The NFL Blotter Report

Is it just me or does AP just not seem like the violent type. He always seemed like a cool headed person. I truly believe he didn't think he was doing anything wrong other than disciplining his child, that doesn't make it right though. I just have a little more forgiveness towards him than some other people. Hopefully this makes him a better parent and now that he may not be playing much longer he can spend more time being a parent.

Is it just me or does AP just not seem like the violent type. He always seemed like a cool headed person. I truly believe he didn't think he was doing anything wrong other than disciplining his child, that doesn't make it right though. I just have a little more forgiveness towards him than some other people. Hopefully this makes him a better parent and now that he may not be playing much longer he can spend more time being a parent.
Charles Barkley said that for black families in the south,what AP did is common place & that a lot of parents(if not all) would be in jail if faced with the same scrutiny that AP is facing. Now I do believe that AP went too far. One problem is that his son doesn't even live with him & he & the boy's mother are not married &/or living together. The son was a guest at his house. If he acted up,AP should have spoken to him first. As I said before,to this boy,AP was just a stranger who claims to be his father. A father didn't spank him,a stranger assaulted him.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Charles Barkley said that for black families in the south,what AP did is common place & that a lot of parents(if not all) would be in jail if faced with the same scrutiny that AP is facing. Now I do believe that AP went too far. One problem is that his son doesn't even live with him & he & the boy's mother are not married &/or living together. The son was a guest at his house. If he acted up,AP should have spoken to him first. As I said before,to this boy,AP was just a stranger who claims to be his father. A father didn't spank him,a stranger assaulted him.
You don't know what happened before hand.

NO TMZ wasn't there , just in case.

*My neighbor keeps dumping his grass clippings behind my yard. I keep asking him not to. I think next time he does it, I'll just get a branch and whip him with it. That'll teach him to do it again. Than when someone pisses my kids off, they can do the same thing and say it's what their dad did and in their culture.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

*My neighbor keeps dumping his grass clippings behind my yard. I keep asking him not to. I think next time he does it, I'll just get a branch and whip him with it. That'll teach him to do it again. Than when someone pisses my kids off, they can do the same thing and say it's what their dad did and in their culture.

The question is,how do you discipline YOUR children? If I took a switch to my neighbor,THAT IS ASSAULT PERIOD. But,concerning your OWN children,"spare the rod & spoil the brat" is believed by a lot of parents.

What could a 4 year old possibly do to deserve to be beat like that?

According to Adrian Peterson,he pushed a 5 year old(his brother from another mother),who Adrian Peterson is the baby daddy of from another baby mama,at AP's home in Texas. My question to AP is,"did your father beat you like that(because I highly doubt that there was father present in AP' s life,just a "sperm donor." I'm sorry for going there,but I'm sure it's the truth nonetheless).

Last edited:
Peterson has been Banned by the Vikings until this case has been resolved ....
So, Peterson will not be playing this week as previously thought might be the case.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11541346/adrian-peterson-barred-all-minnesota-vikings-activities
Adrian Peterson,impregnating as many women as possible does not make you a "father," it makes you a sperm donor.
OK,now that I got THAT out of my system,this is Ray Rice revisited. The Vikings should never have reactivated him. It seems like they have their finger up in the air to gauge "mob rule",er,I mean "public opinion." Due process is being thrown out the window & being replaced with "Jerry Springer justice." They're not seeking the truth,they're seeking public opinion. I hope this type of attitude doesn't seep into our law enforcement justice system or we're all f**ked. This is definitely a perversion of "participatory democracy." Is this how you want your jury to be if you ever end up in court over something? For those who say that the Adrian Peterson is not on trial yet in the court system,yes he is. He's on trial in the "court of public opinion," & they're his judge,jury,& executioner. This is vigilante justice & a "lynch mob."

Reactions: osu1991
Adrian Peterson,impregnating as many women as possible does not make you a "father," it makes you a sperm donor.
OK,now that I got THAT out of my system,this is Ray Rice revisited. The Vikings should never have reactivated him. It seems like they have their finger up in the air to gauge "mob rule",er,I mean "public opinion." Due process is being thrown out the window & being replaced with "Jerry Springer justice." They're not seeking the truth,they're seeking public opinion. I hope this type of attitude doesn't seep into our law enforcement justice system or we're all f**ked. This is definitely a perversion of "participatory democracy." Is this how you want your jury to be if you ever end up in court over something? For those who say that the Adrian Peterson is not on trial yet in the court system,yes he is. He's on trial in the "court of public opinion," & they're his judge,jury,& executioner. This is vigilante justice & a "lynch mob."
Adrian Peterson beat a child? Two Children? Get a rope*. I bet I get a lot of likes for "this statement.":confused:
*And NOT to beat him with,IF you get my meaning.;) Mob justice? Mob rule.

Reactions: Kraven
Ah ya ya....

Regarding Ray Rice, am upset as the way the NFL "fumbled" it more than what Rice did. Had they punished him adequately at the beginning, this whole saga would be a non-issue.

As for the Vikings... just goes to show to some, its all about the bottom line. By not releasing/trading AP, but "deactivating" him for 1 game only to be reactivated the next day shows their willingness to overlook his actions for the sake of wins and profit. Took a few sponsors to walk away for them to realize AP at this point is more of a reliability then anything else.

Even before the "video" surfaced, Rice maned up and took responsibility...AP on the other hand seems to be blaming his parents. Sorry AP but primary agents of socialization is not a defense.

Had belts, switches and paddles used on me growing up,but it was very few instances, in the cases I was whipped I deserved it, I certainly didn't make the same mistake twice.Having to go cut your own switch was worse than the actual whipping.Gave plenty of time to dwell on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)