the Dish 2016 predictions thread: Post your predictions here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dish comes out with a Hopper App that provides cloud services for subscribers to store recorded programming. Dish certainly would charge a monthly fee for this cloud service that would go up the more storage amount one would use. Not sure if this would get into copyright lawsuits or not.

I predict that many will finally discover what The Cloud is and wonder what the Sam Hill all the buzz is about.

Here's a start: "The Cloud" is storage over which you have no direct control and the only security you might have is a non-unity percentage assurance, defined in your Service Level Agreement, that it is safe from theft, corruption or total loss.

As a live backup tool, it can be quite valuable but do you really want to give up all control?

Reactions: Cold Irons
DISH will continue to lose subscribers ,due to cord cutting and price hikes on their fees and programming. Next year at this time we will already know about programming fee hikes and DISH fee hikes for 2017. Which will continue to make DISH lose subs to cord cutting and rinse and repeat..... the cycle continues. This has been the same cycle for the last 5 years ,with little deviation.

DISH will continue to lose subscribers ,due to cord cutting and price hikes on their fees and programming. Next year at this time we will already know about programming fee hikes and DISH fee hikes for 2017. Which will continue to make DISH lose subs to cord cutting and rinse and repeat..... the cycle continues. This has been the same cycle for the last 5 years ,with little deviation.
Dish won't be the only one. I'm certainly not happy about the price increase, but if it bothered me that bad, I'd just cut the cord and be done with them. I know it's aggregating but they all do it, and complaining about it certainly isn't going to change their mind about increases.

Talking to a dish rep in equipment sales this morning. I asked how many tuners the new hopper would have. He politely stated they were not allowed to discuss details regarding the new hopper.

I then asked if he knew, yes or no. He said he has seen the specs and that the wait will be worthwhile.

Hmm, I'm really intrigued and curious now. I do believe the 2nd round of dph equipment will go hand in hand with the new hopper.

I would love to see Dish drop all SD versions of RSN's and make them HD only. Just like there are some HD channels in the Movie Pack that don't have SD counterparts - do that with the RSN's. People want to watch sports in HD so just drop all the SD RSN's and have them in HD only. Great way to start the phase out SD over the next decade.

Reactions: JR_Baas
This has been the same cycle for the last 5 years ,with little deviation.
If it is well established, it would seem pointless to repeat the prediction in the same thread.

As nelson61 points out, you could swap pretty much any other provider with DISH and have a valid prediction.

Dish won't be the only one. I'm certainly not happy about the price increase, but if it bothered me that bad, I'd just cut the cord and be done with them. I know it's aggregating but they all do it, and complaining about it certainly isn't going to change their mind about increases.
No complaining about it won't change their plans to hike the fees and prices, but it will get you some healthy credits on your account to keep you around to complain about it again next year. That is if you complain to the loyalty or retention department. It's worked for me the last few years or I would have left a long time ago.

If it is well established, it would seem pointless to repeat the prediction in the same thread.

As nelson61 points out, you could swap pretty much any other provider with DISH and have a valid prediction.
Hey, the thread says post YOUR 2016 predictions here. So I did. Doesn't make my prediction any less true . In fact I bet I am right on target as usual. Oh and another prediction for you : Some people will get angry, when I post the truth and they will gripe about it in this thread. Wow, I am on a roll here. I need to join the Psychic Friends Network and get me a job.:hatsoff

Reactions: Mr Tony
Doesn't make my prediction any less true .
I don't think anyone has bothered to argue otherwise. The obviousness negates it as a talking point. Inflation is what it is and there's not much point in discussing it unless you have some numbers to bat around. At the same time, if the numbers are in line with history or inflation, then its just whining and that's selfish.

My prediction is I will return my Vip211 and lower my package from Top250 to Top200. Rate increase my ass. Just knocked $17 off my bill which after the increase will be a savings of $12/mo. Take that Charlie!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
My prediction is I will return my Vip211 and lower my package from Top250 to Top200. Rate increase my ass. Just knocked $17 off my bill which after the increase will be a savings of $12/mo. Take that Charlie!
What are going to use if you don't have a 211?
SD?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

more and more locals will get dropped for a bit due to disputes
the dish pom pom wavers will continue to think Dish does no wrong...no matter what Dish does

Thats really all I got :)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
more and more locals will get dropped for a bit due to disputes
the dish pom pom wavers will continue to think Dish does no wrong...no matter what Dish does
Which means we will NEVER SEE ANY OTHER PROVIDERS have disputes and blackouts. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.