The CW HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is true. The HOA can not tell DFWHD that he can not put up an OTA antenna. I live in Allen, about 35 miles N of Dallas. I went to Fry's and bought a $24.95 roof mount antenna. I get every one of the local Dallas stations way up here and they are all clear. By this I mean no breakups. The HD on C33 looks great. And it's free. Give it a try.

Bob

Where in Allen are you? I'm in Twin Creeks and was told by our Realtor when we moved in and again by a neighbor that I'd have to get a waiver and that it was almost impossible to do (only satellite TV antenna's were allowed). I'm fairly reasonable and don't like to stir up sh&t, but it sounds like the law is on my side, so I'm headed up to Fry's next weekend. What model did you get?

It is against the law to prevent you from putting up an OTA antenna.

Read through this FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

Specifically the third answer to the first question.

Thanks - I think where our HOA gets away with this is how this is worded below. I'm going to request an exception and see what happens. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Q: What restrictions prevent a viewer from receiving an acceptable quality signal? Can a homeowners association or other restricting entity establish enforceable preferences for antenna locations?
A: For antennas designed to receive analog signals, such as TVBS, a requirement that an antenna be located where reception would be impossible or substantially degraded is prohibited by the rule. However, a regulation requiring that antennas be placed where they are not visible from the street would be permissible if this placement does not prevent reception of an acceptable quality signal or impose unreasonable expense or delay. For example, if installing an antenna in the rear of the house costs significantly more than installation on the side of the house, then such a requirement would be prohibited. If, however, installation in the rear of the house does not impose unreasonable expense or delay or preclude reception of an acceptable quality signal, then the restriction is permissible and the viewer must comply.

To me, an exception isn't needed as the HOA rule is superceded by the OTARD rules. But, to keep the peace, it's probably a good idea to present the FCC rules to the HOA board. But be prepared for all kinds of interpretations of that rule. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)