the Dish 2016 predictions thread: Post your predictions here.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I bet a Lot worse is in store for Directv this year than Dish.
That my 2016 Prediction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What are you talking about? The thread asked for predictions and I gave them
"more and more locals will get dropped for a bit due to disputes"...its well known that when locals come up for renewal there is always the threat of them being removed....even for a day. Dish seems to drop more than other providers. Look at two big ones this past year...Sinclair and Tegna (Gannett). Both were dropped on Dish (for a day) yet on Directv they weren't dropped (they had an extension).
Right now Dish just dropped KNBN in Rapid City, SD and recently dropped KJZZ in Salt Lake City.

There are some Dish pom pom wavers who defend Dish no matter what they do. That's common knowledge here. :)

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and Hall
There are some Dish pom pom wavers who defend Dish no matter what they do. That's common knowledge here. :)

Oh, there is definitely a lot of DISH Pom pom wavers on this site,:cheer who defend DISH no matter how high they go on their FEES and price hikes. You would think that they get paid a residual check from old Charlie himself, for every well placed defensive post that they make. The saddest part is that they offer the same tired defense: All the other video companies like DIRECTV and Cable are doing the same thing! Like that makes DISH any less responsible for their company DISH FEES that they decide to go up on. I can already hear my mothers voice in my head saying: I guess if all Video companies jumped off a bridge, then it would be okay for DISH to do it too!:drama

Is it me, Or did all the Dish Hate post get to stay, But all the other posts got deleted?
Because quite frankly the "Dish Pom Pom" reference isn't any better then anything else that was removed.

This topic is exactly about Dish ,
Clearly this is more Flaming then a prediction, Same as another post in this thread.

But anyhow, We are only a few short days away from atleast some 2016 Dish answers.

Last edited:
Oh, there is definitely a lot of DISH Pom pom wavers on this site,:cheer who defend DISH no matter how high they go on their FEES and price hikes...

My increase will be $8 month with Dish. Comparable plan on DirecTV goes up $8 plus 50 cents for each receiver plus an increase in an unwanted regional sports network. So, what's your point? (And 2 Hoppers are better than one Genie, and my local cable provider sucks. Dish is just an informed decision not a "pom pom waver" response.)

My Prediction- New Hopper Web, 12 Virtual Tuners, and new iHopper App
-
Knowing subs are dropping due to more and more online content (cord cutters) . . .
The new Hopper will be called Hopper Web, it will now do SAT plus all Web content, from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube and ANYTHING.
===Plus====
There will be a new Apple TV app called iHopper, After talks with Apple, they will integrate the Apple TV in with the Hopper, the Apple TV will do the guide data and Content. THey both must be on the same home Subnet for it to work.
====Plus ===
All Channels will be grouped on Transponders by Type.
So all Sports will be on similar transponders (need about 3) and News , all HBOs will also be ect.
This will allow for more recording options just like my Prime Time.
====Plus====
Channel 100 will be dropped because no one can watch it as it keeps changing what it is showing.
Freeing up more 4K channels this summer.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
My Prediction- New Hopper Web, 12 Virtual Tuners, and new iHopper App
-
Knowing subs are dropping due to more and more online content (cord cutters) . . .
The new Hopper will be called Hopper Web, it will now do SAT plus all Web content, from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube and ANYTHING.
===Plus====
There will be a new Apple TV app called iHopper, After talks with Apple, they will integrate the Apple TV in with the Hopper, the Apple TV will do the guide data and Content. THey both must be on the same home Subnet for it to work.
====Plus ===
All Channels will be grouped on Transponders by Type.
So all Sports will be on similar transponders (need about 3) and News , all HBOs will also be ect.
This will allow for more recording options just like my Prime Time.
====Plus====
Channel 100 will be dropped because no one can watch it as it keeps changing what it is showing.
Freeing up more 4K channels this summer.
Dang!

My increase will be $8 month with Dish. Comparable plan on DirecTV goes up $8 plus 50 cents for each receiver plus an increase in an unwanted regional sports network. So, what's your point? (And 2 Hoppers are better than one Genie, and my local cable provider sucks. Dish is just an informed decision not a "pom pom waver" response.)
As Iceberg and I have both stated previously , this thread is about DISH and your prediction, not the other industry competition like DIRECTV. IF you want to talk about DIRECTV then go to that board and post away.

My point when I posted before that this perpetual cycle of programming hikes and DISH fee increases will continue to cause cord cutting and sub churn loss that will continue the cycle of price hikes and sub loss. I predicted that this will continue to happen in 2016 and we will already be discussing the DISH 2017 price hikes and fee increases next year at this time. IF anyone wants to defend this cycle by comparing DISH's actions by saying basically :
"everyone else in the industry is doing it... - is missing the point. Doesn't make it right and it will not stop the cycle of price hikes/sub losses that result from it. The only thing that will stop it is the total collapse of the current forced tv bundle model.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
"more and more locals will get dropped for a bit due to disputes"...its well known that when locals come up for renewal there is always the threat of them being removed....even for a day
Your prediction may suffer from the fact that many of the negotiations happened this year and next year may be a much lighter load.

IF anyone wants to defend this cycle by comparing DISH's actions by saying basically :
"everyone else in the industry is doing it... - is missing the point. Doesn't make it right and it will not stop the cycle of price hikes/sub losses that result from it. The only thing that will stop it is the total collapse of the current forced tv bundle model.
I agree,
But to be fair, (some of which whom made it very clear that if I don't pay for Directv I should post my opinion about it,)
Well don't you think that's kind of a double standard?
I know you pay for Dish Mike, and by all means have every right to display your feelings on anything you want, as do the rest of us Good or bad!
I welcome Criticism, That builds a better product as well as stable structure.
BUT, there is a fine line when the criticism because obnoxious, and ridiculous, Especially" if "don't pay a cent for a product, or particular service, or receive multiple upon multiple credits and still continue to complain about Rate Hikes and Fees.
And complaints about Local channel disputes??
Do you think it's fair that channels that can be received for Free OTA should come with a Huge price Tag when they are broadcast over Satellite and Cable?
I don't

Mike when you and the "Others" Actually pay a full priced Bill.
Then you can complain about price.
Until then you just sound Greedy yourself.
You are getting Multiple credits, That 90% of existing customer never even think about asking for.

Not many companies will budge on their prices.

I pay $137 a Month for 2 Hoppers 2 Joeys ,one 211z, Top 250,HBO, Showtime, Movie pack, And Protection plan.

No One at all can beat that price!
And if Dish wants to keep giving me freebies, well then I'm certainly not going to piss and moan about it.

Now we want to talk about Ridiculous fees.

RSN fees with the only opt out being a low ball base package below the industry median.

First Room Receiver Fee??
Just a way to grab more money and display a low entry price point.

$15 MRV fee on a one room 2 Tuner DVR account.

Those are some BS fees.

Dish has some too,
Return equipment fees, Gimme a Break,
Pay for Protection plan, and still have a fee for a tech visit. Stupid!

Last edited:
Your prediction may suffer from the fact that many of the negotiations happened this year and next year may be a much lighter load.
we're 2 days in the year and Dish already has one with Rapid City NBC (KNBN) ;)
I'm sure there are plenty of local retrans agreements up this year

I agree,
But to be fair, (some of which whom made it very clear that if I don't pay for Directv I should post my opinion about it,)
Well don't you think that's kind of a double standard?
I know you pay for Dish Mike, and by all means have every right to display your feelings on anything you want, as do the rest of us Good or bad!
I welcome Criticism, That builds a better product as well as stable structure.
BUT, there is a fine line when the criticism because obnoxious, and ridiculous, Especially" if "don't pay a cent for a product, or particular service, or receive multiple upon multiple credits and still continue to complain about Rate Hikes and Fees.
And complaints about Local channel disputes??
Do you think it's fair that channels that can be received for Free OTA should come with a Huge price Tag when they are broadcast over Satellite and Cable?
I don't

Mike when you and the "Others" Actually pay a full priced Bill.
Then you can complain about price.
Until then you just sound Greedy yourself.
You are getting Multiple credits, That 90% of existing customer never even think about asking for.

Not many companies will budge on their prices.

I pay $137 a Month for 2 Hoppers 2 Joeys ,one 211z, Top 250,HBO, Showtime, Movie pack, And Protection plan.

No One at all can beat that price!
And if Dish wants to keep giving me freebies, well then I'm certainly not going to piss and moan about it.

Now we want to talk about Ridiculous fees.

RSN fees with the only opt out being a low ball base package below the industry median.

First Room Receiver Fee??
Just a way to grab more money and display a low entry price point.

$15 MRV fee on a one room 2 Tuner DVR account.

Those are some BS fees.

Dish has some too,
Return equipment fees, Gimme a Break,
Pay for Protection plan, and still have a fee for a tech visit. Stupid!

When you have been with DISH as long as I have ,which is 19 years this month (1-18-97), then I will listen to your complaints about my "greedy" motivations towards DISH. I have paid more than enough on my 3 accounts over the years to justify credits off my bill, which anyone can get if they call and complain to the loyalty department. Just because I get credits off my bill , doesn't make my complaints about high prices any less true. In fact this justification about high FEES and prices , is why I got the credits in the first place from DISH.

What I am sensing here is that there is a lot of green eye envy going on and a lot of sour grapes. IF you feel your bill is too high and just getting higher every year,which it IS, then call and complain and get you some credits off your bill, instead of knocking me for doing it. IF enough of us did that very thing DISH would get the message that their subs wanted this to change.

Like my old Nigerian Captain at the Texas State Prison I worked at for 17 and a half years used to say: They can only ride you if you bend over, so don't BEND over! I follow this advice to this day and it pays to do so. I do this with ALL companies I do business with and I do get discounts , credits off and freebies. I SHOULD get these credits because I am the CUSTOMER. Without the customer NO business would even have a reason to exist. So rather than criticize me for being a little more savvy with my money than most ,why don't you follow my example and save yourself some money too?

Last edited:
When you have been with DISH as long as I have ,which is 18 years this month (1-18-97), then I will listen to your complaints about my "greedy" motivations towards DISH. I have paid more than enough on my 3 accounts over the years to justify credits off my bill, which anyone can get if they call and complain to the loyalty department. Just because I get credits off my bill , doesn't make my complaints about high prices any less true. In fact this justification about high FEES and prices , is why I got the credits in the first place from DISH.

What I am sensing here is that there is a lot of green eye envy going on and a lot of sour grapes. IF you feel your bill is too high and just getting higher every year,which it IS, then call and complain and get you some credits off your bill, instead of knocking me for doing it. IF enough of us did that very thing DISH would get the message that their subs wanted this to change.

Like my old Nigerian Captain at the Texas State Prison I worked at for 17 and a half years used to say: They can only ride you if you bend over, so don't BEND over! I follow this advice to this day and it pays to do so. I do this with ALL companies I do business with and I do get discounts , credits off and freebies. I SHOULD get these credits because I am the CUSTOMER. Without the customer NO business would even have a reason to exist. So rather than criticize me for being a little more savvy with my money than most ,why don't you follow my example and save yourself some money too?
I AM SAVING Money.
I get Discounts, that's why I'm not complaining about fees and rates I don't even have to pay.

I've had Providers for 20 years Mike, Rather then complain, I go with who makes sense, and who can give me the best deal.
If you been with Dish 18 years, Maybe you should leave and see what it's like with someone else.

Then atleast you can have a real basis of comparison.

I AM SAVING Money.
I get Discounts, that's why I'm not complaining about fees and rates I don't even have to pay.

I've had Providers for 20 years Mike, Rather then complain, I go with who makes sense, and who can give me the best deal.
If you been with Dish 18 years, Maybe you should leave and see what it's like with someone else.

Then atleast you can have a real basis of comparison.

Well I should of said 19 years this month, not 18. Forgot what year I was in. As for providers , I have had DIRECTV before twice, I had Primestar when I first got in satellite in 95 . I have Time Warner Cable too for a while back in the day. I am getting $65.00 off my bill for a complete year, so DISH is the best deal out there for me right now. As for the DISH fees , they are too High and they keep going up, period. As a paying customer for 19 years this month , I have seen this company go from the low priced leader with practically no fees to almost as high as the next guy with ever increasing DISH fees. Doesn't make me happy to see this path ,but it does give me the inalienable right to gripe about it and I do each year and I get those credits off. IF I wasn't a monthly on time paying customer for all 3 DISH accounts, for all these years with a credit rating of 830, I am sure DISH wouldn't be offering me any money off or freebies.

IF my posts make you so unhappy there is an ignore button that I suggest that you use , so you won't have to see my "greedy" posts. It makes no difference to me if you use it or not ,but I encourage you to move on one way or another ,because you have said your opinion and I 've said mine and I won't be wasting my time trying to change your mind and you shouldn't be trying to change mine either.

SO you have a good day.:hatsoff2

Reactions: Troch77
Well I should of said 19 years this month, not 18. Forgot what year I was in. As for providers , I have had DIRECTV before twice, I had Primestar when I first got in satellite in 95 . I have Time Warner Cable too for a while back in the day. I am getting $65.00 off my bill for a complete year, so DISH is the best deal out there for me right now. As for the DISH fees , they are too High and they keep going up, period. As a paying customer for 19 years this month , I have seen this company go from the low priced leader with practically no fees to almost as high as the next guy with ever increasing DISH fees. Doesn't make me happy to see this path ,but it does give me the inalienable right to gripe about it and I do each year and I get those credits off. IF I wasn't a monthly on time paying customer for all 3 DISH accounts, for all these years with a credit rating of 830, I am sure DISH wouldn't be offering me any money off or freebies.

IF my posts make you so unhappy there is an ignore button that I suggest that you use , so you won't have to see my "greedy" posts. It makes no difference to me if you use it or not ,but I encourage you to move on one way or another ,because you have said your opinion and I 've said mine and I won't be wasting my time trying to change your mind and you shouldn't be trying to change mine either.

SO you have a good day.:hatsoff2
Hey you have a Nice day yourself.
I certainly don't need to put you on ignore, that just sounds ridiculous.
But agree, This has ran it course.
I certainly have much better things to do then worry about price increases, when it it gets that bad, I just will go else where.

But there is no point since Directv, RCN, Verizon, are far worse in Fees and Prices then Dish.

Plus Dish has my attention this year with Possibly New Hopper, New Joey.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
He feels it is important to repeatedly say that Dish's fees are ridiculous and too high (and point out apparently no one else charges fees?).

For those of you making predictions about a new Hopper, do any if you want to predict when it would actually be available?

I just bought a new 4K TV (due to the death of my old one), and I'm ready to upgrade my old ViP 622...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)