The Coop Legacy - 63 Years in the Making

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by Scott Greczkowski, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Topic Starter Scanning the Skies! Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

coop.png
    Back before there were DBS satellites... hell before there was a commercial satellite industry there was this guy... Bob Cooper who put it all on the line to help bring satellite television to homes across America.

Sure you can call him a satellite pirate, but it was different then he was fighting to give us what nobody would sell us. A satellite pirate then was not like one now. It can be said without Bob Cooper there would be no Satellite TV industry, and for that matter no SatelliteGuys website if it was not for Bob Cooper.

Now you can go relive the birth and the glory days of the real satellite industry with Bob's new site:

Home

If you grew up with C Band Satellite then you will want to go back and relive Satellite TV's real glory days with Bob. Its not perfect but its a great place to relive those memories.

Congrats Bob on the new site, and thanks for all you did to bring Satellite Television HOME!

#1 Scott Greczkowski, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    PopcornNMore, N5XZS, dfergie and 8 others like this.
  2. comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb Dogs have owners, cats have staff Pub Member / Supporter

Cool site. Thanks for sharing. Going to take me a long time to dig through that archive!

He mentions having CNN's first broadcast in his archive, but it's not linked there. In case anybody wants to see that, here it is:

raydio and NYDutch like this.
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

A lot of really interesting stuff there, and some that brings back some really old memories to this 76 year old! Thanks!

4. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Topic Starter Scanning the Skies! Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

By the way... Bob tells me this is just phase one with more to come over time.

With that said plenty to read and enjoy now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

5. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

I used to subscribe to Coop's Satellite Digest. I remember when the ads came out for the Turks & Caicos island conference, to discuss Vc-2 hacks... I also remember what happened to many people that came back from the conference...

6. Scott Greczkowski

Got a note from Bob, he is looking for an email address for Bob Taggart from Chaparral.

If anyone has it can they please send it to me in a PM. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

7. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

You could send a message to him via his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bob-taggart-75b2a320/

8. Scott Greczkowski

Yeah I sent that to him already. :)

9. MikeI

MikeI SatelliteGuys Pro

motherearthnews.com/nature-and-environment/satellite-television-zmaz80mjzraw

I found this article from 1980. Not sure if it's on his website or not.

Sent from my VS995 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Separate names with a comma.

More...