filmed, So What's The Plan?

...Still, seeing NBC's approach to a fall season during a pandemic is to conduct business as usual is interesting, given what other networks are doing. Fox has obtained the broadcast rights to the Spectrum series LA's Finest, while The CW is pushing most of its shows to 2021 and opting to run episodes of DC Universe's Swamp Thing and CBS All Access' Tell Me a Story instead.

While certain states have announced that production on TV and film can resume, safety protocols and guidelines are still in the works. Until those come to pass, the chances of TV filming beginning again seems unlikely. That said, NBC is not alone in hoping it's business as usual.

And from yesterday's news:

10 states are seeing their highest average of daily new Covid-19 cases since the pandemic started

Just as much of the US was improving, 10 states are seeing their highest seven-day average of new coronavirus cases per day since the pandemic started months ago, according to a CNN analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University.
The data includes new cases reported by Johns Hopkins through Tuesday. The states seeing record-high averages are Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina and Texas.

The Blacklist Exposed did a 90 minute podcast 2 days ago. It was a watch party from March with Clark as one of the guests commenting on the episode.

Just learning that Clark Middleton who played Glen, passed on October 4th at 63 as a consequence of WesT Nile virus for which (I read) there is no known cure.

He will be greatly missed, I loved his work on the show.
R.I.P.
c8e88422584a6ed4b05c3e1aed34a87e--james-spader-the-blacklist.jpg

:crying