The OFFICIAL DISH / HBO Thread

Your first supposition, no chance. Your second? I could see them putting the upcoming HBO Max on as an app. Get a commision for driving customers there (one would think).
Something tells me that AT&T wouldn’t allow Dish to have the HBO Now or HBO Max apps on the Dish DVRs unless they could come to an agreement.
So both of my suppositions must be correct, then. :bounce :party :crowdbounce :happydance

Here is an uplink report that is sure to spark speculation:
Uplink Activity Updates » Blog Archive » 11/13/19 at 3:15pm ET (v08) – 27 changes seen

First, the INFO channel being removed from 301 (and moved to channel 198) could mean that they are making room to bring HBO back. But then later, the Amazon test app was moved from 303 to 301. So apparently, Amazon wanted to be placed before Netflix instead of after it. However, the VOD Network Name (which was just added) for channel 198 is "HBO." So, could Dish be bringing HBO back as a VOD-only service?

I saw that and checked out the channel, it was just an ad for movies for Veterans. I think someone at the Uplink was having a little fun with a table that home viewers never see.

I saw that and checked out the channel, it was just an ad for movies for Veterans. I think someone at the Uplink was having a little fun with a table that home viewers never see.
I thought perhaps that the label was left over from when the channel was still on channel 301, and was only listed as "added" due to the move to a new channel number. In other words, it could have been an honest mistake with Dish overlooking this label and never removing it, and/or a problem with the way James Long's computer interprets and reports the data. I was just having a little fun here to see how people would react to this "news." I also thought that maybe someone from Dish Support would read this thread and get the issue taken care of, if it is an issue on Dish's end.

I’m pretty sure if AT&T and Dish Network ever came to an agreement, Dish would get the actual channels back, and not just an app. Why wouldn’t they?
Unless Dish is pushing the narrative that people don't want or need the the channels. The app is to carry a great amount more than just what is given on the channels.

Reactions: pattykay
Unless Dish is pushing the narrative that people don't want or need the the channels. The app is to carry a great amount more than just what is given on the channels.
Well, unless Dish is suddenly going to start coming up with apps for the ViP receivers, Dish had better be pushing those subscribers to a Hopper or Wally so they can actually have access to the HBO app. (This is assuming that the Wally would even have access to it, and Dish does not exactly have a good track record of adding new streaming apps to that model, either. Perhaps it is time for them to come up with a new version of the Wally?)

Well, unless Dish is suddenly going to start coming up with apps for the ViP receivers, Dish had better be pushing those subscribers to a Hopper or Wally so they can actually have access to the HBO app.
Sometimes I forget that Scott closed the Hopper Only forum and folded everything into a general Dish forum.

So if I ever act like you're stupid, it's me instead. :biggrin

Well, unless Dish is suddenly going to start coming up with apps for the ViP receivers, Dish had better be pushing those subscribers to a Hopper or Wally so they can actually have access to the HBO app. (This is assuming that the Wally would even have access to it, and Dish does not exactly have a good track record of adding new streaming apps to that model, either. Perhaps it is time for them to come up with a new version of the Wally?)
They have been aggressively removing VIP equipment.

Eventually... just do what they did to the SD equipment... send kill codes, in the way of software no longer supported. Just like Microsoft and Apple do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)