The Hopper installer has arrived let the fun begin!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not a hijack--just chucking in my install progress. 1st Hopper is not behaving yet, saying the smart card with the Hopper is invalid. The installer has rebooted a few times and double-checked it with Dish and the numbers all match, plus a check switch all comes back in the green--not sure what's up with that. He just unplugged the Hopper and went to try setup for my 2nd Hopper, hoping for better luck.

one thing I can't figure out so far is why I can't do anything over my home network. the hopper says it doesn't see any devices and the hopper is not listed on my network.

so far so good though, hopper and joey working good. My installer said you really have to get the hopper all set up then install the joey, otherwise your toast.

How do you add more apps?

sound and PQ are top notch, and hopper is very fast

Not a hijack--just chucking in my install progress. 1st Hopper is not behaving yet, saying the smart card with the Hopper is invalid. The installer has rebooted a few times and double-checked it with Dish and the numbers all match, plus a check switch all comes back in the green--not sure what's up with that. He just unplugged the Hopper and went to try setup for my 2nd Hopper, hoping for better luck.

Try a factory reset and let reboot by itself, about 20 minutes. I had same problem yesterday

Update: Tech thinks he's worked this out. Both Hoppers needed to be set to factory defaults due to the fact that he's using a dual node. Seems to be initializing correctly now, but havnet seen programming yet.

Here is the fix I got from DISH on this...

Hi Scott – one of the primary points of emphasis we tried to make during the install process is that if a Joey is connected to the MoCA network before the Hopper is activated, it could put the Joey in a state that seems unrecoverable. In most cases, the Joey will show “1303” searching for a Hopper. If a Joey is in that condition, we suggest the following work around to recover it:

(Assumes the Joey is connected to the MoCA network via coax and the Hopper has finished all downloads and activation.)

1. Disconnect the co/ax (moCA) connection from the Joey
  2. Place the Joey in standby using the front panel
  3. Reconnect the co/ax (moCA) connection to the Joey
  4. Reset the Joey (AC reset is suggested)
  5. The Joey should then boot back up to 061 and do the software download

The HOA stuff doesn't really seem like it would be the installers job. It's not Dish's HOA. If they require something other than the code it would be the homeowners responsibility right? (Not sure on that... I don't have a HOA so am not really familiar with it.)

I do agree that ground looks iffy tho....

The HOA stuff doesn't really seem like it would be the installers job. It's not Dish's HOA. If they require something other than the code it would be the homeowners responsibility right? (Not sure on that... I don't have a HOA so am not really familiar with it.)

I do agree that ground looks iffy tho....

The installer needs to honor the HOA requests IF POSSIBLE, and the Homeowner needs to know what the requirements are. That said, the OTARD rules from the FCC give some lattitude as well.

LER said:
The installer needs to honor the HOA requests IF POSSIBLE, and the Homeowner needs to know what the requirements are. That said, the OTARD rules from the FCC give some lattitude as well.

If an HOA tries to bully me into violating NEC regulations because they don't like the way it looks, I simply smile, get their name and report them to the local code enforcement authorities. They usually start singing a different tune a few days later. I have a very low tolerance for bullies.

If an HOA tries to bully me into violating NEC regulations because they don't like the way it looks, I simply smile, get their name and report them to the local code enforcement authorities. They usually start singing a different tune a few days later. I have a very low tolerance for bullies.

Absolutely. Code trumps HOA.

I really hate to see all those screws into your brick. That is one reason why I will do my own upgrade and not make any new holes or attachments to our stucco.

I thought you had to buy the Hopper/Joey in order to be able to do that - not allowed for leased receivers? I bought my first one (5000) back in the 1990s when Dish encouraged self-install, but the current ones just die too often. Course the Dish installers see my setup and they just act like they did something, and I change what I need to change when they leave...

I thought you had to buy the Hopper/Joey in order to be able to do that - not allowed for leased receivers? I bought my first one (5000) back in the 1990s when Dish encouraged self-install, but the current ones just die too often. Course the Dish installers see my setup and they just act like they did something, and I change what I need to change when they leave...

You would have to purchase if you want to install yourself but a customer could do all the wiring the way they wanted to ahead of time. It's the wiring that most are concerned about anyway.

I just heard one of the managers talking about a new beta device that the some GM's are currently testing. It's an OTA Add-on device. I'm assuming this is a standalone device that provides OTA services to the hopper system. Not sure if this was known information.

They are (or will be) testing various USB OTA devices to find the one(s) that work best with the Hopper.

But Dish's priority is to get two Hoppers integrated so they work essentially as one 6 tuner receiver.

I own dishes, LNBFs, DPP33 switch, ground block, cables, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)