This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The NBA Playoffs are SO much better than the NCAA tournament

I used to watch them all the way through, until I figured out that the last q was sufficient.

First off, let just say that I was in attendance two years ago for a regional final, and last year for the final four at Ford field, and while I don't like BB in that large of a setting, it was still very compelling. Fan involvement is not an issue. They are very much involved. Having kids from 4 different schools in the arena does make for an electrifying ambience. You have to be there to really understand.

I would almost buy into this, except for one thing - in the NCAA tournament, EVERY possession is played like the last. In the NBA, the game really doesn't get started until the 4th quarter. Sorry, to me the NBA is still boring.

+1 :up

I can't stand watching the NBA, it's all about the players drama.

NCAA, the game is the drama, the way it should be.

I've been to NCAA preliminary and regional games at the Meadowlands and in Philly. The atmosphere can be electric in a regional final, in preliminary games not so much.

Much better chance for an electrically charged crowd at an NBA playoff game. Went to a couple of Knicks/Bulls Michael Jordan playoff games at the Garden when I was young, the NCAA does not compare to that.

Sandra

So you are a supporter of NBA hoops. That's nice for you.
However ,if the NBA is so much the best, how do you explain the NCAA signing up with CBS for 14 years at a price of nearly $11 billion while the NBA is fighting a downward spiral in tv ratings and a failure to sign a network tv deal?
Look, there are three properties keeping the NBA afloat. Kobe Bryant, Lebron James and the LA Lakers. After that, it's all the same...Heck , even the New York Knicks have trouble selling tickets.
Those are facts.

My post states I much prefer the intensity of the NBA playoffs over March Madness, and gave many reasons. Nothing you said addresses what I posted.

Sandra