The Hopper installer has arrived let the fun begin!

Trouble is HOA can make life miserable for "violators" in so many other ways. I could never survive in an HOA environment.

Me either. You have no idea how much I detest those parasites. However, I've always liked filing FCC complaints, watching them squirm, and get fined for trying to prevent satellite installations. :D

Back on topic, I'm really glad OP's install turned out so well.

Trouble is HOA can make life miserable for "violators" in so many other ways. I could never survive in an HOA environment.

Me either. You have no idea how much I detest those parasites. However, I've always liked filing FCC complaints, watching them squirm, and get fined for trying to prevent satellite installations. :D

Back on topic, I'm really glad OP's install turned out so well.

Same here I hope I never have to live like that. I love living out in a rural area. Every time I have installed where there was a HOA, they drive me nuts. Especially the ones that walk up and say you can't do that. Then it's like here we go again..:rolleyes:

ammer said:
UPDATE: DAY 2 of the install! Well the hoppers are up and working (just don't use the weather channel app) but the Joeys are running all over the place and refuse to link with there moms.... So Dish is coming back today to get it sorted out.

The Joeys will come up but on the download phase it will sit there forever and says "Discovering......".

Other than that, straight off there were a few issues. Before you can record anything, the hopper requires some guide data it says it needs. You have you wait about 20 minutes after the system is up and watching TV before it magically goes away.

ISSUE 2: I'm not sure about the rest of the apps but do not mess with the weather channel bomb... err i mean app. After using it, i dare not try the other apps yet.

More later as we... I mean they... figure it out.

Knowing Dish they probably scheduled it as a "TC" so the poor bastard that was there yesterday and endured all the people looking over his shoulder gets dinged for a TC that is out of his control. Some things at Dish never change!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hmm the Weather Channel app is workin fine for me here. But that could be because I have been using it and it was setup with earlier beta builds.

I do know they were messing with the apps at the last moment as two days before the release you go a "404: FILE NOT FOUND" error message when you selected any of the apps.

sclaws said:
This is helpful info...my install is progressing right now with 2 Hoppers/2 Joeys. I'm trying to "stay tuned" to your thread and others looking for possible glitches. Maybe we should start a single thread detailing glitches as they're encountered.

That's the same install I did. Worked well.

Tech showed at my place about 5pm CST for same day install of Hopper w/ 2 Joeys. Initially could not find line of sight for satellites due to thick forestation behind property but after an hour found a place to mount dish. System up and running now and everything looks great. Online says Hopper not connected to broadband but Hopper menu shows green bars for internet access. On Demand does not seem to be working right as nothing happens when I choose it from the menu. Any thoughts?

Dang what a mission. Thank god for the tech's u seem like an understanding person. Most customers want it all done at once and 100% working

It works like this, At least one of the hoppers had to be online before Grey's anatomy started or the wife would have hit the roof. Mission accomplish with 2 minutes to spare.

Jimmerinwi said:
Knowing Dish they probably scheduled it as a "TC" so the poor bastard that was there yesterday and endured all the people looking over his shoulder gets dinged for a TC that is out of his control. Some things at Dish never change!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yep. Horrible huh. Low units per hour for the day and a nice next day tc.
I am guessing the problems are all software related. Probly not the tap or any of the components.

Hopefully they will have some good updates to fix all the little bugs soon

install went well. had a bad node so he changed it out and all appears to be work well so far. I can confirm that the 20.0 Ir remote works fine, so I won't have to reprogram all my codes ect I have in there.

On the HOA thing, that's one of the reasons I'm on my HOA's board. To avoid them being assinine.
I would love to be on our HOA board, but for now it is is still controlled by the developer. He gets five votes for each of the empty lots while we only get our one vote each. At the rate they are building, it will be another five or six years before we really get a say.

The orange cable may be 'code' but they can still require you to paint over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)