The iPhone 5 Rumor Thread (2012 edition)

Geronimo said:
Somehow I doubt that they will skip the designation 5 altogether. After all there wasa 3GS but it was followed by 4.

But the 4 was the 4th iPhone. They skipped 2 and went with 3G instead. 3GS was the third and hence 4 being the fourth. So the next one after the 4S will be the sixth iPhone.

After all the complaints that they released a 4S and not a 5, I can totally see them going right to 6.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just a small quibble: Can we call it the iPhone 6? It will be the sixth incarnation after all. There's no reason to think that apple with call the next one the 5 other than everyone previously thinking the 4S would be called the 5 because it would be the fifth model.

I personally don't care what it is called as long as it is a solid product. The name means nothing.

JAG72 said:
I am still not sold on the need for 4G. My iPhone gets between 5 - 7 mb download speeds and I have found nothing that I can not accomplish due to the speeds.

Where is this? I get between 1-2 almost everywhere I have checked. If I was getting 5-7 I would agree 100%.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Where is this? I get between 1-2 almost everywhere I have checked. If I was getting 5-7 I would agree 100%.

Not quite 5 tonight but pretty darn close.

187343510.png

Here is the best that I have seen.

157420060.png

Edit: I will add that these are done with the 4S. My wife's iPhone 4 dont see the same results. She is more in the 2 - 3 range.

Last edited:
JAG72 said:
Not quite 5 tonight but pretty darn close.

Here is the best that I have seen.

Edit: I will add that these are done with the 4S. My wife's iPhone 4 dont see the same results. She is more in the 2 - 3 range.

Nice.

Interesting. I didn't realize there was such a difference between the 4 and 4s. If that is true in my area I may not wait for the 5!

Don't forget that the iPhone 4S on AT&T has the HSPA+ chipset which gives better 3G speeds than the original implementation of 3G. My speed difference can only be said about AT&T. I do not think that Verizon gives any difference in speeds from the 4 and 4S.

HSPA+ was what AT&T was originally marketing as 4G. So I guess I like 4G but don't need the LTE version of it. :D

JAG72 said:
Don't forget that the iPhone 4S on AT&T has the HSPA+ chipset which gives better 3G speeds than the original implementation of 3G. My speed difference can only be said about AT&T. I do not think that Verizon gives any difference in speeds from the 4 and 4S.

HSPA+ was what AT&T was originally marketing as 4G. So I guess I like 4G but don't need the LTE version of it. :D

Haha. Fair enough :)

I didn't read all the links above, so this may be a dupe, but...
It's basically just a scale-up of the current design for a bigger screen.

Looks nice, though. I guess so long as it fits a pocket, it'd be popular.
Awesome iPhone 5 (iPhone SJ) Design Concept
The iPhone 5 concept would also include a new 10-megapixel camera and an A6 dual core processor.
However, the concept design is based on the current iPhone 4 and 4S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)