The LeBron James Free Agency Thread

Only in Chicago is Michael Jordan such a clear and over-riding face of the championships won by the franchise. This is what Lebron would be trying to live up to. Heck, Lebron even wears Jordan's number.

I think that is the one situation where the comparison is recent, and direct.

Sandra

In Chicago, MJ is GOD like, but believe me when I tell you that BULLS fans will not care as long as they are winning championships. Look at it this way, Ditka won only ONE Super Bowl, and he is as much if not MORE of an iconic figure as MJ.

But I get what you're trying to say....

ANYONE that has enough for ONE max player will think they have a chance.

In reality, there are only a handful of teams:

Knicks, Cavs, Bulls, Nets, Miami and the LA Clippers.

The LIKELY choices are either Cleveland and Chicago, followed by the Knicks and Miami. After that....the chances are slim and none and slim just walked out the door.;)

For all the FA drama that the NBA will be this summer, I found it strange that nobody was talking about Kobe, who could have became a FA also. He quietly signed an extension a couple of weeks ago.

Don't you know Paul? If you live in Cleveland, something is wrong with you and it's only because you're not rich enough to get out. Everyone here is miserable and no one lives here under their own free will! [/sarcasm] :rolleyes::)

If LeBron was a free agent in LA, NY or any other bigger market, no one would be speculating on him leaving. Especially if he was playing on a team who had the best record for two consecutive years.

Don't you know Paul? If you live in Cleveland, something is wrong with you and it's only because you're not rich enough to get out. Everyone here is miserable and no one lives here under their own free will! [/sarcasm] :rolleyes::)
Ive never heard any of those things.

If LeBron was a free agent in LA, NY or any other bigger market, no one would be speculating on him leaving. Especially if he was playing on a team who had the best record for two consecutive years.
Like no one ever speculated on AROD leaving? Or what a failure he was in the playoffs?

Like no one ever speculated on AROD leaving? Or what a failure he was in the playoffs?

Actually, when Boras convinced A-Rod to exercise the opt out clause in his contract a couple of years ago, nobody batted an eyelash. We figured if someone was crazy enough to pay more than the Yankees are paying for A-Rod, they should go right ahead.

We also figured if A-Rod did leave, we would find someone else who can actually come through in the playoffs. Little did we know that person would be A-Rod!

Derek Jeter is also a free agent at the end of the year...that was mentioned back in spring training, and won't be mentioned again. Everyone knows Jeter will remain a Yankee. ;)

Sandra

Breaking News: Lebron James will join the Orlando Magic, IF they win the ECC.

This is what Lebron feels about the Orlando Magic after 2008-09 season

lebron.jpg

Poof the magic Mamba!!

.....and Kobe's a POOF! Heehee. The NBA is GREAT! Omnom, I love garlic fries!!! Look Mom, I can post pictures on the interwebs too!!! Seriously, Twinkie boy looks like a cross between Tupac and Liberace!!! :eek: :D

6a00d8341c630a53ef01348058b73d970c-800wi

6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ecfff7b8970b-800wi

6a00d8341c630a53ef0134802f972f970c-800wi

Another country heard from:

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has gone public with his quest to acquire LeBron James.

In an interview this week posted on CNNMoney.com, Cuban expressed his interest in James as a free agent and said that the NBA star needs to play in a place where he trusts the organization.

If James does not reach an agreement with the Cavaliers by July 1, he would become an unrestricted free agent.

"Come July 1st, yeah, of course, anybody would be interested in LeBron James, and if he leaves via free agency, then it's going to be tough," Cuban said. "If he does like I'm guessing, hoping he will, which is say, 'I'm not going to leave the Cavs high and dry,' if he decides to leave -- there's still a better chance he stays -- then he'll try to force a sign-and-trade, and that gives us a chance."

Cuban's comments could fall under the NBA's tampering rules, although he dismissed that notion Thursday. In 2008, the league sent a memo to the 30 NBA teams detailing specific guidelines when discussing potential free agents with the media.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5205952"]Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban expresses his interest in acquiring LeBron James - ESPN Dallas[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts