The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

Classic Apple. The silent button is off by a few milimeters on the 4S, so for the cases that have a cut-out for it,... they are off by a millimeter or two. Would have gotten the otterbox commuter, but its off. Ended up getting a clear rocketfish rubber case. Simple, but it will do what i need.

One of my co-workers should have the 4S at work tomorrow so I'll see if my Incipio case fits his phone. I expect he'll be getting a new Otterbox since he has the Defender and it sounds like the mute switch got moved a silly millimeter.

Has anybody tried asking Siri "how do you feel?" or other light conversation starters? I wonder if Siri would get involved with a political request or question. It seems she'll quote British comedy when asked for the Meaning of Life.

How is the battery life on the 4s compared to the 3GS? Anyone come out with a battery charge case that will FIT the 4s?
Can anyone comment on the new antenna from the 4s using AT&T.

Question. Didn't want to start a whole thread with just this one question.

Will GPS still work on an inactive iPhone? Will you still be able to do APP updates as well?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Nope. I deactivated a 3G and was hoping Navagon would still work. It comes up but the location services are disabled.

One of my co-workers should have the 4S at work tomorrow so I'll see if my Incipio case fits his phone. I expect he'll be getting a new Otterbox since he has the Defender and it sounds like the mute switch got moved a silly millimeter.

Has anybody tried asking Siri "how do you feel?" or other light conversation starters? I wonder if Siri would get involved with a political request or question. It seems she'll quote British comedy when asked for the Meaning of Life.

I asked her. She says, she is well. :)

IMG_0013-fixed.jpg

Here was her latest response. :)

I just dictated a series of text messages and then wrote an email using Siri. This is amazing technology. Just incredible stuff. I hope they activate it on the iPad 2 sometime soon.

I have been VERY impressed with the battery life with the 4S. I charged it overnight like usual and went to church this morning taking my phone with me. I am sitting here now and I still have 75% battery left after using it some earlier at home over the wifi.

The EVO would be down close to 30% if not less by this time of the day.

Neutron said:
I have been VERY impressed with the battery life with the 4S. I charged it overnight like usual and went to church this morning taking my phone with me. I am sitting here now and I still have 75% battery left after using it some earlier at home over the wifi.

The EVO would be down close to 30% if not less by this time of the day.
I can tell you that sounds about right based on my iPhone 4. I dock it to my Mac when I go to bed and pull it off in the morning to track my breakfast and read my e-mails before heading to work. With occasional use at work I usually come home with 65%-80% showing on the battery.

Apple replaced my first iPhone 4 when my battery suddenly would not last until 4pm and the phone was noticeably hot, like the A4 was crunching the last digits of pi. The Apple Genius was intrigued and after we tried a few things, they agreed there was something wrong with my iPhone and replaced it.

Since then my battery life has been pretty much like I described (unless I unleash the birds on the pigs). ;)

We noticed our iPhones over the weekend would get quite warm after some mild use, and for some reason last night I couldn't send a friend a picture through text until I restarted my phone, TWICE. The first restart the phone couldn't find the Verizon network. The second restart fixed that and allowed me to send the picture.

Ordered my 4s today. How do I get all apps,mail,music,etc. on to my 4s from my 3GS? I have iPad, itouch but only want 3GS data on my 4s.

Ordered my 4s today. How do I get all apps,mail,music,etc. on to my 4s from my 3GS? I have iPad, itouch but only want 3GS data on my 4s.

I think the easiest way will be to upgrade your 3GS to iOS5 and set up an iCloud account. After that you can back up your 3GS to the iCloud.

AKGolf said:
I think the easiest way will be to upgrade your 3GS to iOS5 and set up an iCloud account. After that you can back up your 3GS to the iCloud.

I already updated iOS5 on my 3GS with iCloud. Can music be backed up with iCloud?

Neutron said:
Back up your 3GS in iTunes and do an iTunes restore during the setup of your 4S.

I think this one got it.:)
Thanks guys!!
Will it ask me the device I want to restore from during setup?

As others havw said do a backup of the old device then a restore to the new one. Just make sure that you are backing up all those things and that you do not have boxes unchecked for indivudual apps or music.

Thanks Chief!
How good is iTunes restoring passwords on email accounts? I have several on my iPhone for work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts