Remote stopped working

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
My remote control suddenly stopped working. The mode lights on the top constantly blink bit I cannot get control of my receiver or tv. I tried to reset the receiver and took batteries out of the remote with no luck.

I do not think it is paired anymore. I do have a second remote paired with the Hopper. I went in the settings and remote setup and only the second remote is paired. How can I re pair it.

I do not think it is paired anymore. I do have a second remote paired with the Hopper. I went in the settings and remote setup and only the second remote is paired. How can I re pair it.
At the Hopper control panel press Sys Info button. On your remote control press the Sat button. In a few seconds it should pair.

Last edited:
If you press and hold the satellite button for a few seconds, do all the other lights light up and then go out? If so, then press and hold 0 and recall for 3 seconds, release, press search, release, press volume up, release, press stop and it should beep 3 times. If it does, open system info on the front panel of the Hopper and then press SAT on the remote and it should hopefully beep 3x again.

If you press and hold the satellite button for a few seconds, do all the other lights light up and then go out? If so, then press and hold 0 and recall for 3 seconds, release, press search, release, press volume up, release, press stop and it should beep 3 times. If it does, open system info on the front panel of the Hopper and then press SAT on the remote and it should hopefully beep 3x again.

What does this procedure do lucky86?

That's a more complicated procedure which also pairs the remote. It's another option to try when pressing and holding SAT isn't working. I'm familiar with it because I had to resort to it once when I swapped the locations of my two Hoppers and my remote wouldn't pair otherwise.

Generally when the lights flash like that it means the batteries are low but unlinking and linking it again may do the trick.

That's a more complicated procedure which also pairs the remote. It's another option to try when pressing and holding SAT isn't working. I'm familiar with it because I had to resort to it once when I swapped the locations of my two Hoppers and my remote wouldn't pair otherwise.

WOW, good info, thanks carpexnoctem. Where did you learn this procedure? Do you have a complete list to perform other alternate programing procedures for the remote control? I would like a way to put the remote back to default settings. Sometimes when I am having an issue with a remote control, I think it would be nice to return it back to factory default settings so I know it is clear of any screw ups I was inputting.

Generally when the lights flash like that it means the batteries are low but unlinking and linking it again may do the trick.
When the batteries are low for my remote, a small box appears whenever I use it which says "Remote battery low" or something to that effect. It goes away once I've replaced the remote with fully charged batteries.

When the batteries are low for my remote, a small box appears whenever I use it which says "Remote battery low" or something to that effect. It goes away once I've replaced the remote with fully charged batteries.

Usually daily I go into the System Info screen for three of my Hoppers and see the remotes that have low batteries and change them.