The Official Cleveland Browns '08 Season Preview

Stallworth and injuries...Man this guy cant stay healthy, he would be a nice addition to the browns if he could (and from a selfish fantasy standpoint help who I hope to grab as QB, Derek Anderson)

Speaking of FFB, I've had Stallworth on my team multiple times in the past. It seems as if he is "questionable with a hamstring" every single week, but he always plays in the games. As a matter of fact, Stallworth has only missed 4 games in the last 4 years.

As far as shawn Rogers go when he wants to play....With a big if, he can be a player, but if he does not stay in shape it can be quite sad....Watching him gasp for air the second half of the season on the field and sidelines, was not a pretty sight

Hopefully he will be inspired enough by playing on a contender to stay in shape the entire year. Mearly his pressence on the line will help the outside/inside linebackers to rome freely. I expect big things from Kamerion Wimbley this year.

But since I am on this topic, Browns fans tell us lion supporters, what we can expect from Leigh Bieden???

It's "Leigh Bodden". And Bodden, when healthy was one of the best CB's in the AFC. Ask Chad Johnson. He's repidily said that "Bodden is the best corner he's faced". Not sure if this is still true or not, because Bodden has been slowed by a nagging ankle injury in which he's had multiple surgeries on.

But again, health is a concern for Bodden. He's only played a full season once in his 5 year career. If he stays healthy, he should perform well for Detroit. He had 6 interceptions for the Browns last year.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!....OMFG...........

BTW.....I can't believe there is actually a thread dedicated to the Brownies, what's next a thread dedicated to the Bungles.

Good luck to the Brownies and Bungles this year, even if you do win the division, you still can't match what the Steelers has done in the division over the years.

If we're going on the past, the Browns have quite a storied past themselves. But as you say, this is a what have you done for me lately league and we shall see how things shake out this year.

See you week 2. Sunday Night at Cleveland Browns Stadium on NBC! Can't wait!

If we're going on the past, the Browns have quite a storied past themselves. But as you say, this is a what have you done for me lately league and we shall see how things shake out this year.

See you week 2. Sunday Night at Cleveland Browns Stadium on NBC! Can't wait!

It should be a good game.:D

Wk. 4: The fast start catches up to the Browns and they let one slip away in Cinci. L

With the defense the Bengals have? No way should you be worried.

Wk. 6: Coming off a bye, the Browns should have plenty of time to prepare for the defending Super Bowl Champs. Plus we're at home on a Monday night for the first time since 2003. W

The Giants will prove to be one of the worst defending Super Bowl Champs ever. They were a one-hit wonder.

Also, their only Monday night win last year came against a putrid Atlanta team.

Let's see how they fare on Monday night against a REAL TEAM!

Wk. 7: Browns will be on short rest following the Monday night game. Cleveland will lose big in D.C. L

Lose big? I don't like what I see from the Redskins, especially their running game.

Wk. 8: The Jag's Defense is one of the best in the league. The Browns will struggle against them this week on the road. L

They're due for some payback after the bottle incident.

Wk. 10: A Thursday night game is never easy. The Browns don't play up to their potential on this short rest week. Denver wins in front of the NFLN viewing audience. L

Denver is WAY past their prime- their window of opportunity is slamming shut. Your Browns and Bill's Patriots will see to that.

Wk. 15: As long as McNabb and Westbrook are healthy, the Eagles will beat the Browns at Lincoln Financial Field in front of a raucous crowd on Monday Night in Phili. L

Two players do not make up the sum of A team. Besides, Anderson will be throwing against Asante Samuel, and given what happened to Nate Clements in San Francisco, I think he'll be a bust in Philly.

IMO, the Eagles are the most overrated team of 2008.

IMO, that honor goes to either Chicago or Green Bay.

Chicago? Overrated?

Bill, the Bears will be REALLY bad- worst in the NFC by far.

Personally, I would have liked to see New England stick it to them, A 1985 reverse, if you will.

I hardly consider a team predicted to be horrible to be overrated.

They'll win 3-4 games- worst in the NFC, second-worst overall only to the Ravens.

Green Bay, OTOH- You're better off calling them overrated, not the Bears.

I'm sticking with my predictions that the Eagles are the most overrated.

Asante Samuel in Philly = Clements in San Francisco

Chicago? Overrated?

Bill, the Bears will be REALLY bad- worst in the NFC by far.

Personally, I would have liked to see New England stick it to them, A 1985 reverse, if you will.

I hardly consider a team predicted to be horrible to be overrated.

They'll win 3-4 games- worst in the NFC, second-worst overall only to the Ravens.

Green Bay, OTOH- You're better off calling them overrated, not the Bears.

I'm sticking with my predictions that the Eagles are the most overrated.

Asante Samuel in Philly = Clements in San Francisco

I agree with you about the Bears, but apparently The Sporting News doesn't. They have the Bears finishing at 10-6 and making the playoffs.

Sorry, but there's no way the Bears will be worse than the Falcons.

Funny you mention that, Bill- they will actually play each other on October 12th.

I call it either:

1. 'The Duel For Daniel,' as in Chase Daniel, the projected #1 pick for the 2009 Draft.

2. The Repus Bowl.

Derek Anderson: Thai Massages key to offseason training

Derek Anderson's key to off-season training.....

”I was throwing and running and lifting with my best friend,” he said. ”I was doing Thai massage with this lady in Portland, which was amazing. She’s pretty well-known, she works on a lot of ‘Blazer guys. Flexibility is something I’ve been working on. She worked on me a little bit too much at times; she was killing me. Getting the body right and ready for the season was kind of my deal when I went back.”

BTW...those Brownies are now in Baltimore, not the same franchise. They may still call the team the Brownies, but we all know it's not the same old Brownies.

I totally disagree. As far as I'm concerned, the Browns went on a three year hiatus. Oh, they may have come back with new players, but their history was firmly intact. That team dressed in purple may have won a Super Bowl with a few of the Browns players, but I look at it like they were traded there.

As far as Baltimore goes, I used to feel sorry for their fans when the Irsays moved the Colts out of town in the middle of the night. The Colts, like the Browns, had quite a legacy in Baltimore. But the greedy ownership decided to move that legacy away. The difference was the Colts took their nickname, colors, and history with them to Indy. That made me feel so sorry for Baltimore fans..........that is until the Ravens won the Super Bowl and I saw Baltimore fans rubbing it in to Browns fans on various message boards. The same fan base that tells the Indy Colts and their fans to go (expletive deleted), gives the Browns fans crap when the Ravens win the Super Bowl???? Talk about a walking definition of a hypocrite!

BTW...those Brownies are now in Baltimore, not the same franchise. They may still call the team the Brownies, but we all know it's not the same old Brownies.

Oh no he didn't! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is still a touchy subject to many Cleveland fans. The current Browns retained their name, colors and city in which their storied past is remembered by. All of the historical stats are also in tact right here in Cleveland. Those historical records didn't go with the Ratbirds to Baltimore, they stayed with our franchise right here in Cleveland. Like Bill said, we just went on a 3 year hiatus.

Oh no he didn't! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is still a touchy subject to many Cleveland fans. The current Browns retained their name, colors and city in which their storied past is remembered by. All of the historical stats are also in tact right here in Cleveland. Those historical records didn't go with the Ratbirds to Baltimore, they stayed with our franchise right here in Cleveland. Like Bill said, we just went on a 3 year hiatus.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts