The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

I have not heard anything from Dish on this, so I have nothing to add.

However with that said I am going to be headed to bed soon and I am hoping that maybe... just maybe when I wake up in the morning the new channels will be on.

Thank you to everyone for making this out busiest day EVER! The servers held up! :)

I'm really surprised. I'm a new Dish customer and fully expected that they could come through with the new channels as promised.

ad nausem

Just in case we needed another chat recap....they didn't quite know what a Charlie chat was, and they are not launching today....

recap

(03) Ted B.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
C: ok, thank you
(03) Ted B.: You're very welcome.
(03) Ted B.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Ted B.: May I know where did you see this information?
C: no problem
C: While watching the "charlie Chat"
(03) Ted B.: May I know where did you see this information?
(03) Ted B.: I understand that.
C: I think the show aired on 3-3-09
C: i think it was channel 101 but i may be mistaken about the channel number
C: but you know what charlie chat is right?
(03) Ted B.: Yes, we do.
(03) Ted B.: Please check this DISH Network - 2009 Updates - 1.888.825.2557
Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, CMT, Spike TV, VH1 and BET are the fwe channels which are going to launch in HD.
(03) Ted B.: However, we do not have the date when we are going to launch these channels exactly.
(03) Ted B.: Please check back with us in a couple of days.
C: why did he say on the show that they would be launched today?
C: or i guess he said "by APril 1st"
(03) Ted B.: I am sorry for that, however, there might be some issues with the launch, we expected that, however, we are sorry for the inconvenience and the information we gave you.

Maybe Charlie saw this thread and saw Rey's free 922 offer. He probably posted to get his name on the list and then called the guy that throws the switch to activate the HD and told him not to turn it on today so he can get a free 922!

I have not heard anything from Dish on this, so I have nothing to add.

However with that said I am going to be headed to bed soon and I am hoping that maybe... just maybe when I wake up in the morning the new channels will be on.

Thank you to everyone for making this out busiest day EVER! The servers held up! :)
Scott, I owe you a sincere apology. I have given you a fair bit of grief for your "HD being added to DISH" rumors that never panned out before I made the switch. It seems that all of your misfires in the past could have come straight from Charlie, in which I would have reported them myself.
Very soon after I arranged my install with Directv, DISH announced their plans to add Spike-HD on April 1st which coincided with the next Fight Night and season premiere of TUF, I thought that is just my luck (being bad luck). But I would be on a clock tower right now if I would have canceled my install and stayed with DISH just to be stuck with Spike in SD tonight.

sundaddy said:
The study of mass deception...."ERGENOMICS"
:up Good one!

I think I need to break out my old chestnut:

"You can't spell dishonest without Dish"

Earlier today, I thought "figures that today is my last full day with E* before cancelling tomorrow after our new D* install, and this also happens to be the day where we get a few good HD channels I've been waiting a long time for". I take that thought back!

It's 40 minutes to midnight, and it doesn't sound good. I had already had it with E*, but them not coming through on this is just so awful. DON'T SET A DATE IF YOU AREN'T 100% SURE YOU CAN DELIVER THE GOODS!
Even if the channels come in 5 minutes, then people would be upset with E* pushing to to the utmost limit. And technically "by april 1st" means that we should have had these cannels midnight last night on the 31st.

At least I know I'll be watching all these channels in HD tomorrow, just won't be with an E* dish!

As a huge company trying to keep customers, how about they set a date and actually deliver early?
E* just gives off the vibe that they really don't care. I swear they set dates just to get people excited and talking again, which ultimately gets some to keep E*, and some sign up for E* as they catch up a bit on national HD. Then on E*'s end, they just don't deliver.
They live off of empty, or belated, promises.

When the new HD does come, why do I have a feeling the days of seeing a bunch of new HD at once like last year are over?
Maybe CMT trickles in in a few days, VH1 maybe a week or two later. And the best ones will probably come last, maybe in a month or 2. Just have a feeling people aren't going to wake up with this nice wave of HD all at once.

receiving Spike, Comedy, CMT & Spike SD

On a positive note, I have Turbo HD Bronze only, and I'm now receiving Comedy Channel, Spike and CMT in SD. These aren't listed in the free previews, and they are blue in the guide.

On a positive note, I have Turbo HD Bronze only, and I'm now receiving Comedy Channel, Spike and CMT in SD. These aren't listed in the free previews, and they are blue in the guide.

didn't people start receiving those since last week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts