The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

It is amazing. My iPad has my whole library. It's a beautiful thing. Can't wait for my iPhone to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Its amazing...

I got an email letting me know my iPhones have shipped. In checking the tracking number my phone has already gone from China to Hong Kong and is set to be here by the end of the day on Friday.

How do they ship something from China and have it get to me in two days? Amazing!

I send something to someone two states away and it takes 3 - 4 days... How can something get here from China that fast? (Hell how does it make it through customs so fast?)

It's an amazing thing!

I preordered mine in an AT&T Corporate owned location on 10/7 at around 1pm. About a dozen staffers on hand, and about a half dozen people in the store. Got it ordered and they told me it would take 10-15 business days to get to me, which means 10/21-10/28. Meanwhile, the AppleCare package I also ordered showed up yesterday. Gee, thanks.

My old 3G has gotten so pokey after "improvements and bug fix" software updates that it locks up twice a day and requires a 7 minute reboot. I got it in 7/2009 (the 3GS was out of stock at the time). I need this to get here. Half of my apps have stopped working while ones like Google barely perform (it takes two minutes to search for something as key presses take a few seconds to register).

Still no word from Verizon on our preorder we did Friday evening. My credit card also has not been charged as of this morning. I really wish Verizon would give me a status update at least to let me know where we are in the preorder queue.

Just got the order confirmation for our 4S's in the email. It says estimated delivery date 10/28. I did the preorder for them on the evening of the 7th. There must have been A LOT of preorders more than I thought done that day!

The email confirmation doesn't show the our current phone numbers that should be assigned to the two iPhones though.

Just got the order confirmation for our 4S's in the email. It says estimated delivery date 10/28. I did the preorder for them on the evening of the 7th. There must have been A LOT of preorders more than I thought done that day!

The email confirmation doesn't show the our current phone numbers that should be assigned to the two iPhones though.

Well you know, it really was a failed launch; nobody wanted that phone because it wasn't LTE or it didn't have a 5" screen. ;)

Got my shipment notice. Tracking number has been generated. UPS 2nd Day. Friday will be a long day, but will end well. :) (I did change trains so I get home at 7 instead of 10! ) :D

Normally only the ones ordered directly from Apple are delivered on Launch Day. The phone companies always deliver later.

Makes sense. If we didn't need the 3rd line to be a basic phone (for my mother-in-law) we would have gone straight through Apple.

Odd as when we preordered on the phone our rep told us right there that they would deliver no later than the 21st.

JAG72 said:
I am actually even thinking of dropping my wife's iPhone plan down to the 200MB plan. She rarely goes over 200MB and it would only be an extra $10 on the months that she does.
Oh, you will find out otherwise on AT&T. Yes, it's $10 IF you know that you are going to exceed 200 MB and upgrade to the 2 GB plan. If you are like me and don't notice until it's too late, AT&T will hit you with a $15 fee for another 200 MB.

I'm waiting a few weeks to a few months. No need to get the latest and greatest right away when the older still works perfectly fine (I have a 3GS). I have to wait to decide if I want to stay with ATT or go to Sprint. Verizon is not an option as I will not be able to get an unlimited data plan and my cost will increase too much.

ETA: Plus it allows others to find the bugs first (such as the antenna issue with the iPhone 4)

Last edited: