The New Channel Poll...Which Channels should VOOM now add?

HD PPV!
That would give us an opportunity to watch the latest movies in HD before they appear on HBO or Starz...

giveuspurehd said:
inhd1&2
...i think it is going to be called g4techtv for some dumb reason.
id be a happy camper if all that ever came true.

You probably saw that somewhere else on this forum, they are not the same channel, someone was probably jus requesting either G4 or TechTV. G4 is a video game channel. Actually pretty good for what it is. Some interesting biographical shows about some of the big game developers and stuff...

At the time of this post, 52 out of the 64 votes cast have selected "HDNET / InHD" - this means currently 87% of those who have voted cast a vote for these channels.

I think we have to keep in mind that the percentages that are showing on the poll (currently 33.54% for HDNET / InHD) may not be as revealing.

Call me a contrarian, but...

I wish there was one more option in the list: None. Since the poll question asked what channels should be added "now", I'd rather they didn't do anything that would degrade the quality of the HD channels any further. As other topics have indicated, their quality is already lower than the same HD channels sourced by e* or d*.

Eventually, I'd like to see them add more SD content, but not until they have the bandwidth available to do it right.

- Tim

Rick214 said:
At the time of this post, 52 out of the 64 votes cast have selected "HDNET / InHD" - this means currently 87% of those who have voted cast a vote for these channels.

I think we have to keep in mind that the percentages that are showing on the poll (currently 33.54% for HDNET / InHD) may not be as revealing.
I think this is a problem with vBulletin. I saw exact same problem with percentage calculations for multiple-choice polls at AVS.

As for HDNET/InHD popularity, this is the only HD option on the list. I think it's unfair to mix HD and SD channels on one poll. We could've had an item "Unnamed new HD channel" and I am sure it would've collected majority of the votes. Most of us want as many HD channels as we can get...

Sean Mota said:
One channel that nobody asks for is DIY. I would ask this one not for me but for my brother who always ask for it whenever he visits me. I have to turn on the E* receiver for him.
Believe it or not ...this is one of the ch's my wife likes and has asked me when and if VOOm is going to add it. I guess everyone has ch's that they would like to see added....but for my its INHD and or HDNET...that would put the icing on the cake.

I'm only interested on HD channels. I think that inHD 1 & 2 will be 38th and 39th HD channel. I predict it will happen by the end of June!!!
I would also love to get HDNet, but it won't happen because of the diffrences between Mark Cuban and Mr. Dolan.

NASA and National Geographic

How about these two? I agree, I'd LOVE to see NASA TV go HD. Also, think about National Geographic in HD. Mmmmmm.....

The Rickster

Anything but Lifetime. Please no Lifetime. It is an evil man-hater channel where the women are learning new and effective techniques for getting rid of us.

NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.
NO LIFETIME.

Walter L. said:
I'm only interested on HD channels. I think that inHD 1 & 2 will be 38th and 39th HD channel. I predict it will happen by the end of June!!!
I would also love to get HDNet, but it won't happen because of the diffrences between Mark Cuban and Mr. Dolan.
thats my guess too

DRich2 said:
Anything but Lifetime. Please no Lifetime. It is an evil man-hater channel where the women are learning new and effective techniques for getting rid of us.
Look at the positive side: it keeps your wife attention for hours allowing you to do other things (such as reading, web surfing, etc) without interruption ;)

As much a I like HD channels, (obviously, I have VOOM), there are a lot of SD channels that are virtually standards that just every cable or satellite carrier should offer. Like SciFi, USA, WGN, and yes, even lifetime. I understand the focus of VOOM is HD, but, it should still try to be the customers only television service. As it is, I know there are quite a few people that will still have dish or their local cable service, just so they can have a couple of these channels. I think that, while voom obviously should have a focus on HD, they still have to be competitive, and to be competitive, they need to have channels for everyone (and everyone in the family).

National Geographic channel and I would love to see the History Channel in HD.

Also, Regional Fox Sports, and G4.

You forgot the "DIVINE Gay and Lesbian Channel" in your poll, 'cause if you voted for it, you would have won.

The gay channel isn't an added channel either. They have been restructuring the Cinema channels for quite a while. I think they are finally getting them right. Hopefully, now that they are becoming all categorized, they will be able to focus more on getting some better content to fit into those categories.

Of course I would love to see even more HD programming, but I agree with several others about USA. TOUCHING EVIL and MONK are 2 great shows. I still have my cable too so I can get FOOD, HGTV, LIFETIME, and my favorite BBC AMERICA. TOUCHING EVIL was originally a BBC show that has been remade. The original COUPLING is a riot. BBC has great comedy and drama. I want my BBC!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts