The New Encore Channels.

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
What do people think about the new Encore Channels? From bad to worse? Seems like I never watch it anymore. Just a lot of retreads and two-star movies.

I was looking forward to the change, but after the change really don't watch them

They used to show a lot of classic movies, now they seem to specialize in direct to dvd films, not worth $5 a month. Wish they would drop it from the 250 package and sell it a la carte.

They used to show a lot of classic movies, now they seem to specialize in direct to dvd films, not worth $5 a month. Wish they would drop it from the 250 package and sell it a la carte.

Should drop the price of top 250 by $6.00 if they did drop them. Then they could just reorganize the programming packs in to two and split the difference in costs.

I would bet that the ala carte price for Encore is higher than the cost of them to be in AT250. Dropping them from AT250 would probably only save $3-$4 from the package price.

I would bet that the ala carte price for Encore is higher than the cost of them to be in AT250. Dropping them from AT250 would probably only save $3-$4 from the package price.
At best. Probably more like $1-2.00.

I will take a $5 discount on AT 250 and they can keep their Encore. That Westerns channel has been playing the same movies for the last 10 years.

I will take a $5 discount on AT 250 and they can keep their Encore. That Westerns channel has been playing the same movies for the last 10 years.
There probably hasn't been many westerns made in the last ten years. It is not a great genre that attracts many but the oldest of the viewers, who grew up watching that sort of thing: like my DAD- who can watch the same damn westerns and war movies till my head explodes.

It is not a great genre that attracts many but the oldest of the viewers, who grew up watching that sort of thing: like my DAD- who can watch the same damn westerns and war movies till my head explodes.

How about Cowboys vs Aliens? Do either of your heads explode while watching that one? ;)

Just like Showtime, other than the main channel the channel I really want to watch is only in SD on DISH. I really wish Encore Action and Showtime Beyond were in HD. Encores problem is they are just sub channels of Starz. Encore used to have theme, 80's and before. Today they only get reruns of what's aired on Starz. I think it would benefit Encore if they dropped the whole genre classification and rebranded their networks Encore 20s/30s/40s (one channel) Encore 1950s & 60s , Encore 70s, Encore 80s, Encore 90s and then pick days to show certain genres. Starz can air movies from 2000 to present. Name the 2000s - 2010 channel Starz Millennium.

Another recent western, 3:10 to Yuma.

MY point about westerns is that they are no longer a main source of movies and tv shows like they were in their heyday of the 50's ,60's and 70's. Like Gunsmoke which ran from 1955 - 1975 ,a 20 year run. The people who watched this type of entertainment is much , much older and literally dieing out each year.

There probably hasn't been many westerns made in the last ten years. It is not a great genre that attracts many but the oldest of the viewers, who grew up watching that sort of thing: like my DAD- who can watch the same damn westerns and war movies till my head explodes.
I'm with your dad. The majority (in my opinion) of today's movies are crap.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts