The next 2 universities being looked at for taking gifts/money: The U and Alabama!

All I got to say is that the SEC better get ready, because they're next. Two of the implicated coaches from this Miami scandal are now coaching in 'Bama. Guess who's door is being knocked on next???

All I got to say is that the SEC better get ready, because they're next. Two of the implicated coaches from this Miami scandal are now coaching in 'Bama. Guess who's door is being knocked on next???

Yes, they are, and even if they are involved, they cant punish bama for THIS incident. Not saying that they wont find something else to get us for, but it wont be for what happened at Miami.

If Bama is smart, they will keep these guys on, until more concrete info comes out, then if it is true, they will part ways.

You know, I am getting a strange feeling that they will not get a death penalty. I mean given to what happened to SMU and the financial ramafications this could have on a school and a community, I have a strange feeling they are gonna get nailed to the wall JUST SHORT of a death penalty. Now I am NOT saying(before the usual suspects put words in my mouth) that IF everything that is alleged is proved to be true, they do not deserve the death penalty....What I am saying is before ANY NCAA infractions team makes a decision THAT final, you can best be sure that city leaders in Miami and anywhere else where there is a possibility of a death penalty can take place, there will be discussions on what is best for the community as a whole.

I bet they get a long penalty, something like 7 or 8 years of probation.

I agree totally. The school has to fess up to EVERYTHING, not matter how ugly it may get...and by the sound of the allegations, the ONLY thing left to make it sound worse would be for the players to be involved in human sacrifices...and I am not trying to be funny with that comment. The U cannot do anything about the coaches that were involved because they are gone. Though I do not think they will get the death penalty for the reasons I stated earlier, I think the ONLY way they can possibly avoid it would be to lay it all out on the table.

And by they way, I was the one that stated that they cannot be watched 24/7. I have also stated that a scholarship is just not enough in this modern economy that we live in. As you stated, giving them something in their pocket may not completely stop it, but it may slow down the temptation just a little. I mean if I am poor kid living in poverty and someone where to offer me $1000 in cash...I doubt highly that I would say no.

What would help put alot is IF the NFL would get involved in some way, but they don't give a crap about college football except "send me up that stud running back".

Did you?

You know, I am getting a strange feeling that they will not get a death penalty.
I don't think so either. Alabama looked for sure to get it, but the NCAA backed off there as well and just punished them heavily.
If Miami gets "convicted", they'll be punished heavily but I don't see the death penalty ever being used again.

I didn't....but NO ONE offered me a grand...just like that. Yeah I was offered dinners and the such. But I was not good enough to be offered that kind of money. IF I WAS... and considering the financial strain my family was under, I would have to say I would.

I didn't....but NO ONE offered me a grand...just like that. Yeah I was offered dinners and the such. But I was not good enough to be offered that kind of money. IF I WAS... and considering the financial strain my family was under, I would have to say I would.

It would be really hard to turn down for me too if I were in that situation too.

I bet they get a long penalty, something like 7 or 8 years of probation.

I was reading on the SMU situation and how they come about getting the death penalty. SMU had been placed on probation 5 times in 11 years...THE truest form of lack of institutional control. Think about that. 5 times in 11 years.....AND they were STILL on probabtion when the "slush fund" scandal hit the university.

I also think the ESPN is going way overboard on the story and is pissed they got outscooped by some sports website. Mark my words that they did that to Ohio State(my opinion...they intentionally kept that story on the airwaves because they were out scooped there AGAIN) will be small peanuts compared to what they are gonna do to Miami.:rant:

My prediction is, Miami will be on the longest probation ever given to any university. About 5 years....AT LEAST. They will have drastically reduced scholarships...I would say more than half, the 1st 3 years of the probation. They will not be allowed in a bowl for 3 years and they will not be seen on TV for 2.

Harsh....yep, IF half of the allegations are true...deserved.

You have NO IDEA how much it hurts to even say what I just said.:(:(:(

I was reading on the SMU situation and how they come about getting the death penalty. SMU had been placed on probation 5 times in 11 years...THE truest form of lack of institutional control. Think about that. 5 times in 11 years.....AND they were STILL on probabtion when the "slush fund" scandal hit the university.

I also think the ESPN is going way overboard on the story and is pissed they got outscooped by some sports website. Mark my words that they did that to Ohio State(my opinion...they intentionally kept that story on the airwaves because they were out scooped there AGAIN) will be small peanuts compared to what they are gonna do to Miami.:rant:

My prediction is, Miami will be on the longest probation ever given to any university. About 5 years....AT LEAST. They will have drastically reduced scholarships...I would say more than half, the 1st 3 years of the probation. They will not be allowed in a bowl for 3 years and they will not be seen on TV for 2.

Harsh....yep, IF half of the allegations are true...deserved.

You have NO IDEA how much it hurts to even say what I just said.:(:(:(
de madre!!!

you think theres any chance this will just kill the program? or you think it'll survive this period of probation?

Like I said, with this ecomomy, what the death penalty did to SMU(and remember, Miami is as small or smaller than SMU was back then) and the fact that Miami, for the most part, has been a well behaved school before all this crap hit the fan....I doubt they will get the death penalty. But I also believe that their penalties will depend on The U's cooperation in the investigation AND how much of this crap is true. From what I have read locally and seen, ALOT could be circumstancial stuff that cannot be proved it involved a player or coach. We shall see....

...but either way, we're in DEEEPPP sh**!

because your team might be punished so bad, you won't be able to compete for a VERY, VERY, long time.

So you give up on a team because of that? NOPE. Not me and not many fans of The U. On top of that, Florida is the most fertile state for football talent in the country, when things get back to normal, there will be PLENTY of kids that will like to bring The U back to national relevance.

So you give up on a team because of that? NOPE. Not me and not many fans of The U. On top of that, Florida is the most fertile state for football talent in the country, when things get back to normal, there will be PLENTY of kids that will like to bring The U back to national relevance.

Hmmm. I hope so.

I ran across this this morning. Absolutely classic!

TheU.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts