The NL West

Even though the Padres took 2 of 3 from the Mets, they still dont have a very good lineup and rotation. I also have been hearing rumblings that they will trade Jake Peavy.

The Rockies are young, they have that going for them. If their starting pitching can remain consistent (and not consistently bad) they might have a shot for at least the wild card.

I grew up a Giants fan but when I moved out to Arkansas nine years ago from California I don't get to watch them. I also go to work early in the mornings I start at 5:30 so even if they are on i'm not staying up and watching.

Pads take 2 of 3 from the Phillies over the weekend, but drop one to the Giants last night on a grand slam off Peavey. Go figure.

Do you think that the Padres somewhat magical or whatever you want to call it run is over with. They've lost 3 in a row, so do you think the team will come back to earth and the Dodgers will start to pull ahead?

The Padres are somewhat like the Florida Marlins as they started out hot but have cooled off.

It was inevitable. And once they trade away Peavy, the sesson will just slowly suck down the drain.

But, there are MUCH brighter days ahead for the Friars with fine new ownership.

The Dodgers are hyping up the fact that they are now 10-0 at home this year like they just won the pennant. I mean...it's nice and I'm glad they are off to a good start but come on. Scully was carrying on about it during the top of the 9th yesterday like Koufax had come back to the bump!!!!!:rolleyes:

Is there anyone that realizes what is going down in Chavez Ravine this year?!

With last night's win, the Dodgers improved to 12-0 this year at home. This just tied a modern day record and they are 1 win away from setting a new milestone.

The defending NL West champions now share the mark with the 1911 Detroit Tigers, who accomplished the feat at Bennett Park the year before they moved into Tiger Stadium.

*Sidenote: Back to reality LA. The 1911 Tigers didn't even make it to the postseason that year, so this fast start doesn't necessarily mean you'll finish strong.

HD, see my post prior to yours. :)

As a footnote, last year under Torre, the Dodgers were streakier than a nudist in a cathedral. They'd win 10-12 in a row and then drop 8-10 in a row. So I expect the same this season.

Earlier they were hyping their early start with no consecutive losses (I think it got up to 8-0) and likened themselves to the '05 team that went 12-2 for starters. Trouble is that '05 team finished FOURTH in the NL West.

So what does it all mean?????!sadroll

Considering whats going on with the Yankees, Torre must be love being in LA. Think about it, while the Yankees are struggling, he is cruising right now.

Anybody surprised at the Giants so far? I've heard that maybe in a couple of yrs. there rotation will be very solid. I mean look at Lincecum. I mean I think he'll be around for a long time.

Lucky Number 13

Dodgers beat the Nats 10-3 (coincidence the total combined score is also 13?), to improve their home record to a perfect 13-0 this season.

With this win, the Dodgers set a new modern day record.

...and the McCourt$ $ee their prized po$$e$$ion $it for FIFTY game$...empty $eat$ in Mannywood...revenue$ down...all thi$ while they try and keep tho$e $mile$ on their face$...

PRICELESS!!!!:yes:yes:yes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts