The OFFICIAL DISH / HBO Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Some people may solely choose DirecTV over Dish because they have HBO and Cinemax, or at least have DirecTV to get HBO and Cinemax in the free three-month preview when they first sign up with the service. So yes, there is a point.
Don't forget all of the regularly-scheduled free previews throughout the year. I don't remember the last time I actually paid for HBO or Cinemax, but I certainly never had to do without access to their programming for very long, until they were removed from Dish.

Not if that number doesn’t outweigh the cost for either side. Like I said, there would be no point for either company to bring it back at this point. Both have established services that HBO nor Cinemax would do anything to produce any extra revenue.

The more providers that carry your channels, the more revenue you get.

Reactions: JSheridan
When a free preview came up, I'd look through the guide to find things to record off HBO.

Last several times I recorded NOTHING!
The only reason I watched the HBO previews was for GOT's. I'd binge watch all the seasons that I had missed. I had to buy the Blue Ray season pack to see the last 8 episodes.

It is going to be interesting how the future unfolds in regarding AT&T as they have stated that Satellite TV is not for them. They plan on switching everyone over to streaming in time. They have also stated that the subscribers that have are discounts, will lose them, as they only want to keep the profitable ones and their prices keep going up. What will happen to HBO is anyone's guess. I really doubt HBO will ever be back on Dish, unless AT&T sells it, which I doubt. They are betting on the HBO+ that is going out in the Spring. To me $15 a month for HBO is not worth it. I tried for a while and finally dropped it.

Reactions: long_time_DNC
Reactions: pattykay
What is to disagree. ATT making less money per subscriber because they are splitting the costs would not be advantageous to them. There would have to be a scale at which point one is more profitible than the other, and the way they are pushing HBO Max, it seems they have exactly what they want. They are even(supposedly) shutting down ATT TV Now, and putting live programming on HbOMax. Granted that last detail came from MoffettNation and I don’t trust anything from that guy.

Reactions: joewhite57
What is to disagree. ATT making less money per subscriber because they are splitting the costs would not be advantageous to them. There would have to be a scale at which point one is more profitible than the other, and the way they are pushing HBO Max, it seems they have exactly what they want. They are even(supposedly) shutting down ATT TV Now, and putting live programming on HbOMax. Granted that last detail came from MoffettNation and I don’t trust anything from that guy.

I have a hard time thinking a much lower number of full time subscribers can be better with a number of subscribers doing a few months a year streaming and bingeing.

Reactions: pattykay

Hmm... so Amazon Prime Video is not coming to channel 301? (And even if it does get added, it is apparently not coming to Hopper Duo or Wally.) :(
Well, it is official: this is only for the Hopper 3. :crying
Hopper 3 customers can watch their favorite Amazon Prime Video movies and shows. Just go to Channel 301 or say “Amazon Prime Video” into your Voice Remote.