The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

It took an iTunes sync for the photos to show. However my videos don't. Also, how do I get my contact pictures from my Android to show and my custom ringtones as well?

How about dropped calls? This is still a phone isn't it?:)
I have the 3GS and dropped calls have always been a problem. Maybe the antenna fix is on the 4GS?

How about dropped calls? This is still a phone isn't it?:)
I have the 3GS and dropped calls have always been a problem. Maybe the antenna fix is on the 4GS?
Never had any issues with dropped calls on either one of our 2 3GS's. Of course, we seldom talk on the phone anyway

I was duly impressed with HOW EASY the setup was. I went through the setup screens, turned on iCloud, and by the time I was done with the settings, the phone was activated -- completely on its own. Then connected to itunes, and it identified 120 apps and started installing them. The LONGEST time was spent in itunes rearranging apps into my own menus (pretty much trying to replicate my iPad look) and deleting all the stupid games my kid has from his iPod touch. Since the calendars and contacts were already setup in iCloud, everything was easy as could be. The only thing I will need to do is add in phone numbers from my google contacts, which I am really no longer using. But I can do all of that in the Contacts app on my mac, and it will sync instantly.

This is a great device. And I love the consistency with everything.

I was duly impressed with HOW EASY the setup was. I went through the setup screens, turned on iCloud, and by the time I was done with the settings, the phone was activated -- completely on its own. Then connected to itunes, and it identified 120 apps and started installing them. The LONGEST time was spent in itunes rearranging apps into my own menus (pretty much trying to replicate my iPad look) and deleting all the stupid games my kid has from his iPod touch. Since the calendars and contacts were already setup in iCloud, everything was easy as could be. The only thing I will need to do is add in phone numbers from my google contacts, which I am really no longer using. But I can do all of that in the Contacts app on my mac, and it will sync instantly.

Every time I upgrade with iTunes I have to go to the ATT store to get the phone authorized and on the air...

rockymtnhigh said:

I have my google contacts automatically sync to the iPhone. I never have to worry about being on an android or iPhone because they both sync well with the google contacts.

Yeah this my easiest upgrade ever for my phone. Loving iCloud.

Working on my wifes right now. I actually upgraded her phone on a different line so I need to call in, and it was an old 3G so no iCloud backup.

I like iTunes Wi-Fi syncing, but I don't like that it takes going to Settings - General - iTunes Wi-Fi Sync to do it.

Apple should develop an app or have a shortcut button that you can put on your home screen to do this.

Well, I got a bumper case from Amazon ($3.99 compared with $29 from Apple), and of course, it does not fit the 4S perfectly. The silent button has been moved just a smidge, so while the bumper fits, it makes it hard to turn it on or off. I'll return it. I guess it will go naked for a day, and tomorrow I'll head over to Best Buy and pick out a case.

Well, I got a bumper case from Amazon ($3.99 compared with $29 from Apple), and of course, it does not fit the 4S perfectly. The silent button has been moved just a smidge, so while the bumper fits, it makes it hard to turn it on or off. I'll return it. I guess it will go naked for a day, and tomorrow I'll head over to Best Buy and pick out a case.

I went with an otterbox commuter through amazon. $3.99 next day shipping (thanks prime). Not bulky at all, and good protection.

The problem with an Otterbox is that it defeats the purpose of getting a thin light phone that can fit in your pocket. The case makes the phone way too thick

I like Incipio for my iDevices. I bought silicone slips for the iPod nano and touch a couple of years ago. I recently picked up the Feather case for my iPhone 4 to replace my free Apple bumper case. The rubber edges on the bumper started to peel away after months of slipping the bumper on and off so I could put my iPhone in its dock (save yourself money and just dock your iPhone using the USB dock cable). I eventually gave up on using the desk dock, but the bumper case was ruined by then.

I picked up the Black Chrome finish (http://www.myincipio.com/iPhone-4-4...e-4-4S-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp) Feather hard shell case which has a nice feel to it without being as slick as the iPhone's glass.

For all you people getting your first iPhone 4, be very careful where you set your uncased phone. Any incline at all will be like a sheet of ice that your phone will slide down, maybe to your floor. Fortunately, I have carpeted floors, but I learned quickly to not do that. A pile of papers is the worse to set your new naked iPhone 4S.

I like iTunes Wi-Fi syncing, but I don't like that it takes going to Settings - General - iTunes Wi-Fi Sync to do it.

Apple should develop an app or have a shortcut button that you can put on your home screen to do this.

Thats not the apple way. All settings in one place. :)

I like Incipio for my iDevices. I bought silicone slips for the iPod nano and touch a couple of years ago. I recently picked up the Feather case for my iPhone 4 to replace my free Apple bumper case. The rubber edges on the bumper started to peel away after months of slipping the bumper on and off so I could put my iPhone in its dock (save yourself money and just dock your iPhone using the USB dock cable). I eventually gave up on using the desk dock, but the bumper case was ruined by then.

I picked up the Black Chrome finish (Incipio iPhone 4 4S feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, iPhone 4 Cases, iPhone 4S Cases, iPhone 4 Hard Cases, iPhone 4S Soft Cases, iPhone 4 Carrying Cases, iPhone 4S Protective Cases) Feather hard shell case which has a nice feel to it without being as slick as the iPhone's glass.

For all you people getting your first iPhone 4, be very careful where you set your uncased phone. Any incline at all will be like a sheet of ice that your phone will slide down, maybe to your floor. Fortunately, I have carpeted floors, but I learned quickly to not do that. A pile of papers is the worse to set your new naked iPhone 4S.

I discovered the sheet of ice. I still don't understand why the glass back. Does not make a lot of sense to me.

I definitely need a case. And will go out looking tomorrow.

The problem with an Otterbox is that it defeats the purpose of getting a thin light phone that can fit in your pocket. The case makes the phone way too thick

Not with the commuter series. It adds very little bulk, and provides good protection. The defender series (I think) is much bulkier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)