The CW in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
The CW in HD for Reno area with spotbeam also covering Susanville, CA, and Bridgeport, CA. Actually reaches the NorCal coast.

Reno channel 46-1 carries The CW in HD. DirecTV channel 46 is SD only. Bummer. I also have an AM21. Reno 46 is on a peak eight miles away. Comes in on regular OTA great. Unfortunately, The CW, 46-1 is not in the AM21's database. CSR's are clueless and fail to understand my complaint.

Anybody have any insight as to why DirecTV won't carry the CW in HD?

The CWPlus version (which this is one) just recently changed to HD (month or so ago)

As to why its not in the database 46 is actually a low powered station. Directv usually doesnt have them in the database unless its associated with a main network (Big 4)
I notice it is also on 27-2 which is in the database...but it looks like its in SD only

If you have a HR34/HMC/Genie you can "scan" for the channel. But if you have a HR2X then no its just the database

Reno stations in the database
KTVNDT 2.1
KTVNDT2 2.2
KRNVDT 4.1
KRNVDT2 4.2
KRNVDT3 4.3
KNPBDT 5.1
KNPBDT2 5.2
KNPBDT3 5.3
KOLODT 8.1
KOLODT2 8.2
KRXIDT 11.1
KRXIDT2 11.2
KAMEDT 21.1
KRENDT 27.1
KRENDT2 27.2

If you add a secondary zip code for a market that has the proper RF/PSIP combo for you channel 46-1, you will be able to see the CW channel. The guide data will show incorrectly, but at least you'll be able to tune to it.

Example: I have an AM21 and HR24. There is a low power channel 47-1 locally that is not in the Directv database. The neighboring market (Raleigh) has an ION station on channel 47-1. I do not receive the ION 47-1 OTA usually but I do receive the LP station as it is less than 20 miles away. I receive most of other other OTA channels from Raleigh and thus already had the secondary zip code in my AM21. Here is a pic showing guide data for WRPX 47-1 Rocky Mount, NC ION. But the programming is actually "Eden Drug's Solutions for a Better Life" on WGSR-LD 47-1 Reidsville, NC. WGSR also has 2 subchannels (the -2 is a SD repeat of WGSR-1 and the -3 is another local LP, WMDV Martinsville, VA) but the subchannels do not show on the -2 and -3 of WRPX on Directv. Play around with it! Maybe you can find another CW in your time zone on the correct channel so at least prime time would be correct.
1021121143.jpg

no what he means is put in a second zip that has a 46 as an option in the database

lemme look and see what I can come up with

well there are lots of options for zips to load a 46

Phoenix is the closest (but a Spanish station)

wait scratch that....there are a couple cities with CW affiliates on RF46...the time zone would be wrong but its an option
Clio, Michigan maps to 46 (Bay City/Flint Michigan)
Columbus, OH (maps to 53)

just plug a zip in as secondary and it should work

It would let you "tune' the station. Any recordings would need to be manual without depending on the guide data.

If you use a CW station yes the guide will be off....but you can manually set a recording (or just record the timeslot)

Yeah, like if I wanted to record "Eden Drug's Solution for a Better Life" I would just tell the Directv receiver to record "Humana Medicare Advantage Plans." You can leave the SD version of the CW channel in your favorites list, too, just to have the correct guide info there. Theoretically, they would appear sequentially on the guide.

I found one solution. Fired up my HTPC made from my junk pile. "Arrow" can be viewed online at CWTV. Not ideal with commercials and Windows wanting to updates while I'm watching but okay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)