The NL West

I forgot about him.

The problem is that he posts once in a blue moon- did not post once during the playoffs.
The blue moon has come...three months later. ;)

I pretty much like to only post about technology on this site. I reserve all of my sports posts for the sports sites.

UPDATE ON THE DIAMONDBACKS:
Not only was Melvin fired but Hitting Coach Rick Schu was also canned...D'backs has the lowest ranked offense in the NL.
Pitching Coach Bryan Price, who is a close friend of Melvin and followed Melvin to the D'backs from the Mariners, resigned.

From Reports, Player Development Director AJ Hinch will be named the new Manager.

For those who don't know it...the LAFD has long had a ban in place against banners, flags, etc. at Dodger Stadium. A huge flap occured during the recent WBC games when security literally ripped flags from the hands of visiting teams' fans. Public apologies were all over the place.

Why then were there so many MANNY banners, flags and signs all over Dodger Stadium? All of a sudden...fearing the lo$$ of revenue from Mannywood and Manny items from the gift shops...it seems McCourt & Co. are putting on a little campaign of their own to put on a "supportive" fan base-face to weather the storm.

It seems VERY odd to me that all of a sudden tons of banners, etc. appear in the stands.:confused:

Maybe, I'm wrong here but not having banners, pennants etc. at Dodger Stadium is stupid. I mean as long as they were not risque or anything, what's the harm? Also, how many banners and/or pennants are at a given game?

Obviously, the Manny banners are there to make money and to see an attraction. When it comes to this, $$$$, people overlook A LOT of things.

Maybe, I'm wrong here but not having banners, pennants etc. at Dodger Stadium is stupid. I mean as long as they were not risque or anything, what's the harm? Also, how many banners and/or pennants are at a given game?

Obviously, the Manny banners are there to make money and to see an attraction. When it comes to this, $$$$, people overlook A LOT of things.

Dodger Stadium sits in the middle of Chavez Ravine and is (despite a huge surrounding parking lot) built right up alongside a big, lush hillside full of nice, combustable greenery. Since it's opening in 1962, the L.A. Fire Dept. has enforced a certain code outlawing tailgating and forbidding the displaying of banners or signage of any kind by fans.

That is why what I saw on display last night took my breath away. There's been some inner-politicing going on amidst the McCourt crowd.

To Dodger King and any other Dodger fans here...

Good luck this weekend. Here's to a hard fought, cleanly played series of games. The Angels have a tough row to hoe here with three in your ballpark where you just won't lose this year!

Bonus for me: Both local channels are covering the game. To listen to Vin call an Angels game on Memorial Day weekend = PRICELESS!!! :D

Go Angels!

To Dodger King and any other Dodger fans here...

Good luck this weekend. Here's to a hard fought, cleanly played series of games. The Angels have a tough row to hoe here with three in your ballpark where you just won't lose this year!

Bonus for me: Both local channels are covering the game. To listen to Vin call an Angels game on Memorial Day weekend = PRICELESS!!! :D

Go Angels!
Tonight is KCAL and FSNW

Tomorrow is KCOP and FSNPT. KCOP still does not do an HD broadcast of the Angels games.

Notice that every single Dodgers game is in HD, while just a little over 1/2 of the Angels games are in HD? None of them on KCOP are in HD and many of the road broadcast on FSNW are not in HD. I wonder why that is? Every Dodgers game on FSNPT is in HD.

Anyway, the Angels will be getting their own RSN soon. I wonder if any of the providers will be carrying it right of the bat?

Lotsa talks going on...so I hear.

Good game last night. ;)
Actually it was. Game could have gone either way. One bad call by the ump in the first robbed the Dodgers of 2 runs and some damn good Defense by Hunter alone robbed them of even more runs. Angels played some damn good defense.

Actually it was. Game could have gone either way. One bad call by the ump in the first robbed the Dodgers of 2 runs and some damn good Defense by Hunter alone robbed them of even more runs. Angels played some damn good defense.

Funny, I was sorta tongue-in cheekin' it there, buddy. I truly thought the Angels were dodging bullets all night and just got lucky. In the post interview, Big Mike called it offensively one of the Angels' worst played games of the year.

For now, except for Speier (who looks like he has fallen from grace and will be traded) the bullpen has tightened itself up and can at least tread water now. :rolleyes:

Funny, I was sorta tongue-in cheekin' it there, buddy. I truly thought the Angels were dodging bullets all night and just got lucky. In the post interview, Big Mike called it offensively one of the Angels' worst played games of the year.

For now, except for Speier (who looks like he has fallen from grace and will be traded) the bullpen has tightened itself up and can at least tread water now. :rolleyes:
Both teams had innings in which they had a runner at 3rd with no outs or 1 out and couldn't get them in. Heck, most outs score them.

Just to let you know,[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=9&season=2009"]Moved Permanently[/ame](by ERA, fewest runs, lowest oppenent batting average), they have made most offenses look horrible. Look at how the Mets offense played against the Dodgers and the Phils as well. Not saying that their pitching will remain on top, just saying that is how it has been so far this year.

I hope I don't jinxed them by posting this...:p

San Diego was trailing Arizona 7-1, and came back to beat the D-Backs 9-7 in 10 innings.

The Padres have now won 10 in a row! :eek:

San Diego was trailing Arizona 7-1, and came back to beat the D-Backs 9-7 in 10 innings.

Totally surprises me. They started hot, then sucked for a while, and are now hot again. They always get hot when there are Peavy trade rumors or when the try to trade him. Perhaps it is a sign that they should keep him?

Last edited:

God Bless them! Everyone...and I mean EVERYONE counted them out before the first Spring Training game. I wish them all the best. They are in great hands with their new ownership.:up

Since we're around the first quarter of the season, I'm thinking at some of the biggest stories going on in all of baseball.

What are some of the early-season things that have occured that caught your eye?

I'll start with mine- feel free to add your own:

The new Yankee Stadium and its hitter-friendly dimensions- I think some people could look like Josh Hamilton in last year's Home Run Derby if they took BP there.

Since we're around the first quarter of the season, I'm thinking at some of the biggest stories going on in all of baseball.

What are some of the early-season things that have occured that caught your eye?

I'll start with mine- feel free to add your own:

The new Yankee Stadium and its hitter-friendly dimensions- I think some people could look like Josh Hamilton in last year's Home Run Derby if they took BP there.
Manny on the juice, or I should say being caught for being on the juice.

Hitter friendly? You sure are being kind to the Yanks and their screwed up stadium. I heard someone got a broken bat homerun the other day. its just ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)