Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The war is over, Toshiba has waived its white flag. Like it or not Sony finally wins a format war and Blu-ray is the king of home HD formats.

While the war is over there are still pockets of HD DVD militants out there refusing to take the loss standing up.

SatelliteGuys was one of the only places on the internet where fans of both formats could duke it out. I was proud of our War Zone, and you guys for the most part acted like grown ups.

With Toshiba waving the white flag we here at SatelliteGuys are going to follow Toshibas motions. Toshiba announced that they would end HD DVD production by the end of March, and again following their lead we here at SatelliteGuys will be closing down the War Zone as of March 31st.

Until that time the War Zone will remain open, but please remember be respectful of other members, flaming of other members will not be tollerated. It is real easy for me to click two buttons and remove War Zone access for members who are flaiming other members. There is no need for that as everyone is entitled to their opinion on the war.

The Blu-ray forum will stick around as will the HD DVD forum which will refocus to support those folks get the most out of their HD DVD players for years to come.

Thanks again for the last year of great Blu-ray / HD DVD War Zone discussions. We were proud to give members a place to duke it out.

Thank you for your support!

Why does the sun go on shining
Why does the sea rush to shore
Don't they know it's the end of the world
'Cause you don't love me any more

Why do the birds go on singing
Why do the stars glow above
It ended when I lost your love

I wake up in the morning and I wonder
Why everything's the same as it was
I can't understand, no, I can't understand
How life goes on the way it does

Why does my heart go on beating
Why do these eyes of mine cry
It ended when you said goodbye

Last edited:
Gee whiz Scot are you implying that some people cannot accept defeat (or for that matter victory) graciously? Out odfcuriosity will the HD DVD forum continue?

Last edited:
With the war zone closing, I look forward to spending some time actually using my PS3 (watching BDs, playing games, etc.) rather than just talking about it. ;)

Gee whiz Scot are you implying that some people cannot accept defeat (or for that matter victory) graciously? Out odfcuriosity will the HD DVD forum continue?

Yes, the HD DVD forum will continue. But neither BD or HD DVD forums will allow war-zone style inflammatory posts.

With the war zone closing, I look forward to spending some time actually using my PS3 (watching BDs, playing games, etc.) rather than just talking about it. ;)

LoL, this is a work hobby for me. Part of my job is to scan and read technology based forums for information. I play whenever I can when I am at home. :D

By the way, where do you put forums that are closed? In case there is something we want to look up in the future?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)