The Last of Us

Allegedly there's a sequel planned for 2015 for the PS4. Seems rather odd since the game didn't really end in a way that screamed "To Be Continued.."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-of-Us-2-Is-Under-Production-For-2015-Release

Yeah it was pretty much a standalone story but after all the GOTY awards it won and how well it sold for a PS3 exclusive there was obviously going to be a sequel. Sony might have more exclusives than Xbox but they don't sell as well. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/06/microsoft-halo-3-outsells-uncharted-killzone-resistance-combined/ When they get one that does sell pretty well like The Last of Us did they are definitely going to want more of it.

Yeah it was pretty much a standalone story but after all the GOTY awards it won and how well it sold for a PS3 exclusive there was obviously going to be a sequel. Sony might have more exclusives than Xbox but they don't sell as well. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/06/microsoft-halo-3-outsells-uncharted-killzone-resistance-combined/ When they get one that does sell pretty well like The Last of Us did they are definitely going to want more of it.
Yeah but if this is true, they were working on a sequel well before the GOTY awards were handed out. Personally I think this is a losing proposition. You can't really continue Ellie and Joel's story without it getting super creepy, or if they decide to go back on the HORRIBLY SELFISH decision they made at the end of the last game. I also see NO appeal in playing basically the same game with the same enemies just with different protagonists. Hell the story is the only thing that made the game tolerable, because it sure as hell wasn't the gameplay with the gimped stealth and the BS 1 hit kills.

I really wish just once they'd let a game be 1 and done. Not everything needs to be a series.

I could see a sequel to the game. I picture it taking place when Ellie is older and Joel is pretty old or even passed away. Something along the lines of her knowing she can save everyone and she decides to sacrifice herself to do it. Maybe she does it in order to save someone she loves.

I could see a sequel to the game. I picture it taking place when Ellie is older and Joel is pretty old or even passed away. Something along the lines of her knowing she can save everyone and she decides to sacrifice herself to do it. Maybe she does it in order to save someone she loves.

I was thinking along the same lines.

As opposed to say, the MILLIONS of people around the world who could have been saved by her if she and Joel weren't such massive selfish a**holes? Sorry but this is why I am so opposed to TLoU's ending being praised and people telling me "It was the RIGHT ending!" Yeah, sure it was. If that had happened in real life, the two of them would be viewed as the biggest douchebags in all of humanity. For the life of me I can't understand why people think that's acceptable. And as far as the argument, "Well, she was like his daughter!" No, Joel was a deranged murderer who was suffering from PTSD over the death of his only daughter. We can't trust a man like that to make rational decisions. Just because it made sense to him doesn't mean it was a good decision.

I suppose this comes from A: My belief that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and B: Having someone close to me die from an incurable illness.

I think it made sense for his character. Throughout the game he does terrible things to save her over and over again. Killing hundreds of people to protect her and then being fine with someone ripping her brain out wouldn't make any sense. I actually felt a strong sense of urgency at the end when I was trying to make my way to her. I wasn't thinking about everyone else. I was just trying to save her. When I burst into that operating room I took all the doctors out with no hesitation. I didn't realize you only had to kill one of them until I read about it later. In real life, if it was someone I loved you can bet I would prioritize their life over a bunch of strangers too. I wouldn't let a family member of mine be used as a test subject for a vaccine that may or may not work.

Either way, to me the ending was only a small part of the game. I was completely immersed in the 16 hours before the ending so much that even if I didn't like that part I would like the game. I disagree with you about the gameplay being bad too. I liked the gameplay for the most part and I thought it was a refreshing change from what I usually play.

Edit: even if this vaccine worked it wouldn't have magically saved everyone. They would have a hard time distributing it to everyone with all the clickers and raiders between every major town. It wouldn't have stopped the clickers from killing people and the raiders from stealing, raping, and killing everyone. I think at that point the world was beyond repair whether they could keep most people from turning into clickers or not.

Last edited:
I think it made sense for his character. Throughout the game he does terrible things to save her over and over again. Killing hundreds of people to protect her and then being fine with someone ripping her brain out wouldn't make any sense. I actually felt a strong sense of urgency at the end when I was trying to make my way to her. I wasn't thinking about everyone else. I was just trying to save her. When I burst into that operating room I took all the doctors out with no hesitation. I didn't realize you only had to kill one of them until I read about it later. In real life, if it was someone I loved you can bet I would prioritize their life over a bunch of strangers too. I wouldn't let a family member of mine be used as a test subject for a vaccine that may or may not work.

Either way, to me the ending was only a small part of the game. I was completely immersed in the 16 hours before the ending so much that even if I didn't like that part I would like the game. I disagree with you about the gameplay being bad too. I liked the gameplay for the most part and I thought it was a refreshing change from what I usually play.

Edit: even if this vaccine worked it wouldn't have magically saved everyone. They would have a hard time distributing it to everyone with all the clickers and raiders between every major town. It wouldn't have stopped the clickers from killing people and the raiders from stealing, raping, and killing everyone. I think at that point the world was beyond repair whether they could keep most people from turning into clickers or not.

I think of it similar to how you do. Who's to say there would have been a vaccine? I myself do not have a huge issue with his decision since it was so personal and I honestly don't know how I would react in that position. I feel it should have been her decision to make ultimately.

I would like to see a sequel just to see what has become of the world since then and to see how Ellie has changed. It's very intriguing thinking about how the world can react to disasters and if people can return to normal.

Whether or not you liked the ended I must say it was very memorable. If it was just a typical happy ending it would have just been forgotten like every other happy ending story. This was something that made you feel something. This ending stuck with you, made you question life and the decisions we make. To me it was more powerful ending the way it did, whether it be the right choice or not.

Just talking about it now makes me want to go home and play it some more.

I tried playing the multi-player mode last night and saw that I have to pay $9.99 for it? I was surprised to see that but was still willing to do it. I didn't have my wallet on me at the time though so I didn't end up playing it.

I tried playing the multi-player mode last night and saw that I have to pay $9.99 for it? I was surprised to see that but was still willing to do it. I didn't have my wallet on me at the time though so I didn't end up playing it.

Sony first party games were doing the same thing as EA and Ubiosoft by requiring an online pass that only comes with new copies of the game. It costs $10 if you rent or buy used. Thankfully all 3 companies have given up that policy for their next gen games.

Don't pay for it. Call up/email Sony and complain that you shouldn't have to pay since they don't enforce that policy anymore. They may throw you a freebie. Also, the MP for that (from what I've heard) is nothing to write home about, as is true for all Naughty Dog MP experiences.

Don't pay for it. Call up/email Sony and complain that you shouldn't have to pay since they don't enforce that policy anymore. They may throw you a freebie. Also, the MP for that (from what I've heard) is nothing to write home about, as is true for all Naughty Dog MP experiences.

I may try emailing them to see if they can give me a code for free. I read about the online game and watched some video, it got mixed reviews. I still think it's worth trying out. The concept sounds pretty cool to me.

Wait, did you get the game new? If you did you should have a redemption code that bypasses buying the Online Pass. OP is made to stop pre-owned sales. If you bought the game brand new then just find the code and put that in.

Yeah, I thought you just bought The Last of Us PS3 bundle to replace your broken PS3. It should have came with a code for the online pass. If you have the card somewhere you just go to the PSN store and then select "redeem code". Type your code in there and it should pop up as a free download.

btw read some place, around the time of CES, one of the Last of us developers said IF their were to be a sequel it would be with all new characters.

Sweet! I didn't think to look. I did get the game new with the PS3. I thought it was odd to have to pay for the online play.

btw read some place, around the time of CES, one of the Last of us developers said IF their were to be a sequel it would be with all new characters.

With a game like this the possibilities are never ending. I always thought it would be great to make a game or DLC that has the same game take place in different parts of the US. Most games all take place in the same places like the East or West coast. I'd like to see a story line in the same world of TLOU in the Midwest.

You could have different story lines from the same time period and you could even cross paths with Ellie and Joel. You can have a story line that takes place before Ellie and Joel's story or even years after. Like I said, the possibilities are endless. I suppose people would start getting tired of the games at some point though.

This is one of the reasons I think The Walking Dead is so great. There are endless stories that can come from that world.

Played the multiplayer part of the game for a bit today and must say it's pretty awesome. I really enjoy the fact that you have to use teamwork to be successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)