The Hopper installer has arrived let the fun begin!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
One of my Hoppers will be in the same cabinet as the router. I also have the WiFi adapter from my 722 if it's necessary for the 2nd Hopper.

Hope that installer gets a nice tip without his supervisors knowing about it.......

stardust3 said:
Hope that installer gets a nice tip without his supervisors knowing about it.......

Actually, the screan cleaner I mentioned earlier would hrep him out more than a tip we installers are not supposed to get.

UPDATE & FYI: Manager is back. Says that they have been experiencing an issue. Seems that once up and running the hopper will not show more than an hour of guide until the 3AM update. Says it will be 7 days worth after that. Indicates that this will not affect PTAT recording.

It's not burial cable! It's cable for underground use.

The problem I have with it is not the color, but rather the number of conductors. Can you talk them into running all 3 cables from the dish? As it is, they will have to locate the dual node at the pole, and the 3GHz bandwidth will be required all the way from the node to the Hoppers. Plus you'll never be able to play games with VIP receivers if/when Dish allows them on one account.

They ran 3 cables from the Dish to the DUO-Node.

IMG_0713.JPG

I can understand that. Lucky for me this is the wiring area on the back (hidden) part of the house. There's a crap load of panels and pipes next to this.

My HOA would have a fit over the orange wires.

not trying to be rude but...

forget the HOA, i would have a fit over the orange wires and all the other wires and node.

My install was WAY cleaner than that.

I have my dish low and off the side of the deck and tucked (it's bolted in the deck with no pole). The wires go from the dish (zip tied) and right through the foundation (small hole drilled and filled around the wires) and then inside the basement. the is only maybe three feet of wire from the dish to inside the foundation. i;ll see if I can scare up a pic.

all other connections are inside.

wow, that's a lot of crap on the outside of the house!! especially the orange bright wires.

no way I could have that

I'm guessing they use that so people don't eat it up with the weedeater. But 6 inch piece of PVC at the ground level would fix that, but I bet that's not a standard install.

I wouldn't let them use bright orange cable either, the old lady wouldn't stand for that either. She freaked over that ugly green ground wire. It stayed green for a week before it was painted. ;)

I personally think it's a good looking job. The orange from what I've heard is so that dish's qc guys can easily identify the proper wire was used. Whether you call it, burial, underground or whatever the bottom line is the orange cable is flooded & designed for direct burial, it is a dish approved wire for their installers & must be used.

I remember my first introduction to the orange Channel Master Dual Burial Cable with messenger. The installer who did my Dish set up(pre Hopper days) set up my dish on a pole & hooked up his satellite meter/finder with orange cable,which I thought came with the meter. Then when he got signals on all three satellites,he pulled out the box holding the orange cable roll & started hooking everything up. My only reaction was,"orange cable,who would have thunk it?" C.A.O.T.T.I.. Cable, Orange Burial RG6 - 500ft. (Box)

I personally think it's a good looking job. The orange from what I've heard is so that dish's qc guys can easily identify the proper wire was used. Whether you call it, burial, underground or whatever the bottom line is the orange cable is flooded & designed for direct burial, it is a dish approved wire for their installers & must be used.

The orange is also visible to avoid as a trip hazard or lawn mower target. Most of it should end up buried, spend $3 and 10 minutes to paint the exposed parts if it's too noticable - not a big deal.

My basement is full of water. That's a local joke as we can't have them. 8) I wish we could though! Be awesome to store stuff as well as hide cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)