The NCAA Is Strict!!!

I like it. The NCAA and the Olympics are the only ones that strict on advertising. I hate how so many stadiums and arenas are littered with nothing but ads. It's also another reason why the NCAA Tournament is better than bowl games. No corporate logos on the court.

Taco Bell Arena in Boise, Idaho. Probably the least Taco Bell place in America.

Its the right thing to do. Keep the ads out.

I tell you what I don't like. No beer/alcohol sales at the sites hosting the games. I understand this rule, but not all of us drink to excess. It didn't stop Villanova fans from being drunken idiots at last years regional final in Detroit. (It wasn't all of the Villanova fans, nor just villanova fans, but the only ones that I saw drunk and causing the most problems we're Villanova fans. They played in the late game, and a lot of their students arrived sh*t faced and caused numerous problems for security.)

I find THIS interesting:

The Sprint Center’s interior is dark. The arena’s standard advertisements have been covered, and the electronic crawl that circles the mezzanine had its power cut days ago.

That doesn’t mean Kansas City’s basketball jewel is dead. Instead, nearly 17,400 people are packed in, screaming and cursing and cheering.

How do they have 17,400 people inside when the lights are out ?

Jimbo

I've read the article and still a little confused. Why does the NCAA cover any sponsors and take down banners and such?

Also, wouldnt the sponsors be mad. For ex., the Taco Bell Arena. If the NCAA covers up Taco Bell signs wouldnt Taco Bell be mad as well as the people who are running the building?

I've read the article and still a little confused. Why does the NCAA cover any sponsors and take down banners and such?

Also, wouldnt the sponsors be mad. For ex., the Taco Bell Arena. If the NCAA covers up Taco Bell signs wouldnt Taco Bell be mad as well as the people who are running the building?

I guess it's all laid out when the city is doing the push for the NCAA to come there...

Arena contracts include clauses about the advertizing and what happens to it during "special events" which can range from hardcore deals like the NCAA or World Cup to small time things like the Ringling Bros circus, which requires soda names be covered (it travels with its own concession staff and equipment and wants to sell snocones insted).

CBS Could lose the NCAA Tournament after 2010

2009 NFL Opening Weekend and Thanksgiving Day Schedule!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)