211 EHD standalone (3 questions)

ljdonato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Hi all
Have not found an answer to this.

I have a 211 with EHD and lots of recorded shows.

Since H/J won't allow mixed setups with VIPs, if I upgrade, I will have to deactivate the 211.

Questions:
1- Will the 211 continue to work with the EHD (in order to watch and erase all those recorded shows, not to record anything new)?
2- Will the 211 continue to work as an OTA receiver? With guide or without it? (assuming I keep it attached to an extra sat dish pointed to any DISH orbital location)?
3- Will any of the above (if possible) could be done without feeding the 211 a line from the dish?

Thanks!

(PS: I know this is not as exciting today as everything that's happening in the H/J forum, but it is related, no? :D:eek:)

Hi all
Have not found an answer to this.

I have a 211 with EHD and lots of recorded shows.

Since H/J won't allow mixed setups with VIPs, if I upgrade, I will have to deactivate the 211.

Questions:
1- Will the 211 continue to work with the EHD (in order to watch and erase all those recorded shows, not to record anything new)?
2- Will the 211 continue to work as an OTA receiver? With guide or without it? (assuming I keep it attached to an extra sat dish pointed to any DISH orbital location)?
3- Will any of the above (if possible) could be done without feeding the 211 a line from the dish?

Thanks!

(PS: I know this is not as exciting today as everything that's happening in the H/J forum, but it is related, no? :D:eek:)

#2 Won't work period even if you connect to a dish.
#3 NO
For #1 you need to own the 211 which you don't say and seeing it is an external HD I would guess it will deactivate when the receiver does. A DIRT rep should be able to give the most accurate answer PM one.

dfergie and boba:
Thanks a lot! You have answered my questions. No need to bother DIRT (they have their hands pretty full today ;)). Seems like a catch 22 for me. If I don't upgrade, I will continue adding recorded shows to the 211, in fact delaying my upgrading. Maybe I will consider adding an account (YIKES!!!) with the cheaper package I can get (got an extra dish now that 61.5 is pretty useless to me), til I erase my EHD..... Decisions, decisions...
Would like to say thanks again.
Satellite Guys is the best resource!

actually if you deactivate the 211 (and own it) it should still work as an OTA tuner. You wont have guide info but you can at least watch the stuff recorded. When I deactivated my 211 (and cancelled the account actually) I still could access the Hard drive and view OTA programming and the few dish freebie channels (like 101, nasa, the knockoff shopping channels and ironically the freeveiws)

you do need a sat connection for it to work though ;)

actually if you deactivate the 211 (and own it) it should still work as an OTA tuner. You wont have guide info but you can at least watch the stuff recorded. When I deactivated my 211 (and cancelled the account actually) I still could access the Hard drive and view OTA programming and the few dish freebie channels (like 101, nasa, the knockoff shopping channels and ironically the freeveiws)

you do need a sat connection for it to work though ;)
Iceberg is this still true do you still have the 211 to verify that channels still come in? I don't have a 211 but all the none subscribed receivers I have with PURPLE cards won't show any programming after the card is deauthorized. No 101 no NASA not even any promo channels like 500, receivers display a message like "your receiver cannot acces this channel" is this more recent than your DISH experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts