The iPhone 5 Rumor Thread (2012 edition)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Geronimo said:
Somehow I doubt that they will skip the designation 5 altogether. After all there wasa 3GS but it was followed by 4.

But the 4 was the 4th iPhone. They skipped 2 and went with 3G instead. 3GS was the third and hence 4 being the fourth. So the next one after the 4S will be the sixth iPhone.

After all the complaints that they released a 4S and not a 5, I can totally see them going right to 6.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just a small quibble: Can we call it the iPhone 6? It will be the sixth incarnation after all. There's no reason to think that apple with call the next one the 5 other than everyone previously thinking the 4S would be called the 5 because it would be the fifth model.

I personally don't care what it is called as long as it is a solid product. The name means nothing.

JAG72 said:
I am still not sold on the need for 4G. My iPhone gets between 5 - 7 mb download speeds and I have found nothing that I can not accomplish due to the speeds.

Where is this? I get between 1-2 almost everywhere I have checked. If I was getting 5-7 I would agree 100%.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Where is this? I get between 1-2 almost everywhere I have checked. If I was getting 5-7 I would agree 100%.

Not quite 5 tonight but pretty darn close.

187343510.png

Here is the best that I have seen.

157420060.png

Edit: I will add that these are done with the 4S. My wife's iPhone 4 dont see the same results. She is more in the 2 - 3 range.

Last edited:
JAG72 said:
Not quite 5 tonight but pretty darn close.

Here is the best that I have seen.

Edit: I will add that these are done with the 4S. My wife's iPhone 4 dont see the same results. She is more in the 2 - 3 range.

Nice.

Interesting. I didn't realize there was such a difference between the 4 and 4s. If that is true in my area I may not wait for the 5!

Don't forget that the iPhone 4S on AT&T has the HSPA+ chipset which gives better 3G speeds than the original implementation of 3G. My speed difference can only be said about AT&T. I do not think that Verizon gives any difference in speeds from the 4 and 4S.

HSPA+ was what AT&T was originally marketing as 4G. So I guess I like 4G but don't need the LTE version of it. :D

JAG72 said:
Don't forget that the iPhone 4S on AT&T has the HSPA+ chipset which gives better 3G speeds than the original implementation of 3G. My speed difference can only be said about AT&T. I do not think that Verizon gives any difference in speeds from the 4 and 4S.

HSPA+ was what AT&T was originally marketing as 4G. So I guess I like 4G but don't need the LTE version of it. :D

Haha. Fair enough :)

I didn't read all the links above, so this may be a dupe, but...
It's basically just a scale-up of the current design for a bigger screen.

Looks nice, though. I guess so long as it fits a pocket, it'd be popular.
Awesome iPhone 5 (iPhone SJ) Design Concept
The iPhone 5 concept would also include a new 10-megapixel camera and an A6 dual core processor.
However, the concept design is based on the current iPhone 4 and 4S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts