The Official Detroit Lions 2008 Season Preview

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Easy there...I want to the Lions to due well also, but dont see that happening as far as the Vikes not having much they have a great D and a pretty OK running game.

In tonights game, I will be looking how the offense will change (the few plays we will see from the first team) and how the rookie RB looks and some of the new faces on D, though I belive many starters on the D wont be playing tonight

In the words of the Rolling Stones-" Hey You, off my cloud.";)

If anyone comes up with the sat coordinates for the game tonight with the giants please sing out. I know I'll be looking.

Well now with Favre going to the Jets, The NFC north is a crapshoot.
Vikes and Bears aren't much and until Aaron Rodgers proves himself..I am still on the band wagon:clap

Don't know how old you are, but if you're young enough, maybe you'll live long enough to see the Fords sell the team, and then your faith may be rewarded.Or maybe, just maybe, they may make a mistake and actually hire somebody that knows how to build a football team. Meanwhile, I'll keep tuning in every Sunday (and Thanksgiving) hoping that maybe this will be the year, even though I know better. The dark side runs strong in me.

End the Millen error (era) now!

[/B]
Don't know how old you are, but if you're young enough, maybe you'll live long enough to see the Fords sell the team, and then your faith may be rewarded.Or maybe, just maybe, they may make a mistake and actually hire somebody that knows how to build a football team. Meanwhile, I'll keep tuning in every Sunday (and Thanksgiving) hoping that maybe this will be the year, even though I know better. The dark side runs strong in me.

End the Millen error (era) now!

I think I am a couple years older- 50. After this many years I am not about to jump on the Falcons bandwagon:eek: With the Bears being my other team-lived there 12 years, I am stuck.

Well we're both the same age. I was born on Christmas 1957, 2 days before the Lions last won a championship. (Yes they still had champions before the Super Bores started, it's just nobody acknowledges them anymore). Since then they have won the grand total of one playoff game. There can't be a longer run of futility in the NFL. You were a Bears fan, and switched? What convinced you? Getting beat by the Lions twice last season? Get out now, before the "Lions disease" has set in too far. You still have a choice! It's way too late for me, save yourself!

Well we're both the same age. I was born on Christmas 1957, 2 days before the Lions last won a championship.

You've been alive for more titles than I have.

You = 1957 Lions + 1984 Tigers + Red Wings + 1997 Michigan.

Me = Bills' 4 SB losses and Sabres' 1999 Stanley Cup Final Defeat

Well we're both the same age. I was born on Christmas 1957, 2 days before the Lions last won a championship. (Yes they still had champions before the Super Bores started, it's just nobody acknowledges them anymore). Since then they have won the grand total of one playoff game. There can't be a longer run of futility in the NFL. You were a Bears fan, and switched? What convinced you? Getting beat by the Lions twice last season? Get out now, before the "Lions disease" has set in too far. You still have a choice! It's way too late for me, save yourself!

Cleveland acknowledges them Paul! Hell, we hold onto those memories like a fat woman holds onto her cake!

My Dad was born on Christmas too. Personally I think he gets shafted. However, I've always enjoyed eating Birthday Cake on Christmas Night!

I'm happy when anybody even remembers it's MY birthday.

Sabre, you missed a few champions, notably NCAA basketball.

You've been alive for more titles than I have.

You = 1957 Lions + 1984 Tigers + Red Wings + 1997 Michigan.

Me = Bills' 4 SB losses and Sabres' 1999 Stanley Cup Final Defeat

Don't forget the 68 Tigers:D

Well Paul you got me, in our excerize in futility:D, by 4 mos- My birthday is May 2-1958
I was only a Bears fan by because my wife and sons are from Illinois.. UNLESS they were playing the Lions..

Sabre, you missed a few champions, notably NCAA basketball.

Michigan1989.jpg

The Lions' chances of beating Green Bay just got higher...

Not really, Every year , for the last 4-5, I have hoped that Farve would stick around, due to the fact that it seams the Lions would win one of the two games they played and if Farve was playing there was a good chance of it being a close game.

I do think it helps the Lions, but only until the QB of the future for the Pack get comfortable, that being Rodgers or Brohm.

Jimbo

You might want to check out the won-loss record against Favre's Packers. Not too good. I can't even remember the last time we won at Lambeau. It's about the same as going to Minnesota.

Nice win yesterday. (Any time we win is good, even if it is exhibition season). See my comments in the NFL thread.

O' Hare has been drinking the "Millen Kool-Aid." My predictions in post #33 are closer to reality than his is.:D I thought this guy was retiring, anyhow.

Barry Sanders sighting? No, that was Kevin Smith doing a "Barry" impersonation on that 35yd. scamper for 6 yesterday. Sure looked like Barry. 3-0 in exhibition season. Reality sets in, in 2 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)