The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

May as well make my first post and try and get some freebies at the same time. Hopefully I will become an actual member of this community and not just try and cash in on Rey's insanity.

~Crash

Welcome to the site HeadCrash. we love new members!! :welcome

I wonder why there is a technical problem, I thought BET HD is on Directv
and some cable systems like Comcast so why would there be a problem
giving E* the HD Feed?

They've had a problem with T5 on the Ciel 2 Indy spot beam for quite a while and haven't solved that nor reported it. Now all locals scheduled for T5 on all spots are on hold because they have the Indy locals on ConUS 5 on a satellite that may wobble out of orbit momentarily. They don't seem especially adept at problem-solving not do they ever seem the least bit concerned about it. They don't seem to think that any of this has any effect on the unwashed masses who don't watch Chats or visit SatGuys. I used to promote E* when asked. I no longer do so.

I still don't think they are having an issue with TP5 on the satellite itself.

I have too many channels as it is now that I will never look at or listen to. I wish we could pick the 15-20 HD channels we want and pay say $29.99/mo and no other BS fees.

dish.jpg

I thought that maybe I was seeing things and maybe they forgot a number, but this might get a couple of laughs around these depressing times. Or maybe this is still being too optimistic.:D

Dear Charlie

Dear Charlie,

I am having a hard time understanding how someone of your obviously high business sense and intellect can act so foolishly. You repeatedly make promises about programming changes and then don't deliver or don't deliver on time. I am trying to figure this out from a business perspective. You make announcements either to appease current customers or attract new customers or both. But when you don't deliver how does that make your customers feel? Wouldn't it be better to not announce anything until immediately AFTER you can flip the switch? Then nobody would be disappointed. Doing it beforehand and not delivering is worse than customers being pleasantly surprised in my opinion.

Sincerely,

A Current DISH Network Customer (for now)

j25a said:
This makes a lot of sense to me but they have had a ton of time to get this figured out. Maybe they were able to add BET-J HD because it went in the Platinum package and I believe the HD Absolute people can see this channel too, right?

The explanation about HD Absolute doesn't make much sense because of an already obvious difference between what Turbo and Absolute customers are seeing.

From what I can tell, the HD Absolute subs can see Comedy Central and CMT in SD, but they're not seeing Spike. The Turbo subs apparently are seeing all three SD channels (CC, CMT & Spike). That has me thinking the issue is something completely different.

If the issue does have something to do with HD Absolute subscribers -such as them not being able to figure out how to deny Absolute subs new channels without it shafting Turbo subs then they're just going to have to deal with the problem some other way so the new (and very overdue) channels can get delivered already.

How many subscribers have HD Absolute? I'm guessing not many. If I was calling the shots at Dish Network I would just add the channels to the Turbo packages regardless if they showed up for Absolute cusomters. However, once the 2 year contract was up for any Absolute customer I would make them move into a different, more up to date programming package. They've done that kind of thing before. I originally signed up in 1999 as a AT120 customer and after a couple or so years wound up in the AT200 package and paying more money for it.

i am extending the deadline to this Friday ;). which means i have to extend the offer till friday for more posters in this thread. yes, i know this move is getting me even more knee deep in s*** but i received a call from chuckles last night to give him more time. so you got till this friday chucky :eek:
Well count me in for a 922-Hey thanks rey!!!:D:up

i am extending the deadline to this Friday ;). which means i have to extend the offer till friday for more posters in this thread. yes, i know this move is getting me even more knee deep in s*** but i received a call from chuckles last night to give him more time. so you got till this friday chucky :eek:
rey if you are extending the offer you should also eliminate the "suckers bet" aspect and receive a 922 from anyone that wants on board now, if the HD channels do show up by Friday.
Just tired of seeing everyone with their hand out these days.
For them to win the pot, you should make them ante. :cool:

Dear Charlie,

It's one thing to treat existing or new customers like your employees, but we make you what you are. Get down off that horse and do the right thing. Don't mislead us evertytime you have something big coming up.

Another Dish Customer (for now)

I will be honest, I was alerted last week that there was a problem with on of the HD channels (BET HD) and was told that contractually they must launch them all together (which makes ZERO sense to me since they added BETJ by itself)

If you notice the info I posted about BET HD is still strange and has no virtual channel number.

My GUESS (and this is only my guess) is that BET HD is still having issues and was the cause of the delay.

I can see why Viacom would want the channels to launch all at one, along with Dish: Make a bigger media splash. But if BET HD is the problem, then I think it is Viacom's problem. They need to approach Viacom and get them to agree to launch the others.

This must be a big deal. I see even Digi changed his avatar.

This makes a lot of sense to me but they have had a ton of time to get this figured out. Maybe they were able to add BET-J HD because it went in the Platinum package and I believe the HD Absolute people can see this channel too, right?

Yes, as is Crime and Investigation. Dish probably doesn't care about the absolutes getting these because they are cheap.. Viacom, on the other hand...

But now Scott is reporting that it may be an issue with BET HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)