The Official Detroit Lions 2008 Season Preview

Paul, your a good man starting this thread....I was going to but was worried about the backlash I would be getting.....lol

But to really break it down serously here are my questions:

Defense, has it improved with the new changes and the new DB's

Offense, the pass happy martz gone and now grinding it out with a rookie RB and Tatum Bell?

Calvin Johnson Can he make us forgot that we passed up AP??

So lets talk among us...the expectations are never high, but hey as football fans what else can we do???

How is the D. Line expected to be this year without Rogers?

The reports from Browns training camp are very positive on him so far. From what I hear, Shaun Rogers is flat-out unblockable when he wants to be. He's been shoving our O. Linemen, Hank Fraley or Eric Steinbach 3 yards at will. The scary thing is when he shoves both of them back 2 yards at the same time! Rogers has even already had an interception and multiple passes batted down at the line during practice.

Have you heard anything on Bodden yet? I wish him nothing but the best in Detroit. All around good guy while here in Cleveland....

How is the D. Line expected to be this year without Rogers?

The reports from Browns training camp are very positive on him so far. From what I hear, Shaun Rogers is flat-out unblockable when he wants to be. He's been shoving our O. Linemen, Hank Fraley or Eric Steinbach 3 yards at will. The scary thing is when he shoves both of them back 2 yards at the same time! Rogers has even already had an interception and multiple passes batted down at the line during practice.

Have you heard anything on Bodden yet? I wish him nothing but the best in Detroit. All around good guy while here in Cleveland....

Nothing as of yet in regards to practice other then the contract extention he recently got. I am looking forward to watching the few plays he may get in next week in the game against the giants next week.

In regards to Rogers, he can be a beast, its just sad that he became out of shape and could not be full tilt becouse he had enough of the lions, I know who would not, anyways....I expect a great season from him, would not be a surprise at all.

Yeah, I know, forgive me if I want to see Danny O take the field again. I'm biased :D

Ahh, I see. U. Conn alumn....

Anyways, if you really care about the future of Danny O, you don't want him inserted in this lineup yet. Whoever they stick in at QB will fail as long as they have no protection on the line.

Here in Cleveland, we've ruined many QB's careers before finally realizing this...

Here in Cleveland, we've ruined many QB's careers before finally realizing this...

You must have taken the corespondence course from the Lions camp about how NOT to BUILD and O Line, they have been ruining QB's for many years now.

Lately they have just decided to NOT draft QB's , maybe they don't want to ruin any more QB's ....

Jimbo

The only thing Detroit has going their way is their Hockey team and Basketball team.
The rest its ....meh..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts