The new 811 software ver 265 is here!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OTA Problems still exist

I cannot save channel 48-2 KNTV HD in my favorites list. This is a weird problem because the channel will show up in the ALL CHAN list and the SUB CHAN list. But I cannot save it in the list that I want to save it in. I tried to save the channel in a list named LOCALS (actually LIST 3).
I then tried to save the channel in LIST 2 and it worked. So I moved all of the LIST 2 channels to LIST 3 and all of the LIST 3 channels to LIST 2. And now, 48-2 cannot be added to LIST 2 either.
I called dish support and was told this is fixed in the 266 release and to expect the 266 release in the next 2 to 3 weeks. The support person even went as far to say the 266 is being beta tested and that the fix works. Pretty brave of her. We will see.

Closed captioning doesn't work on ABCHD - that's channel 7-01 here in So Cal - anymore. It used to work perfectly before the 265 upgrade...

N

My remote changes the remote address, but the remote will not operate on any thing but remote address "1". I have to reset it to "1" to get the remote to work. 265 did not change this. My 811 has been this way from the beginning. I use a fort to keep it from operating my Dish 311.

waja said:
I cannot save channel 48-2 KNTV HD in my favorites list. This is a weird problem because the channel will show up in the ALL CHAN list and the SUB CHAN list. But I cannot save it in the list that I want to save it in. I tried to save the channel in a list named LOCALS (actually LIST 3).
I then tried to save the channel in LIST 2 and it worked. So I moved all of the LIST 2 channels to LIST 3 and all of the LIST 3 channels to LIST 2. And now, 48-2 cannot be added to LIST 2 either.
I called dish support and was told this is fixed in the 266 release and to expect the 266 release in the next 2 to 3 weeks. The support person even went as far to say the 266 is being beta tested and that the fix works. Pretty brave of her. We will see.

Waja, I have the exact same problem. Mine is with Digital Channel 47. It is the highest digital channel I get, so it is always at the end of the list when I do a scan. I created another list called locals as well and when I add it, always drops form that list (not the ALL CHAN list). I went in a added the dish 101 channel that is right above it to the locals list, and now it shows up (with 101 of course), but at least I can channel up and down now without having to go to the guide and perhaps kick off the dreaded "aquiring signal bug" Hope that helps.

Craig Henrikson said:
It (unfortunately) addressed the 811 right back to remote address 1 - and IT CANNOT BE CHANGED!!. My problem is that I have the discrete on/off codes for remote address 2 - and my BEV receiver is using remote address 1.

Craig
I was able to get it working using a blue button IR remote.

Craig

jerryez said:
My remote changes the remote address, but the remote will not operate on any thing but remote address "1". I have to reset it to "1" to get the remote to work. 265 did not change this. My 811 has been this way from the beginning. I use a fort to keep it from operating my Dish 311.

:D My bad! I was not hitting the record button at the last. When I read and followed the directions in the manual, it worked perfectly. You have to follow the directions exactly or it does not work.

Oakenshld said:
Waja, I have the exact same problem. Mine is with Digital Channel 47. It is the highest digital channel I get, so it is always at the end of the list when I do a scan. I created another list called locals as well and when I add it, always drops form that list (not the ALL CHAN list). I went in a added the dish 101 channel that is right above it to the locals list, and now it shows up (with 101 of course), but at least I can channel up and down now without having to go to the guide and perhaps kick off the dreaded "aquiring signal bug" Hope that helps.
Oakenshld, thanks for figuring this out for me. I didn't see the pattern. Yep, 48.2 was the last LOCAL I was adding. I have a few channels above 48.2, so I added one of them and now I have 48.2 AND the channel above is not included. I don't know why the dish support couldn't tell me this. I guess that is why we are all here.

I waited til today to reply to this thread to play with the 265 release,on
my 811 it seems to have fixed the remapping problem all the digital OTA
channels seem to be staying put in their analog numbers.That's the only
thing I can find that it fixed,since I did'nt have the 148 sat. problem.I also
saw my first acquiring sat. message from the OTA when going to the guide.
I used to get this alot from my 6000,have to admit I was on OTA for a couple
of hours when it happened.

Kevinw said:
Ugh acquiring satellite 3 times in an hour and half.....this is getting to be highly not worth having this box for the HD pack.:(
Kevin what signal strength do you average on you 811 on sat 119 and 110?

I have been using s-video until this evening into a Sony TV. Hooked up my Planar PX-171M 17" LCD tonight by DVI-D. The LCD displays great bright images from my PC which has an ATI graphics card. From the 811 DVI-D, the image is horribly dark. Maybe my 811 is farked. It is a P265LABD-N 1010LABD which was installed last December. I will wait for P266 and see if Dish get this 811 working.

All the reports of good bright images on the 811 DVI-D had me believing it was only the s-video that was garbage. No so with my 811.

Keith.

keith said:
I have been using s-video until this evening into a Sony TV. Hooked up my Planar PX-171M 17" LCD tonight by DVI-D. The LCD displays great bright images from my PC which has an ATI graphics card. From the 811 DVI-D, the image is horribly dark. Maybe my 811 is farked. It is a P265LABD-N 1010LABD which was installed last December. I will wait for P266 and see if Dish get this 811 working.

All the reports of good bright images on the 811 DVI-D had me believing it was only the s-video that was garbage. No so with my 811.

Keith.

Keith,

What were you using as your comparision? were you looking at Standard PC desktop stuff and comparing it to a TV picture? What is HD that you were looking at or SD? was it Dish Content or OTA or alll? Those are two different material sources and making this type of comparison is problematic at best.

However, I do believe the 811 has problem with the shadows and SD with DVI. SD overall seems a bit on the dark side and it seems to have the biggest problem with dark source material. Shadow type stuff. Hopefully 2.66 will fix this issue. HD on your 17" should have looked pretty damn good. what was your 811 set to 1080i?

on my Sony 60" GWII the HD Material can look amazing.

WeeJavaDude said:
Keith,

What were you using as your comparision? were you looking at Standard PC desktop stuff and comparing it to a TV picture? What is HD that you were looking at or SD? was it Dish Content or OTA or alll?

No matter what LCD display settings I choose (contrast and brightness), there is no detail in the blacks at all. Tried 480P & 720P but the image doesn't brighten up any. The LCD didn't scale properly with 1080I, but I didn't put any effort into trying to reconfigure it. Anyway, sent an email off to Dish support asking about the 266 release and if my DVI-D is as good as it will get already with 265. If so, I will get my 301 subscribed and sell the 811 on ebay.

Keith.

Another update? It's a funny thing, I just made a comment to my wife last night about how the picture seemed a lot darker than the normal annoying darkness.
Said piece of s#*@ and called it a night! In conclusion, the update gave me an even darker image on all channels but the ota's are mapped correctly(for now :confused: )
I'm a patient guy, but I've been complaining about the darkness issue for 4 months now-apparently it is not a repairable item...

Spanky, I haven't updated mine yet, but if the image seem darker after a SW update, how can you draw the conclusion that they cannot fix it with a SW update? (they might have went in the wrong direction on this update, but they can still fix it later).

What kind of connection do you have? I have Component 1080i and really like the picture now (264 level), don't want to risk anything at this point..

No problems so far with 265, it did correct some problems with the OTA, I AM ABLE TO ONCE AGAIN GET THE pbs station that was lost and had a signal strength of 88 percent.

GaryPen said:
I'm glad somebody else notices it.

I can't see any difference through DVI when watching HD between versions 2.64 and 2.65. Don't know about SD I use my 508 for that. Of course my 50" Samsung DLP has bright to spare. Maybe that explains it :confused:

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
I can't see any difference through DVI when watching HD between versions 2.64 and 2.65. Don't know about SD I use my 508 for that. Of course my 50" Samsung DLP has bright to spare. Maybe that explains it :confused:

NightRyder

I don't know about DLP, but I suspect many of those who say they are not having issues with the 811 and it's dark picture are overdriving their screens to compensate. Not a good thing to do if you want your TV to last a while. My 811 is dark on s-video/composite, it's acceptable on DVI, but even that is not 100% correct. I checked mine with an NTSC pattern and the grey/black bars were wrong. The colors weren't too bad, but no detail in black which is most of the problem. The whole image lacked brightness. It could be hardware, but I hope software will correct it. Until it is right mine is staying unsubscribed and I am using my older SD reciever. It puts out a much better picture than the 811 on SD. I don't miss the token HD channels too much, but I am paying for them, so I hope this gets fixed soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)