The NL West

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I figured since there are 4 threads of all the divisions so far, I figured to make a thread of one of the divisions that hasnt been posted.

The NL West. Talk about futility. The division isnt very good. The D-Backs started well last year and fell apart. The Padres won it in 05, with an 82-80
record. Can the Padres win the NL West considering the fact payroll is being slashed because the owner is going through a divorce? Do the Dodgers have enough to get over the hump and win the NL West?

I figured since there are 4 threads of all the divisions so far, I figured to make a thread of one of the divisions that hasnt been posted.

The NL West. Talk about futility. The division isnt very good. The D-Backs started well last year and fell apart. The Padres won it in 05, with an 82-80
record. Can the Padres win the NL West considering the fact payroll is being slashed because the owner is going through a divorce? Do the Dodgers have enough to get over the hump and win the NL West?

Count the Friars out for sure. So we are down to Dodgers, Giants, DBacks and Rockies. Manny or not, the Dodgers have some serious pitching issues. Plus Kemp and Ethier need to learn not to be such selfish hotheads. As for the other three teams, it is truly (as has been in recent past) the team playing the best ball who will win the pennant.

YAWN!

Are there any fans of NL West teams on here?

They're the only division where I can't think of any that are consistent posters.

AL East- Bill and Sandra

AL Central- HD, Jimbo, and Wozniak

AL West- KCK

NL East- mets82 and salsa

NL Central- long-suffering Pittsburgh Pirate fans

NL West- can't think of any

Count the Friars out for sure. So we are down to Dodgers, Giants, DBacks and Rockies. Manny or not, the Dodgers have some serious pitching issues. Plus Kemp and Ethier need to learn not to be such selfish hotheads. As for the other three teams, it is truly (as has been in recent past) the team playing the best ball who will win the pennant.

YAWN!

But look at this way, it makes the AL West, especially the Angels, look really good!!!

And if the A's, Rangers or Mariners don't show like they even WANT to compete this season I may just hibernate at the beach till October!!!!!:p

I live in cold, rainy Connecticut and your in Los Angeles. Im surprised your not hibernating at the beach right now!!! Hell, I would!!!:) :up

I live in cold, rainy Connecticut and your in Los Angeles. Im surprised your not hibernating at the beach right now!!! Hell, I would!!!:) :up

If I told you what the weather was like you wouldn't understand...but it's damned COLD out here in L.A. today. Not beach weather at all.

But it's temporary!!!:D:cool::D:cool:

Are there any fans of NL West teams on here?

They're the only division where I can't think of any that are consistent posters.

AL East- Bill and Sandra

AL Central- HD, Jimbo, and Wozniak

AL West- KCK

NL East- mets82 and salsa

NL Central- long-suffering Pittsburgh Pirate fans

NL West- can't think of any

FIREBIRD81 is my seemingly lone Angel buddy here. :confused:

There is a Dodgers supporter here. I believe he goes by Dodger King.:up

Also, you can add our beloved MikeI (who will next week once again begin his dutiful daily postings) as a longtime Angels fan. Sorry, Mike. I shoulda remembered you right away. ;)

OK, who was "Shaggy"?

Lincecum.....

tim-lincecum-ap2.jpg

I hope he's not a "one year wonder". I wish he was a Tiger. We need some new "studs" n baseball, especially in view of what has transpired the last few years.

Surprise the Padres are in first place but it looks like the Mets will win tonight and break there 5 game winning streak.

Over/under: 101 losses for San Diego?
I'll take the under.

So far: 7-3. Split with the hated Dodgers - swept the lowly Giants - took a series from the Mets away.

Heath Bell is 5-0 in save opportunities. After setting up Hoffman for a while, he now comes into his own as a closer.

Do I think they can take the West? No, but I can see 80 to 85 wins. If they do well against the Phillies this weekend, they could be in the chase all year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts