The Official Cleveland Browns '08 Season Preview

Just realized something! There is going to be a few, EXTREMELY great weekends of Football going on in Ohio this fall! Especially this weekend.......

Saturday September 13th- OSU @ USC, 8pm ABC*
Sunday September 14th- Browns vs Steelers, 8:15pm NBC*

*Both nationally televised!

I'm going to be like a kid on Christmas!!!

I am glad we can kid like this, by the way the browns do look good, I am going to try and go up to a practice if I get a chance...want to go with me if I can get some time off?

I typically work during the hours they practice (7am-4pm), but if you plan on being their a certain day, maybe I could sneak out of work and meet you up in Berea somewhere....

According to local sports media, newly acquired WR, Donte Stallworth isn't practicing today because of a hamstring injury.

It has also been mentioned that the Browns have made contact with just released Charger WR, Eric Parker. It should also be noted that the Bengals, Chiefs, Dolphins, Jets and Raiders have also shown interest. Adding Parker in the absence of Jurevicius would further solidify our depth at the position.

Can you imagine a 4-5 WR set with Edwards, Stallworth, Winslow, Parker and Josh Cribbs lining up with Jamal Lewis in the backfield?! My God, I feel sorry for the secondaries who will face us this year! Those are some SOLID playmakers.

Apparently weight or physique aren't what they appear on Rogers. This 340lb freak can reportedly do a 360° dunk on a 10' rim! :eek:

Just gotta add, I'm glad this bad a$$ dude is on our side.....

14269.pgt.jpg

14385.r.jpg

Too bad he's not on your basketball team then.

Just realized something! There is going to be a few, EXTREMELY great weekends of Football going on in Ohio this fall! Especially this weekend.......

Saturday September 13th- OSU @ USC, 8pm ABC*
Sunday September 14th- Browns vs Steelers, 8:15pm NBC*

*Both nationally televised!

Very COOL !!!

Jimbo

According to local sports media, newly acquired WR, Donte Stallworth isn't practicing today because of a hamstring injury.

It has also been mentioned that the Browns have made contact with just released Charger WR, Eric Parker. It should also be noted that the Bengals, Chiefs, Dolphins, Jets and Raiders have also shown interest. Adding Parker in the absence of Jurevicius would further solidify our depth at the position.

Can you imagine a 4-5 WR set with Edwards, Stallworth, Winslow, Parker and Josh Cribbs lining up with Jamal Lewis in the backfield?! My God, I feel sorry for the secondaries who will face us this year! Those are some SOLID playmakers.

Let's hope the O line is as good as advertized ....
I know they did it last year, but the Steeler's O Line is great one year and not the next.

btw, do you have a QB ?
Anderson, Brady
Brady, Anderson

two QB's equal NO QB's normally.
Is Anderson a budding star, or a one year wonder ?
Many teams have had the one year wonders.

Jimbo

stallworth is fine....heard on 850 on the way home its nothing at all to worry about (of course isnt that what they all say? i.e. jake westbrooks elbow)

You don't want Parker. In games that I've seen him (especially in the playoffs) he looks like a stiff.
At the same time, the Browns are loaded at receiver and Parker could thrive with the others being double/triple teamed.

Let's hope the O line is as good as advertized ....
I know they did it last year, but the Steeler's O Line is great one year and not the next.

As long as the line stays healthy, we have one of the best offensive lines in the entire league. ESPN recently ranked all 32 Offensive Lines and Cleveland was #1. Plus we have 2 Pro-Bowlers on the left and most important side in Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach.

The Steelers line was awful last year. Rothlisberger got sacked more times than any other QB in the entire league. With the loss of Alan Faneca and no key additions, they should be even worse this year. What a coincidence the Browns signed 2 DE's this off-season! Expect Rothlisberger to be bum-rushed early and often!

btw, do you have a QB ?

Anderson, Brady
Brady, Anderson

two QB's equal NO QB's normally.
Is Anderson a budding star, or a one year wonder ?
Many teams have had the one year wonders.

Jimbo

Anderson is the starter. He had an amazing year last year and was rewarded with a Pro-Bowl appearance. He did everything possible to earn the starting spot. If he struggles this year for whatever reason, Brady Quinn will take over. From what I've seen so far and from what I've heard, Quinn is lighting it up in practice. With the actual game time experience he's had last year, he looked good. Bottom line, we're deep at QB. That would be the last position that I would be worried about.

For whatever reason, the fans seem to overwhelmingly favor Brady Quinn though. He's gotta be the most popular backup QB out there. Did you see him at the ESPY's? Can you imagine any other backup QB at that type of event? Let's face it, the guy is good looking, so that may subconsciously have something to do with it. I think the ladies have a crush on him and all the guys have a man-crush on him. Personally, as long as we're winning, I don't care who takes the snaps.

I've already went on record recently in the "NFL '08-'09 Thread" by saying that 9 wins will win the AFC North. And now for my official '08 Browns season predictions........

Wk. 1- Sunday, September 7 vs DALLAS COWBOYS FOX 4:15 PM W
Wk. 2- Sunday, September 14 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NBC 8:15 PM* W
Wk. 3- Sunday, September 21 @ Baltimore Ravens CBS 4:15 PM W
Wk. 4- Sunday, September 28 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM L
Wk. 5- BYE
Wk. 6- Monday, October 13 vs NEW YORK GIANTS ESPN 8:30 PM* W
Wk. 7- Sunday, October 19 @ Washington Redskins CBS 4:15 PM L
Wk. 8- Sunday, October 26 @ Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 4:05 PM L
Wk. 9- Sunday, November 2 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS CBS 1:00 PM W
Wk. 10- Thursday, November 6 vs DENVER BRONCOS NFLN 8:15 PM* L
Wk. 11- Monday, November 17 @ Buffalo Bills ESPN 8:30 PM*W
Wk. 12- Sunday, November 23 vs HOUSTON TEXANS CBS 1:00 PM L
Wk. 13- Sunday, November 30 vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS CBS 1:00 PM W
Wk. 14- Sunday, December 7 @ Tennessee Titans CBS 1:00 PM L
Wk. 15- Monday, December 15 @ Philadelphia Eagles ESPN 8:30 PM* L
Wk. 16- Sunday, December 21 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS 1:00 PM W
Wk. 17- Sunday, December 28 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM W

Week by Week Notes:

Wk. 1: The first week in the NFL is always unpredictable. Although, playing at home against the defending NFC East Champions and being the first game of the highly anticipated season will have the both the Cleveland fans and players charged up. Browns squeak out a close one. W

Wk. 2: Browns get their first win against the Steelers since 2000. W

Wk. 3: Ratbirds? No problem. Browns still riding high after huge wins in week 1 & 2. W

Wk. 4: The fast start catches up to the Browns and they let one slip away in Cinci. L

Wk. 5:
BYE

Wk. 6:
Coming off a bye, the Browns should have plenty of time to prepare for the defending Super Bowl Champs. Plus we're at home on a Monday night for the first time since 2003. W

Wk. 7:
Browns will be on short rest following the Monday night game. Cleveland will lose big in D.C. L

Wk. 8: The Jag's Defense is one of the best in the league. The Browns will struggle against them this week on the road. L

Wk. 9: Ratbirds in Cleveland? This could get ugly. Cleveland wins big and the crowd loves it! W

Wk. 10: A Thursday night game is never easy. The Browns don't play up to their potential on this short rest week. Denver wins in front of the NFLN viewing audience. L

Wk. 11:
This will be another hard fought battle in Buffalo. I'm sure the Bills will want revenge from last year's "Snow Bowl" debacle and could go either way. I'm picking the Browns. W

Wk. 12: There's always a week in which you think you should win, but don't. This is one of them. Texans win. L

Wk. 13: This is our coming of age victory. Browns pull an upset over the Colts at home. W

Wk. 14:
Browns let up on the Titans after an emotional victory over the Colts the week earlier. L

Wk. 15:
As long as McNabb and Westbrook are healthy, the Eagles will beat the Browns at Lincoln Financial Field in front of a raucous crowd on Monday Night in Phili. L

Wk. 16: Browns need this victory to stay in contention for the AFC North and don't disappoint in front of the home crowd. Browns split the season series against the Bengals. W

Wk. 17: Last game of the season. Entering the game, both teams have 8 wins. The AFC North title is on the line. Browns shock the Yinzer nation and make up for the recent years of abuse from Pittsburgh. Browns advance to the playoffs in an epic battle. Rothisberger and the Steelers are left wondering what went wrong, while Cleveland has great ambitions for this year's playoff run! W

Stallworth and injuries...Man this guy cant stay healthy, he would be a nice addition to the browns if he could (and from a selfish fantasy standpoint help who I hope to grab as QB, Derek Anderson)

As far as shawn Rogers go when he wants to play....With a big if, he can be a player, but if he does not stay in shape it can be quite sad....Watching him gasp for air the second half of the season on the field and sidelines, was not a pretty sight

But since I am on this topic, Browns fans tell us lion supporters, what we can expect from Leigh Bieden???

I've already went on record recently in the "NFL '08-'09 Thread" by saying that 9 wins will win the AFC North. And now for my official '08 Browns season predictions........

<snip>
Wk. 2- Sunday, September 14 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NBC 8:15 PM* W
<snip>
Wk. 17- Sunday, December 28 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM W

Week by Week Notes:

<snip>
Wk. 2: Browns get their first win against the Steelers since 2000. W

<snip>

Wk. 17: Last game of the season. Entering the game, both teams have 8 wins. The AFC North title is on the line. Browns shock the Yinzer nation and make up for the recent years of abuse from Pittsburgh. Browns advance to the playoffs in an epic battle. Rothisberger and the Steelers are left wondering what went wrong, while Cleveland has great ambitions for this year's playoff run! W

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!....OMFG...........

BTW.....I can't believe there is actually a thread dedicated to the Brownies, what's next a thread dedicated to the Bungles.

Good luck to the Brownies and Bungles this year, even if you do win the division, you still can't match what the Steelers has done in the division over the years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)