The Dish Network User Interface Thread

Anyone remember the 5000 with the HDTV Adaptor that put out HD in the clear over coax?

I remember they where selling for $300-$500 on eBay at one point.

I remember doing a few “advanced exchanges” with the RMA department and putting them up on eBay.

The charge was only $50 from Dish for failure to return the defective part.

Then remember the 8psk Adaptor for the model 6000?

I sold a few thousand of them on eBay over the years before the 811 and 921 was released.

Sold so many Dish called me and accused me of selling them for Piracy as there was a hack to use them with a FTA board or receiver.

I told signal integrity to go look at my order history, and they could see I was buying them well before the hack was around.

Bought them from Dish for $39 and sold them for $59 for years. Every day I would sell 1-2 of them.

Made for some nice pocket change back in the day.

Anyone remember the 5000 with the HDTV Adaptor that put out HD in the clear over coax?

I remember they where selling for $300-$500 on eBay at one point.

I remember doing a few “advanced exchanges” with the RMA department and putting them up on eBay.

The charge was only $50 from Dish for failure to return the defective part.

Then remember the 8psk Adaptor for the model 6000?

I sold a few thousand of them on eBay over the years before the 811 and 921 was released.

Sold so many Dish called me and accused me of selling them for Piracy as there was a hack to use them with a FTA board or receiver.

I told signal integrity to go look at my order history, and they could see I was buying them well before the hack was around.

Bought them from Dish for $39 and sold them for $59 for years. Every day I would sell 1-2 of them.

Made for some nice pocket change back in the day.
I like how the Joey converts the HD signal to an old TV. The image is still full screen and clear. But, I believe I have it hooked up via composite cable. It's my bedroom tv.

Happy New Year folks, hope you had a good one! I will show you the old dish home Interactive portal, the interactive TV part of OpenTV's Dish Interactive platform!
dish home INTERACTIVE 100.png

The dish home Interactive TV screen, in the early 2000s, I loved the design of the channel 100 portal! And now, can anybody share their experiences/memories with the dish home Interactive TV portal? I know this will evoke nostalgia within the Dish community!

And now, can anybody share their experiences/memories with the dish home Interactive TV portal? I know this will evoke nostalgia within the Dish community!

Yeah, my experience was that it was so damn slow, I hated whenever I hit the prominent Dish Home button by mistake!

The dish home Interactive TV screen, in the early 2000s, I loved the design of the channel 100 portal! And now, can anybody share their experiences/memories with the dish home Interactive TV portal? I know this will evoke nostalgia within the Dish community!
My first experience with the dish home interactive TV portal was on a deactivated 3900 that I got from my sister. It surprised me that Dish rolled it out on an older model, long before they got around to launching it on my purchased 301's. I loved playing Carrot Mania in the Games. :)

Reactions: EchostarFan