The new 811 software ver 265 is here!

scott5626 said:
I just noticed the new software update just hit . I dont know exactly what it addressed.

It (unfortunately) addressed the 811 right back to remote address 1 - and IT CANNOT BE CHANGED!!. My problem is that I have the discrete on/off codes for remote address 2 - and my BEV receiver is using remote address 1.

Craig

Ota Seems Better

My OTA reception is better as least for now. My channels are mapped to the correct location and lock on. I am not getting 49% message one minute and a lock at 89% the next. I hope it last. When 264 spooled my channels all locked on the first day and made me think all was well but after that I had the same problems as before.

I have not heard anything about this rev having a fix for the S-Video but I checked it anyway and quess what it is much worse. I have my S-video going to my DVD recorder and even though my recordings were too dark now they are terrible. I hope this is going to be fixed soon. This is a major problem for me.

Craig Henrikson said:
It (unfortunately) addressed the 811 right back to remote address 1 - and IT CANNOT BE CHANGED!!. My problem is that I have the discrete on/off codes for remote address 2 - and my BEV receiver is using remote address 1.

Craig

That didn't happen to me. My 811 remote was on address 2 and after the download remained there. Everything is as it was. Did you try a hard reset and then try to change the address back to 2?

Bobby said:
That didn't happen to me. My 811 remote was on address 2 and after the download remained there. Everything is as it was. Did you try a hard reset and then try to change the address back to 2?

Well I can see the channel map was fixed. All 3 of my channels now map. And the old oes still do to!! LOL! Dont see anything else?

Bobby said:

I did a couple of hard resets. Once with the power button and once with the wall plug. No improvement.

Did a quick check of my 811 (had to interrupt kids watching a movie so couldn't spend much time :)) for the 265 download. I got it.

Neither my HD nor SD through DVI is any darker, looks great actually.

My "2" remote address DID NOT change like others have been reporting.

Guide seemed ok. I had been having intermminent problems with system going into a "downloading from satellite" mode but that didn't not happen this time. But I only spent a few minutes checking it out.

Anyone have time to check the 811 rear inputs ?

Walt

waltinvt\ said:
Did a quick check of my 811 (had to interrupt kids watching a movie so couldn't spend much time :)) for the 265 download. I got it.

Neither my HD nor SD through DVI is any darker, looks great actually.

Walt

My DVI output is definitely darker. No doubt in my mind now. I went home for lunch, and checked. OTA, Sat-SD, Sat-HD, it didn't matter.

"Darker" may be the wrong word. It's more of a loss of detail in the grayscale. In place of differing shades of gray and shadows, there is blackness.

Of course, the "acquiring signal" bug is still there when going directly from OTA to the guide.

:no

I don't have DVI, but my component looks the same. I didn't the 148 problem (no 148 dish), and I've never had a signal lock problem, so I'm not noticing anything different.

I take that back.. the two Dallas stations that would lose their virtual channel numbers are no longer doing so...

Craig Henrikson said:
No real mapping upgrade here. Mapping is fine after scan, but is lost once I go to those channels.

Craig

Not here, the two wandering DFW stations are staying put.

I see nothing new, same problems still exist. Dark S-Vid, 49% multipath issue and Satellite search. Then again I have not experienced any new problems either.

Channel mapping is no longer lost on my DFW stations. My remote address assignment of 3 stayed at 3 with no problem. VCR bug is still there: it works as long as the 811 is not turned off. If the 811 is off, it will record only a black screen.

Ugh acquiring satellite 3 times in an hour and half.....this is getting to be highly not worth having this box for the HD pack.:(

Kevinw said:
Ugh acquiring satellite 3 times in an hour and half.....this is getting to be highly not worth having this box for the HD pack.:(

Are you sitting on an OTA station for a long period of time between switching stations. As far as annoyance, this one is a real pain. It is in the 6000 and seems to have been ported over to the 811. I wonder if Dish is aware of this one.. Seems that it should be addressed by now. Anyone get an official word on this one?

WeeJavaDude said:
Are you sitting on an OTA station for a long period of time between switching stations. .......wonder if Dish is aware of this one.. Seems that it should be addressed by now. Anyone get an official word on this one?
20 minutes a long time?

Kevinw said:
20 minutes a long time?

Not in my book. Interesting.. Usually takes longer to get the acquiring signal dialog bug. I can't remember the exact time but I have never timed it and I usually see it about once a week. Your frequency is much higher.

If you have a programmable remote, here is a possible work around.

Program the GUIDE buttons to jump to an Dish channel before going to the guide. I know that you will lose your recall under those conditions but you have to weigh it against the acquiring signal. I should experiment this this ... wonder if the attempt to change it to a unsubscribed channel would be enough to get around this issue.

Hmmm Something to try... Anyone try this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts