The NL West

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Go Marlins! Too bad nobody will be there to see it. :p

For the weekend and a playoff caliber series....MAYBE in the upper 20s lower 30s...

..sad really....and NOW that the darlings of south Florida, the Dolphins, have started their season....the slightest inkling of the Marlins being OUT of the playoffs...they will get even less.

...funny how BOTH the Marlins AND the Heat have 3 championships between them and the Dolphins have won NOTHING since 1972....and they STILL get top billing.

I am tired of seeing the Rockies win games. It seems that every time I've turned them on over the last few weeks, they're winning.

I'll tell you look at whats happening in the NL West. The Dodgers, Giants and Rockies fighting for the NL West. The NL West which had a 82 win team make the playoffs in 2005 has become one of the top divisions in baseball.

Thanks Jon! Quite a disappointing weekend. I'd already had the wild card tied up (in my mind) when the Giants were up 6-1. Now it's Monday and we're staring at a 3 game defecit. Who'd have thought the Rockies and Giants would be 1 and 2 this late in the season? The only saving grace for my weekend was the Sunday loss by the Dodgers.

I'll tell you look at whats happening in the NL West. The Dodgers, Giants and Rockies fighting for the NL West. The NL West which had a 82 win team make the playoffs in 2005 has become one of the top divisions in baseball.

Yup! I'm luvin' this. The NL West was the laughing stock of MLB not long ago. But it seems like since Tracy took over thr Rockies the whole complexion of the division changed.

Now, if we could just get some more excitement in the AL West instead of a 2 horse race. :)

The "slumping" Dodgers won 3 out of 4 against the Cubs.
In 2 of the wins they scored 2 runs. One game, both runs were driven in by their best hitter, Randy Wolf, after an error which should have ended the inning.

The Dodgers offense really stinks of late and has for a while. They won 2 of 3 because they were playing a team that was struggling even more than they were.

The Dodgers have only won 2 series in the last few weeks, cannot beat a single decent pitcher, and cannot win against teams playing half way decent. As the season goes on, more and more people are starting to realize that the Dodgers are just like I predicted at the beginning of the season, a 3rd place team that will win a few more than they will lose.

This does not mean I am a bandwagon supporter or a hater of my team. People need to realize one can be a fan and still post an honest assessment of how good they really think their team is. In fact, as a fan it upsets me even more.

Now, I hope they win the series in CO. Doing so will increase the chance of the Dodgers going to the playoffs and me being wrong (God, I hope I am wrong). I just do not see this happening. Good news is that even if CO takes 2 of 3, they will only gain 1 game. The Dodgers just need to avoid being swept. If they are swept, then their season is defiantly over.

Only one word for tonight's game...B-R-U-T-A-L

I really feel bad for Zito. He's been the hard-luck pitcher for many games this season. Justin Miller needs to disappear...quickly!

Now, I hope they win the series in CO. Doing so will increase the chance of the Dodgers going to the playoffs and me being wrong (God, I hope I am wrong). I just do not see this happening. Good news is that even if CO takes 2 of 3, they will only gain 1 game. The Dodgers just need to avoid being swept. If they are swept, then their season is defiantly over.

We've (Colorado) have had a tough time vs LA this season... as I hope we do sweep, we shall see.... although watching that walk off grand slam over and over again is great!

We've (Colorado) have had a tough time vs LA this season... as I hope we do sweep, we shall see.... although watching that walk off grand slam over and over again is great!
That was pretty dramatic. I went to bed when SF was up 4 - 1 and woke up this morning assuming SF won the game. Boy was I shocked when I found out otherwise.

Let's hope those extra innings, late finish, and drama took a lot out of the Roxs... ;)

Every year the Dodgers handle the Roxs early, and then the Roxs get the best of LA during the last few series. I am glad that there are only 2 series left, counting this one. All the Dodgers have to do is win 1 of 3 from each (assuming nothing chances between the series) and that would be enough to keep the Dodgers in first place.

Of course, more than likely, the Roxs will end up taking over 1st between the two series anyway.

A Penny for San Francisco

I'm surprised that no team claimed him off waivers.
For a paltry sum of 100K, I think this is a very good move by the Giants after the Sadowsky and Martinez experiment and given the fact that nobody knows exactly when the big unit will be available.

Giants add Penny for pitching depth | MLB.com: News

Giants add Penny for pitching depth

Veteran reportedly signed after clearing waivers Monday

Veteran right-hander Brad Penny has reportedly found his new destination, and that landing spot is San Francisco.

SI.com reported Monday that Penny signed with the Giants after clearing waivers. The Giants already have a formidable starting rotation, with Matt Cain, Tim Lincecum, Barry Zito and Jonathan Sanchez. They also expect to get Randy Johnson in the bullpen at some point in September.

Penny was put on waivers last week by the Red Sox but wasn't claimed. This would've been his last day to sign with a team if he hoped to be on a postseason roster.

In 24 starts for Boston this year, the 31-year-old went 7-8 with a 5.61 ERA and posted an ERA of 8.31 in four August starts. For his career, Penny has 101 wins and a 4.18 ERA spanning 10 seasons.

The Giants (72-59) are tied for the National League Wild Card lead after sweeping the Rockies and are six games back of the Dodgers in the NL West. They'll pay Penny only a pro-rated share of the Major League minimum, which is less than $100,000, according to SI.com.

As a Dodgerfan I am happy to see that they added a cancer to their team.

I had a feeling that you were gonna say that. :D
I read about the bad rep that he had in LA, and true that he sucked in Boston, but nonetheless given the Giant's situation right now, I think he's just what the doctor ordered. I'm pretty sure he has still some gas left in his tank. Maybe 3 or 4starts until the johnson returns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts