The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

I'm sure eventually Scott or someone else will get word from dish that the new national hd was postponed because of technical problems.

If that's the case, why didn't they have these problems worked out days or weeks ago? It's not like Charlie made this announcement yesterday.

Apparently DirecTV didn't have much difficulting getting the correct signal from the network, running the miles of cable or any of the other BS excuses dish gives.

Now, all that being said I have laughed more in the past few hours reading these threads than I have the rest of the year. You know dish has reached a new level of absurdity when people are no longer angry but instead simply sit back, watch and make fun of this debacle.

Does anyone make a HD DVR OTA tuner? I'm very seriously considering just going to OTA but I would miss my DVR too much and I also need a HD tuner as my projector doesn't have one built in. However, 90% of the shows I watch are on channels I get OTA. The few that aren't you could probably find on their online sites.

I'm thinking that may be the best option as it would save me almost $80 a month and I'd no longer have to put up with this BS. I'm still undecided of what I want to do.

Does anyone make a HD DVR OTA tuner? I'm very seriously considering just going to OTA but I would miss my DVR too much and I also need a HD tuner as my projector doesn't have one built in. However, 90% of the shows I watch are on channels I get OTA. The few that aren't you could probably find on their online sites.

I'm thinking that may be the best option as it would save me almost $80 a month and I'd no longer have to put up with this BS. I'm still undecided of what I want to do.

DTV Pal DVR if you can find one. A media center PC is about the best bet otherwise. Get a 2-tuner Hauppauge 2250 or Dvico Dual Express (2 HD OTAs at the same time) and put in your PC. Vista Premium and Windows 7 Premium have built-in media software for scheduling and recording. There is also other 3rd party software from Sage, BeyondTV and others. You can use 2 cards in your PC and have 4 HD OTA tuners for recording. There are also single ATSC tuner cards and USB tuners.

How can you follow this site and not know about the DTVPal DVR?

I do know about it but haven't read the specs. Doesn't it downconvert the digital signal to sd so you can use it with a regular old tv? Or can it pass through and keep it HD too? I want to see it in HD but I didn't know that it could pass through HD. I thought it just converted it so you could see it on a regular TV. Guess I need to read more about it.

I do know about it but haven't read the specs. Doesn't it downconvert the digital signal to sd so you can use it with a regular old tv? Or can it pass through and keep it HD too? I want to see it in HD but I didn't know that it could pass through HD. I thought it just converted it so you could see it on a regular TV. Guess I need to read more about it.

It's HD, basically it allows you to receive the digital signal.

A/V connections:
1 HDMI output
1 set of Component (YPbPr)HD analog video outputs

1 optical digital output for Dolby Digital and
PCM Digital audio
1 set RCA-type audio/video outputs
1 Channel 3-4 modulated output

DTVPAL.COM

I do know about it but haven't read the specs. Doesn't it downconvert the digital signal to sd so you can use it with a regular old tv? Or can it pass through and keep it HD too?.
You are thinking of the regular CECB versions of the DTVpal. These all are SD-output only, by regulation, or else they wouldn't get the subsidy.

The DTVpal DVR is a full-featured HD DVR including HDMI and component outputs. It is not a CECB!

You are thinking of the regular CECB versions of the DTVpal. These all are SD-output only, by regulation, or else they wouldn't get the subsidy.

The DTVpal DVR is a full-featured HD DVR including HDMI and component outputs.

Oh ok cool. I knew the regular DTV Pal was like that as I have one for the bedroom so I just assumed the DTVPal DVR was like that too. It sounds like if I got the OTA only route it's exactly what I need.

Wow.. I took a nap for like 5 hours, just got back up thinking its gotta be there now.... What a disappointment! Talk about letting everyone down..

on the bright side, I don't need to find a new avatar...this one still solidly applied. April 1 was just the latest dangled carrot.

Imagine that. Like I said 400 or so posts ago in this thread, Anyone actually surprised by the latest HD Charlie Foxtrot, is either new or hasnt been paying attention to E*'s history on National HD, which they clearly don't give a ^&$^$%# about..

I'd bet this is the last time we get a hard date on anything...back to a steady diet of "soon" responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)