The End of VOOM?

My last Post on this "" Newbie's " to Voom: you can't get 61.5 with dish 300 or 500 or super dish. and still receive all of Dish's progaming. so stay the line and quit reading all of the gloom and doom. >
Jerry

If I'm in error Pleae Post such?
thank you. but explain why? and how all of the newbies can adjust if they switch to Dish

kelljc said:
Thank you Bfg: for the come back: How do you Recievie 61.5 >.. What Dish are you using> Dish500 , or Super Dish?.
ARE YOU EVEN READING THE POSTS HERE. GOOD GOD MAN, THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED 50 TIMES ALREADY.

kelljc said:
thank you. but explain why? and how all of the newbies can adjust if they switch to Dish
SO HAS THIS ONE, PLEASE DO SOME READING FURTHER UP. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR FRICKING DISH, JUST PLUG IT IN AND RUN A CHECK DISH IN THE SETUP MENU. YES I AM YELLING. :mad:

kelljc said:
My last Post on this "" Newbie's " to Voom: you can't get 61.5 with dish 300 or 500 or super dish. and still receive all of Dish's progaming. so stay the line and quit reading all of the gloom and doom. >
Jerry

Yes, you need a dish pointed at 61.5 just like you do with Voom, I have two-Dish 500 and the other pointed at 61.5.
AR15firing.gif

kelljc said:
My question :: Why Did Echo buy back from Voom the Transponder's they org. leased to Voom For 200 mil. when 99% of all Dish Sub's Can't Recieve this Bird:. simple question complex answer, Have posted that same question 5 time's. with not good reply

Heya, go here and read this new thread -- every technical question is answered there about Echostar vs. Voom at 61.5.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=43710

kelljc, the reason is that since voom had something at 61.5 and dish had something at 61.5, but directv had something at 119, now echo can say they have something at 123 (61.5+61.5), making echo's 4 bigger than directv's 119.

I might be stupid: but win was the Satellite lauched and buy Whom?. ( orbit 61.5 )

kelljc said:
Tha'ts not true there is only ( 1 ) sat.

Wrong.

2 satellites. Echostar 3 was launced on 10/5/97. Rainbow 1 was launched on 7/17/2003.

Go to lyngsat.com if you want further information.

I don't believe the MPEG4 standard even existed in '97. Therefore it's unlikely that the Echostar 3 bird has that encoder capability. That's the whole appeal for Dish is they are buying much newer hardware.

WWW. lyngstat.com States: ( 2 ) Echo and Rainbow 1: but both are on the Same Bird: is this correct or not?

kelljc said:
WWW. lyngstat.com States: ( 2 ) Echo and Rainbow 1: but both are on the Same Bird: is this correct or not?

same location 2 different birds

lostcause said:
kelljc, how can the same bird be launched on 10/5/97 and also on 7/17/2003?

maybe they think it came out of orbit for awhile and then was relaunched :D
who knows what this person is thinking

IMHO the service will continue for at least another month but no more than three. My guess is that all subs will soon receive a nice letter from VOOM indicating that they will be shutting down effective a given date. They will then say that in order to make the transition easier they have arranged a special deal with E* whereby existing VOOM customers who sign up with DISH can get free install with free DISH HD pack for 12 months.

I am as dissapointed as anyone else but the reality, as Dr. McCoy would put it, is quite simple ... "she's dead Jim".

Hey Guys, if Voom goes bellyup and decides not to collect the equipment, do you think they could possibly send a program update to NOT require a sat update periodically, effectively giving us all an OTA tuner?

I could care less about the PSIP data, I can get guide info anywhere. The only thing that would be a PITA is recording and timers, it would not be possible to switch channels in the middle of the night.

kelljc said:
I might be stupid: but win was the Satellite lauched and buy Whom?. ( orbit 61.5 )

BlueFlagEnforcer.gif

kelljc said:

Let me try to explain this very simply.
Here is a current list of E*'s satillites in orbit and their locations as is listed in a program I have (SatFinder v4.3):
EchoStar 3 61.5W
EchoStar 6 110.0W
EchoStar 8 110.0W
EchoStar 7 119.0W
EchoStar 5 119.0W
EchoStar 9/Telstar 13 121.0W
EchoStar 1 148.0W
EchoStar 2 148.0W
EchoStar 4 157.0W
To receive E*'s programing from the 61.5 sat in addition to those available through a properly aligned Dish300 or Dish500 dish, you would need a second dish aimed at the 61.5 sat. Since you already have your Voom dish aimed at the same spot, simply intergrating it into a Dish300 or Dish500 system (dish & reveivers) with a 2-1 combiner will allow you to also receive the programing from E*'s 61.5 sat. This setup will not allow to continue to receive Voom programing. If and when E* does take over the Rainbow1 sat and start sending out programing over it they will send out software updates so their receivers will be able to decode & view programing (either it be HD, locals, or foreign programing) from this sat.