The CW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
Now that The CW has launched, are there any of you that have lost any channels due to THE WB and THE CW going into one.

Here in my market my local ABC station had UPN as one of its digital sub channels, and directv carried it.
I did not have a WB, I was getting the Baltimore feed that Directv offered.

Well today The ABC station lost the UPN. They went to Independant.

My local CBS station now has The CW as one of its digital subchannels.

Directv still has the former UPN channel now gone Independant on the locals.
They do not have The New CW on the lineup.
Im still getting the Baltimore CW on channel 15.

I wonder how long it will be before Directv cuts off the National CW feed, now that I have a local CW even if its not on directv.

jamielee said:
I wonder how long it will be before Directv cuts off the National CW feed, now that I have a local CW even if its not on directv.

From my understanding, digital affiliates don't count due the number of people capable of redeiving them... and DirecTV can still give you access to a "regional" CW affiliate.

~Alan

I lost the one over the sat )think it was out of baltimore) but fortunately the local CBS has carried it over on a subchannel

Here in Detroit WB is now CW and it appears to have been added to the MPEG4 local lineup. I've got 3 versions (Standard, MPEG4 and OTA) showing up in the guide.

I live in peoria, illinois and we got the wb station from baltimore on channel 14. i tuned to channel 14 today and i got a message saying that the wb and upn networks have merged to form the cw network. It goes on to say we apologize but we can no longer offer this channel.

cubfan98us said:
I live in peoria, illinois and we got the wb station from baltimore on channel 14. i tuned to channel 14 today and i got a message saying that the wb and upn networks have merged to form the cw network. It goes on to say we apologize but we can no longer offer this channel.

Maybe it's because your local ABC affiliate (WHOI-19) is now offering the CW on a digital subchannel of it's digital signal - maybe D* is going to add this to your local lineup...

cubfan98us said:

Same thing here in the Topeka market. We have our NBC providing the CW as a digital subchannel, but Directv is not carrying it. I guess no CW for us.

maybe they'll be carrying it soon. They have the reight to stop Direct from givign that channel to you

They probably will do the same in Duluth, MN. CW is a subchannel on CBS.

I'm in Austin -KCWX 2 (former UPN San ANtonio) has been removed - Tuning to Ch 2 says ' Channel Not available' - Strange that is is still on the web site as an offering for my area

Im getting the Baltimore CW on channel 15 from Directv
Getting The CW on CBS subchannel 9.2 from my market in Greenville NC
and getting The CW WLFL 22.1 from my neighboring market Raliegh NC

bjoe said:
I'm in Austin -KCWX 2 (former UPN San ANtonio) has been removed - Tuning to Ch 2 says ' Channel Not available' - Strange that is is still on the web site as an offering for my area

It's on channel 12 on the cable. Maybe we'll see it somewhere from D* later.

We also lost our channel 14 (WB54 from Baltimore) in the Johnstown/Altoona, PA market. It has the "...We can no longer offer this channel" message on it currently until Friday (according to the program information) then will probably disappear. I called DirecTV and the CSR said that WB54 most likely won't allow them to give us CW currently and they are trying to make an agreement with them.

Sucks because I was looking forward to finally being able to watch WWE Smackdown since we don't have a local UPN affiliate.

We have no local CW affiliates either. Closest would be WPCW from Pittsburgh, which I think is what the local cable company is offering for CW.

Hopefully things will straighten out eventually..

-Dan

Just to update, been a few years ago but we eventually got CW added.
Directv added WNCT sub channel The CW on channel 15. Also Directv never removed the DNS CW feed on channel 394.
We have got our local CW on 15 and CWe on 394.

We also lost our channel 14 (WB54 from Baltimore) in the Johnstown/Altoona, PA market. It has the "...We can no longer offer this channel" message on it currently until Friday (according to the program information) then will probably disappear. I called DirecTV and the CSR said that WB54 most likely won't allow them to give us CW currently and they are trying to make an agreement with them.

Sucks because I was looking forward to finally being able to watch WWE Smackdown since we don't have a local UPN affiliate.

We have no local CW affiliates either. Closest would be WPCW from Pittsburgh, which I think is what the local cable company is offering for CW.

Hopefully things will straighten out eventually..

-Dan

I live right over the hill on the south end of Indiana county right along rte 56 and we have WPCW on D* . Never had the other one. But we also do not get WJAC on ours, do you happen to get them on yours?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)