The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

Im on the phone with Dish Network right now trying to get an explanation and they are acting as if they they dont have a clue as to what I am mad about or the new channels. They are asking for the channel numbers, telling me they have to make sure I have those channels in my package. I keep repeating that I am referring to the 7 viacom HD channels that were supposed to launch on April 1st. The CSR keeps going in circles with me and I have now asked to speak with someone who can actually answer my questions. (I have been on hold for 15 minutes awaiting a supervisior and she keeps coming back on the line asking me to hold for a few more minutes. This B**** is making me ill.

Good luck getting an answer. CRSs won't know why they were not launched, you'll probably need to contact somebody higher up and even then they will not tell you.

All I can say is I told you so.

Yesterday's non-launch of new national HD channels went off exactly as I expected. E* promised something by a certain day and did not deliver.
As I repeat ad nauseam, when they show up in the program guide, it matters. Promises are just words. People need to get over it...

If you aren't gonna light up new HD by the date you say... keep your damn mouth shut. I'd rather think I'm gonna have the same crappy line up, than get my hopes up over some unfulfilled BS date that the MAN HIMSELF said. Anybody that says we're over reacting is a tool.

Im on the phone with Dish Network right now trying to get an explanation and they are acting as if they they dont have a clue as to what I am mad about or the new channels. They are asking for the channel numbers, telling me they have to make sure I have those channels in my package. I keep repeating that I am referring to the 7 viacom HD channels that were supposed to launch on April 1st. The CSR keeps going in circles with me and I have now asked to speak with someone who can actually answer my questions. (I have been on hold for 15 minutes awaiting a supervisior and she keeps coming back on the line asking me to hold for a few more minutes. This B**** is making me ill.
If you really were a Dish Guru, you would know better.:rolleyes:

If you really were a Dish Guru, you would know better.:rolleyes:

I agree...if you don't already know...we know things on this site before the dish csr's know what is going on. No point as to calling them they can't help out.

Now that Dish gave us a great April Fools...I want to talk about my 922???? I am ready to get my 922 from REY..........haha......I can send you my address....will you be sending them out "SOON"..????

I have to agree with sundaddy on this. Once Viacom comes alive, I'm switching my programming package and that is going to save me money. I have to wonder if they know that because when February rolled around, I called about switching to an all HD package and the CSR tried to talk me out of it. When someone, especially the CEO of a company says something, is it too much to ask that they actually can keep their word?

I love the avatar, digi. Maybe we should all change to that and if DishNetwork employees are monitoring this site maybe they'll get a message.

Here is how it was supposed to go...

Well I have no explanation of what happened to the new HD channels. But I do know that the channels were indeed supposed to go online yesterday.

From a number of sources I have received documents from Dish detailing the launch. While all the documents were different the info was all the same.

So here is how it was supposed to go:

TMP38 was to become CMT HD - the channel number was 4808 and would be changed to 9493 and would also have a virtual channel of 5318

TMP39 was to become MTV HD - the channel number was 4809 and would become 9484 and have a virtual channel number of 5321

TMP42 was to become Comedy Central HD - the channel number was 4812 and would become 9485 and would have a virtual channel number of 5317

TMP43 was to become NICK HD - the channel number was 4813 and would become 9417 and would have a virtual channel number of 5340

TMP44 was to become SPIKE HD - the channel number was 4814 and would become 9506 and would have a virtual channel number of 5303

TMP48 was to become VH1 HD - the channel number was 4818 and would become 9507 and would have a virtual channel number of 5319

TMP47 was to become BET HD - the channel number was 4817 and would become 9510 and did not have a virtual channel number assigned.

The channels would be coming from 61.5 and the 129 satellites.

So now the question is why didn't they launch? For that I don't have an answer. :(

As always, thanks for the info Scott. Seeing Willy Wonka in your avatar, though, made me think about one of his little rhymes that best seems to describe Charlie & Company right now:

There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going

Here is mine. I don't know if I would go as far as using it as an avatar though. :) Edit: OK, I lied. :)

Attachments

• DNBS.jpg
    DNBS.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Assuming that your inference is correct, Scott (because as you will admit your sources have misled you before), it could be technical issues but it could just as likely be contract issues; you know, Charlie holding the channels hostage because he thinks he can get a better deal.

As pointed out above, there's simply no way of knowing. All we do know is that they are not on now. They may come today, tomorrow, next week or they may never come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts