The Last of Us

Appreciate your opinion and review. Honest and helpful.

Same here. Since I don't go for MP, I'm really beginning to question if I should buy this--at least not before it drops to <$25 or is offered free for Plus members a year or more from now. Seems like I may want to play it only once (twice at most) for the unique experience and that's it.

Just to clarify, Last of Us is definitely something to be experienced in some form or another, whether you play it or just watch it displayed on YouTube.

I will say this though: The ending is a major catalyst for me. I was VERY unhappy with it. I obviously don't mean to spoil it, but basically, had I known the story would end up the way that it did, I likely would have quit before going through to the end. I wouldn't call my 18+ hours I spent on the game a waste of my time, but I will admit that when I saw the Naughty Dog logo when the "ending" was over I yelled "F*CK YOU!" at my screen in anger.

Same here. Since I don't go for MP, I'm really beginning to question if I should buy this--at least not before it drops to <$25 or is offered free for Plus members a year or more from now. Seems like I may want to play it only once (twice at most) for the unique experience and that's it.

Don't miss this game. I won't play multiplayer and I will probably never play through again but I fully recommend TLoU. Yourbeliefs has some valid complaints and everyone is entitled to their opinion but one look at reviews or the metacritic rating will tell you that most people think its a great game. I had no problems with the story. Like yourbeliefs said, I did dread some of the human combat later in the game. The last hour or two was a struggle to finish because the difficulty ramps up quite a bit.

I still haven't decided whether TLoU or Infinite is my GOTY so far but in the end it doesn't matter because I loved playing both of them.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I finally got my thoughts out about why I think TLOU's story is rather overhyped and not nearly as good as people have been saying. It probably goes without saying that this is FULL of spoilers, so if you haven't beaten the game or don't want to know what happens don't read this. There are also some spoilers about Spec Ops: The Line as well, although not as great as TLOU's spoilers. This is part of my push to pursue one of my dreams, which is to be a freelance writer/content contributor. I'm getting some stuff up and this is my first piece.

http://davevandam.net/2013/07/31/the-last-of-us-we-can-only-hope/

I finally got my thoughts out about why I think TLOU's story is rather overhyped and not nearly as good as people have been saying. It probably goes without saying that this is FULL of spoilers, so if you haven't beaten the game or don't want to know what happens don't read this. There are also some spoilers about Spec Ops: The Line as well, although not as great as TLOU's spoilers. This is part of my push to pursue one of my dreams, which is to be a freelance writer/content contributor. I'm getting some stuff up and this is my first piece.

http://davevandam.net/2013/07/31/the-last-of-us-we-can-only-hope/

I just read this and I have to say that it is entertaining and well written. From our past in this thread you already know I disagree with many of your arguments but I can't deny that you have solid reasoning behind most of them. I won't post the areas I disagree with here because it would be impossible to do it without spoiling the game for everyone else. I will send you a PM for the main point I want to address though. I would make a spoiler thread but from reading this one I think we are the only two here who have played the game.

I just read this and I have to say that it is entertaining and well written. From our past in this thread you already know I disagree with many of your arguments but I can't deny that you have solid reasoning behind most of them.
Not sure if people will share the same sentiments when I start getting into political/sociological discussions..

Remember guys... sh*t goes down tonight..

Jx2by9V.jpg

LOL Well done. I played for another quick 3 hours last night. Had to force myself to stop playing. Looks like I'm 81% complete with 16 hours played so far. By far the fasted 16 hours I've ever played.

LOL Well done. I played for another quick 3 hours last night. Had to force myself to stop playing. Looks like I'm 81% complete with 16 hours played so far. By far the fasted 16 hours I've ever played.
It's those last 2 hours that will gnaw at your soul..

Nice pickup on the date yourbeleifs.

Sounds like you are in the zone where you could power through to the end of the game with one more good gaming session. Once I got to about that point there was no way I was stopping until I finished the game. On the other hand, the difficulty level ramps up quite a bit in the last couple hours of the game. The number of enemies trying to kill you at once gets frustratingly overwhelming but it was worth it to me to finish out the story.

UGH... THAT really was when the game started to really collapse IMO, at least from a story/character likability angle. After a while I just wanted to yell, "Hey Juno! F*cking behave!!"

After 4 hours of playing tonight I finally finished the game. What a total mind blow. I absolutely loved the game from start to finish. I don't think I've ever been that emotionally involved in a game.

I see what you were saying about the ending now. I don't thinks its bad, it's just not expected. That's not always a bad thing. They stayed away from the obvious and made it more realistic if you ask me. It makes you think about what you would do in that situation.

9.9 out 10. Didn't give it a full 10 because I don't really see coming back to the game again. It's so consuming I would have to wait a couple years to play it again.

After 4 hours of playing tonight I finally finished the game. What a total mind blow. I absolutely loved the game from start to finish. I don't think I've ever been that emotionally involved in a game.

I see what you were saying about the ending now. I don't thinks its bad, it's just not expected. That's not always a bad thing. They stayed away from the obvious and made it more realistic if you ask me. It makes you think about what you would do in that situation.

9.9 out 10. Didn't give it a full 10 because I don't really see coming back to the game again. It's so consuming I would have to wait a couple years to play it again.
Well, it certainly was unexpected.. and the fact that the last hour or so of the game had me force myself into that ending while facing the hardest guys in the game felt like being told to bandage my own gunshot wounds. I've never said the game was bad, but nothing in the 8+ out of 10 range that people are placing it at. Of course that's just my opinion.

I'd like to play this DLC but I no longer have the game at home. Maybe I'll rent it from Gamefly just to play it. It's not like there are tons of PS4/Xbox One games filling up my queue. I still have Assassin's Creed IV at home. Normally I don't take this much time with a rental but I am enjoying exploring the world and finding all of the collectables. Plus, I'm in no rush to send it back because Ryse is the only game I really want to rent before inFamous comes out at the end of March.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)