The Dish Network User Interface Thread

Well, one would also think that the 311 came way before the 1000. :biggrin

That's where they are wrong: The DishPro 311 came out in 2003, 2 years after their very first DishPro ancestor, the DishPro 301 was released in 2001. What the DishPro receivers 301 and 311 actually have in common was the OpenTV Dish Interactive UI that they have, previously rolled out to 3900 and 4900 receivers. How the UI looked in the early 2000s (2003) on both the DP301 and 311:
Dish 311 main menu.png
The UI had the old 1996 Dish Network logo since the UI rollout in 1999. It might change sometime in 2004.

I can't go as far back was some of you on this thread but I do remember my first combo the 612 and 722k installed by Claude's company I may say :)

My UI experience was getting to the on-demand prompts, seemed like many steps back then, for the little bit that was available then.
Was it in 2008? That was my first combo, too.

Reactions: satjay
My Dtv Pal Dvr crapped out long ago. I liked that it gave me guide information by PSIP data . I would of loved to be able to get another one .

Same here, PSIP wise, which is why I went with the CM DVR+. My DVR Pal was beginning to act a little flakey. But I’ve kept it, to watch what’s on it now.

Not sure there’s much life left in those eBay units. They do seem to be reaching their EOL.

Reactions: MikeD-C05