The Mount Rushmores of your sports franchises

Wow, your tough on him ...

You didn't like him much ?

I was always a HUGE Bobby Orr fan and the rest of the team back then.

No I liked Espo, he was great player. However, when he was on the same line with Ken Hodge and Wayne Cashman, Espo and Hodge got all the goals but Cashman did all the heavy lifting.

And don't forget, Phil Esposito spent a good portion of his career with the Rangers after the big Espo/Vadnais for Park/Ratelle trade.

No I liked Espo, he was great player. However, when he was on the same line with Ken Hodge and Wayne Cashman, Espo and Hodge got all the goals but Cashman did all the heavy lifting.

And don't forget, Phil Esposito spent a good portion of his career with the Rangers after the big Espo/Vadnais for Park/Ratelle trade.

Good points

I think he burned a lot of bridges in Boston last year.

Tigers: Sparky, Trammell, Gibson and Parish ..

You're how old? That list reminds me of a radio interview of a Minnestoa Twins player I heard in the early 1990s. He said, "I had the opportunity to break into the majors on one of the greatest teams of all time. We had Tom Brunanski, Garry Gaetti, Ken Hrbek and Kirby Puckett". The 1987 Twins wouldn't even be one of the half dozen best teams of the 1970s.

Last edited:
You're how old? That list reminds me of a radio interview of a Minnestoa Twins player I heard in the early 1990s. He said, "I had an opportunity to break into the majors on one of the greatest teams of all time. We had Tom Brunanski, Garry Gaetti, Ken Hrbek and Kirby Puckett". The 1987 Twins wouldn't even be one of the half dozen best teams of the 1970s.

I was trying to give it a more recent look.

50 btw.

Many here have posted players from thier same era, so I chose 4 from the same group.
They were all top people in the 80's for the Tigers

MN Duluth Bulldog hockey...Huffer, Junior, Billy and maybe Hully
(Keith "Huffer" Christensen, Junior Lessard, Bill Watson, Brett Hull)

BillD1984 said:
Salsa, how about Louis Orr and Roosevelt Bowie for the Cuse (aka the Louis and Bowie Show)?

I really didn't get into the 'Cuse until after the "Louie and Bowie" show. My 1st exposure was my 1st live game, Dwayne "Pearl" Washington's halfcourt shot against for the 75-73 win over Boston College.

After the experience, I was hooked!

Pistons- Isiah Thomas, Dennis Rodman, Bill Lambier and joe Dumars

Lions- Barry Sanders, Chris spiellman, Herman Moore and Calvin Johnson

Wings- Steve Yzerman, sergi federov, brendon shannahan, Chris osgood

Tigers-Lou Whittaker, Jack Morris, kirk Gibson, Allan trammell

Last edited:
Pistons- Isiah Thomas, Dennis Rodman, Bill Lambier and joe Dumars

Lions- Barry Sanders, Chris spiellman, Herman Moore and Calvin Johnson

Wings- Steve Yzerman, sergi federov, brendon shannahan, Chris osgood

Tigers-Lou Whittaker, Jack Morris, kirk Gibson, Allan trammell

:eek: No Kelly Tripuka?!

Dodgers: Robinson, Koufax, Drysdale, Snyder, Lasorda

They have so many because of their long history and even ones that I would include that are not HOF, like Fernando and Garvey. I went with five (4 wasn't enough) that represent the faces of the franchise.
I need to add a 6th face, Vin Scully. His voice alone is the face of the franchise and a connection to both Brooklyn and LA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)