The Nth nasty PS3 downgrade rumour

Since I, and i'm sure others, are a little buzzed out on all the rumors and gossip, how about a quick recap to go along with these stories? A tease if you will...

Phantom Insider says: The current designs despite having vents all over the place apparently still cant dissipate the heat to sufficient levels

Phantom Insider says: And yields on 3.2 Gigaherz CELL processors are too low

Red says: they can't produce them in mass supply still?

Phantom Insider says: so the final release might run only at 2.8 gigaherz
Phantom Insider says: The current designs despite having vents all over the place apparently still cant dissipate the heat to sufficient levels

Phantom Insider says: And yields on 3.2 Gigaherz CELL processors are too low

Red says: they can't produce them in mass supply still?

Phantom Insider says: so the final release might run only at 2.8 gigaherz

here you are purogamer

2, 2, two posts in one...Gonna go get me a stick of that doubleming bubbly gum, yeehaw...

Thanks. I don't get why people don't understand heat. You could sell the ps3 without a lid and it would still get too hot. It's not about where you place the vents, it's about the fans that you put inside it. These things don't suck in enough air, and they don't exhaust enough air. It's not a genesis anymore that can get by with stale-air cooling, they need more air circulation. They keep making these things harder to open and tinker with, but at the same time they're creating MORE of a need to open it and tinker with it just to get it to run cool...idiots...

This rumor is from June 10th. It is old news and has already been rebuffed by SONY. However, there is probably something going on as where there is smoke there is usually a fire. SONY can douse alot of flames by showing an actual PS3 running anything. There is supposed to be a big electronics show in Japan this weekend and SONY has said in the past that they would be showing the PS3 there.

Does anyone know when the Xbox360 first showed up before release? Just trying to get a timeline on the PS3. I still have a hard time seeing November as a release. I would rather see a 2007 release and the product be more mature than running out a product that is barely out of beta.

JoeSp said:
This rumor is from June 10th. It is old news and has already been rebuffed by SONY. However, there is probably something going on as where there is smoke there is usually a fire. SONY can douse alot of flames by showing an actual PS3 running anything. There is supposed to be a big electronics show in Japan this weekend and SONY has said in the past that they would be showing the PS3 there.

Does anyone know when the Xbox360 first showed up before release? Just trying to get a timeline on the PS3. I still have a hard time seeing November as a release. I would rather see a 2007 release and the product be more mature than running out a product that is barely out of beta.

I agree 100% I am happy with my 360 and ps2, those will keep my happy for awhile, heck even the ps2 would keep me happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts