The End of VOOM?

Well Bfg: can't answser that question. if all you dish owner's would take a look: 61.6 is mostly for out of country service. isn't that true BFG.????????

No, 61.5 is just another orbital that can be seen from most places, with better reception east of the missipppi.

The are only carrying locals and internationals on 61.5 because it requires a second dish so less people need the second dish that want the content on 61.5

kelljc said:
Bfg: What Dish Can pretty much of all Sub's can Receive 61.5:??? I'd LIke to know that answer.

Mine, it's still up ( just de-wired ) from when E* had all the HD on it, the only people that had problems seeing the bird was folks on the west coast, just like it was for Voom.

kelljc said:
Well Bfg: can't answser that question. if all you dish owner's would take a look: 61.6 is mostly for out of country service. isn't that true BFG.????????

They can put whatever that want on that bird, most can pick it up if they want what is shown on it.

If you are a Voomer, you can see 61.5, so what's the BFD about Dish having programming there? I used 61.5 with Dish for my HD programming for about 2 1/2 years before it got moved over to 110. You don't even have to repoint the dish, just unplug the cable from the Voom stb and plug it into your Dish receiver and run a check switch and BADABOOM! You have Dish at 61.5. If you are using the other Dish locations, just insert a 2:1 switch inline and you're in business.

BTW, I am in the Portland, OR area and rarely lose the signal with a 24" dish, I bought it for my Dish HD and used it for Voom.

Newbie"ls Don't listen to the gloom and Doom: Sean:Bfg and other's can't anwser 1 simple question: Why Did Dish Buy form Voom for 200 mil Transponders they leased to Voom??. and what about Amc6 that Voom Leased 13 tp from> voom is not done. I hope

Well this Stinks

But I can't say it was entirely unexpected. When I cancled my E* sub they told me that Voom may be going out of Business. I told her that "Yes I know, and you all may be the buyers. IF that happens I will be resubscribing." She said she'll put a note into my account to waive any reconnection charges if I do come back

So I guess I'll wait till my boxes go dark, Plug in my old E* Boxes (I still have the dishes ) Call Dish and I'm Back in Business

Or I'll say Screw all subscription services, Keep my OTA Antenna Hack the Voom Box box so the ATSC Tuner still works. (Just you wait the hacks will be coming you know that there are folks that can't let good gear go to waste) and Use Bitorrent for all the shows that I'm Missing....

I will miss you MOOV (Err Lab) and Tank.

Until then still I'm still enjoying the best HD available....

Its been great Y'all!

BFG said:
Heh :( poor fellas. I feel bad for them. They think they can save the service :( Sorry but the service was dead when it started.... :(
Uncalled for IMO, especially by a staff member.

Sean Mota said:
Without saying much... There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. This is why there has not been any public release from VOOM. What it is? do not ask because they are not saying. It will be great if they will keep us informed but as of now we are all in limbo. We can only hope that we get something soon in writing.

Sean, you buried Voom yesterday to the point of telling people to start looking for other services and today you're digging up the corpse?

You've got me confused.

kelljc said:
Newbie"ls Don't listen to the gloom and Doom: Sean:Bfg and other's can't anwser 1 simple question: Why Did Dish Buy form Voom for 200 mil Transponders they leased to Voom??. and what about Amc6 that Voom Leased 13 tp from> voom is not done. I hope

voom did not lease anything they put up their own satellite, with their own transponders at the same location where dish already had a satelite

Thank you Bfg: for the come back: How do you Recievie 61.5 >.. What Dish are you using> Dish500 , or Super Dish?.

kelljc said:

The next couple of weeks (before 2/1) should give us all better information including (hopefully) a statement from VOOM. There is a question mark in the thread for a reason. :)

kelljc said:
Thank you Bfg: for the come back: How do you Recievie 61.5 >.. What Dish are you using> Dish500 , or Super Dish?.

With a dish 300.

Sean: I have a question: why to u let people like Bfg: say that get 61.5 and 99% of all dish sub's can't. without question's.

graphiteRT said:
Sean, you buried Voom yesterday to the point of telling people to start looking for other services and today you're digging up the corpse?

You've got me confused.

Not digging up corpses. Yesterday was my rant reaction... Today is another day. I am not going back to what I think. They are dead unless they can show us all something (I am looking for alternatives myself). What I am saying is why the silence? We need to something in writing from VOOM. We need to know why they are not saying anything either way.

vurbano said:
Uncalled for IMO, especially by a staff member.

Aww I'm sorry vurbano. I was trying to be sympathetic with the frowns :(

But it's just reality dude. I'm not saying they were pathetic and a waste. I'm just saying with all the business models, they wouldn't last :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)