The Manhattan DJ

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Satellite signals are transmitted with two polarities to enable twice as many services in the same frequency range. Your LNBF skew is set for each satellite position so the vertical and horizontal probes inside the feedhorn are in alignment with the polarity of the satellite signals.

The receiver sends 13Vdc out to power the LNBF when tuning a vertical transponder. This voltage sets an internal switch in the LNBF to select the vertical probe located inside the feedhorn. The receiver sends 18Vdc to the LNBF to switch to the horizontal probe.

Satellite receivers do not automatically know what satellite the user is scanning. If you blind scan, the found channels will be assigned to the satellite that you have selected. To avoid confusion, I would suggest that you perform a factory reset on the receiver then select Galaxy 19- 97w and do another blind scan.

Reactions: KE4EST
I am so afraid of loosing the channels I do have! lol
Part of the fun of the hobby is tinkering. :)
Just mark everything good before you move anything.
Do you have the skew on your LNBF set properly for your location for G19?

vman.jpg

Each transponder on each polarity and on each satellite will have a different Signal Quality reading. Just depends on the power paid for by the broadcaster and where you are located in the signal footprint.

On Galaxy 19 - 97w there are many more channels on the Vertical transponders than on Horizontal. This varies on each satellite.

If the LNBF is not rotated to match the received satellite, signal quality readings will be lower. Dishpointer shows the skew for each satellite based on your location.

I notice that channels 0-100 and 100-200 repeat alot on galaxy 19
Sounds like your LNBF is bad or your receiver is not set right or is not switching voltage properly.
Take a picture of the satellite set-up menu for G19.

No channel repeats on 97w. Likely your LNBF Skew (rotation) is not correct and the horizontal and vertical transponders are being received on both polarities.

Slightly loosen the LNBF clamp screw to allow it to rotate.
Do a factory reset.
Select G19 K 97w satellite
Set the LNB Type to Universal (9750-10600).
Select transponder 12152 H 20000 from the TP list.
While watching the Signal Quality meter reading and standing below and in front of the dish, slowly rotate the LNBF counterclockwise to approximately 16 degrees to peak for highest reading.

Tighten the screws to secure the LNBF rotation and rescan.

Dish Setup Data
Name: 97W GALAXY 19 (G-19)
Elevation: 37.2°
Azimuth (true): 213.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 226.0°
LNB Skew: 24.4°

I do wish I would have bought a C band dish, Some of the coolest channels are on their! Maybe in a few months I can get a C band dish! hehe

Keep working on ku first to get your feet wet then go further it's a fun hobby. I have a mini bud that is several steps from where you are at. My first satellite was 101w ku where directv satellite is located they have ses1 there also. My second satellite was 97w galaxy 19 it just take a little adjustment at a time to get things to work.

Go here and read up on the different ways switches can be used.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)